Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For years I've been using the Plantronics hedset for my mobile phones. And for the 600 I stayed with the M-132N, which looks like it is discountinued, but is similar to http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...eId=cat1210116

The great thing about the plantronics is that it had a volume wheel and a quick slide mute button (great for the drive thru).
    However I kept losing the foam piece that goes over the earbud, and finally I was at Best buy with a friend and found this....

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=156799

It was at Best Buy for $20 so I figured what the heck, I'll try it. Well guess what? It sounds great. Very loud, very comfortable. I set the volume on my phone to zero or 2 bars max. The sound on the other end I have been told sounds very good and as good as the plantronics. The best thing about this is I hate dangling earbuds, but the portability and the ability to shove them in your pocket has been attractive. But the fact of the matter is as most of you know the sound quality on those buds are pretty bad since it's so far from your mouth in loud environments you end up holding it up to your mouth with your hand.

Well, this thing is Unbelievably light, the cord is half the thickness of most headsets, so I just loop it around my fingers and shove it in my pocket. It balls up very small. But it's a boom mic!!

Also, the answer/end button works on the Treo! Call waiting between calls works great.

The flexible end is pretty nice as well. Although I'm a bit uncertain about long term durability as the cord is a bit thin.

Also, no more foam ends to lose!! It has a rubber gasket that surrounds the earbud so it's not a hard plastic against your ear. It's rather comfortable. My friend bought one too and we both agree it is awesome.

Now, the best thing here is that I found it at ecost for $9.96
    http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=302032
    If you buy 3 you get free shipping!! I guess it's free shipping for anything over $25. This ends in 2 days.

I ordered 10 of them. That's right 10. I figure these are great stocking stuffers for christmas. I did the $8 2 day shipping so I can have it before christmas. All in all, $117.70 for 10 of them. That's less than $12 each. (they charged $5 handling fee).

Anyways, I thought you guys would appreciate this great find.

I mean 10 bucks, you can't beat it.
    Last edited by smartphone; 01/01/2004 at 01:37 AM.
    Does it fit the Treo without an adapter?
    sorry, never mind.......duh- all I had to do was look.
    Does the headset only work with the phone, or can you hear sounds from other apps audio players, SMS tones, games, etc?

Thanks
    Originally posted by smartphone
    I ordered 10 of them. That's right 10. I figure these are great stocking stuffers for christmas.
    How about stuffing one in the Treo 600 Essentials stocking so we can post a review for it on our site.
    Yeah it is stereo for playing MP3s? Otherwise it seems to be a normal headset, similar to the thousands out there. And I'm not even getting into something with a retractable cord or wireless. It's similar to saying you found the perfect mouse it uses a rollerball and a cord. Meanwhile I'm looking for a headset that's more similar to the wireless, optical, wheel-mouse.

This seems like very ho-hum news for such a topic.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dolphinsms
    Does the headset only work with the phone, or can you hear sounds from other apps audio players, SMS tones, games, etc?

Thanks

I went out and purchased it ($18.99) at Best Buy this evening. It works great! But it only works with the phone. You do not hear any other sounds.

Kirby
    For the price, I agree that this headset works very well. However, I'm returning it, because the packaging shows warning of lead being used to manufacture it.
    Just got 3 of these Belkin headsets--a major improvement over the cheap HS ones, even over their 'high-performance' one.
    My apologies for being somewhat off topic for this thread....but has anyone found a handsfree earpiece/mic that plays stereo MP3's on the Treo 600?

I purchased one from Seido that doesn't work and I think has been recalled. Skullcandy's website makes no mention of theTreo 600. Is there such a product?
    Originally posted by rosenft
    My apologies for being somewhat off topic for this thread....but has anyone found a handsfree earpiece/mic that plays stereo MP3's on the Treo 600?

I purchased one from Seido that doesn't work and I think has been recalled. Skullcandy's website makes no mention of theTreo 600. Is there such a product?
    I don't think there's such a product, which was my main problem with subject of this thread. Anything near the "ultimate" headset would have to offer either a stereo headset or a wireless option. Best I can tell this offers neither.
    it appears my old jabras (treo270) do work with the 600 for both the phone and all other sounds - including mp3s
  13.    #13  
    Ok,

So I changed the original thread to good headset instead of ultimate after a few weeks of owning it.

It is still a great portable headset that bundles up and fits in the palm of your hand or front jean pockets, or shirt pocket. For portability and always having a headset on me it still is much much better than a dangling microphone headset.

The downgrade came from the fact that the microphone does not do a good job with blocking background noise. The noise cancelling is not very good.

I have a 99 suburban and my friends tell me that the road noise is very apparent. When I switch back to the plantronics, they say it is much better but of course there is still background noise.

So now I am looking at the www.theboom.com which is normally $149 but I believe it might be on sale for the holidays for $99.

or the other possibility is the Shure Quietspot, http://www.shure.com/quietspot/index.asp?id=120112

The Shure is $49. Between the two I like the fact that the Shure is much slimmer and the boom mike is thinner. Also you can use it without the over the ear hook which shrinks down the size even more. The boom you must wear over the ear.

The boom however has gotten rave reviews for the mic ability to cut out background noise. But $149?? vs. $49 for the Shure.

Anyone have the two?

Also the Boom has an answer end button, the Shure does not.

If in fact the boom is $99 now it's a tough call between the two. I would like one I can use in the suburban where people think I'm still in the office, and I can take calls at the airport, in the plane before take off, at the mall, outdoors, etc.. But of course the boom looks a bit bulky compared to the Shure.
    On the recommendation of this thread, I ordered the Belkin from ecost. It is a surprisingly comfortable earpiece. Believe it or not, my only complaint is that it is TOO loud. I have the volume turned all the way down to the first bar, and if I happen to be in a quiet spot, it feels like the person on the other end is shouting. I think I can live with this until someone comes up with a headset that does both voice and mp3 type sounds.
    try this head set there are some good reviews on other links about this
    http://reasonproducts.hostasaurus.co...e=809908020109
    Still waiting for the perfect headset to be build. From everything I've read TheBoom sounds like it is the best headset for noise-canceling and clarity. Only I would like a volume control, mute and answer/end buttons.

I picked up a headset at BestBuy tonight, BodyGlove with all these features. Unfortunately everyone I spoke to said I sounded "tinny". So I returned it.

My current headset remains a M140 Plantronics, boom over the ear style with volume and mute button. No answer/end button. I had this headset prior to my Treo 600. Works great for now.

I'm interested to hear about the TheBoom answer/end adapter when it is available. Maybe I take the blunge then.

Great posts....
    Is it just mine or has anyone else had problems with their old Jabra headset (or any for that matter) not staying in the 2.5 hole.

Seems I have to push it in real hard and then any movement and I'll lose the ear volume.

I'm thinking about paring the base of the headset away with a blade but wanted to see if this was a general Treo problem or something else.
    Duh...found anwswer in other thread.

Apparently, you *do* have to trim the base to get a fit.

Nevermind...
    Try the link and see the G2 and the BT07 Dongle
    Does the Belkin answer/end button work on the Treos?

For that matter, does the 600 use the same plug as the 300?

Thanks.

Geoffrey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast