1.    #1  
    Has anybody had a problem with the Palm Mail app? It has worked well for about a month. Now when it is "Receiving changes" it freezes and I have to reset the Treo.

Any ideas on uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Tried to delete the app but not sure what to delete.

Thanks for any advice/help.
    Originally posted by dsam99
    Has anybody had a problem with the Palm Mail app? It has worked well for about a month. Now when it is "Receiving changes" it freezes and I have to reset the Treo.

Any ideas on uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Tried to delete the app but not sure what to delete.

Thanks for any advice/help.

"It has worked well for about a month." I trust you have a GSM phone?

Get Uninstall Manager and it will remove the app cleanly. It works best if you already have Uninstall Manager on your Treo before you install new apps though.

http://www.northglide.com/um.html
    Mine just started that problem today!
  4.    #4  
    Downloaded uninstall manager. ..thanks for that.

Still having problems with using Palm Mail. Was even able to delete what I expected was the corrupt file with FileZ and do a reinstall of the Palm Mail app. Still no luck. This seems to have started after removing a lot of mail from the deleted and sent folders.

Sprint Treo 600 with rev b.
    First post and love this device, however, am having trouble when "receiving changes" screen appears and then requires soft reset to unfreeze my treo. Has previously worked fine and had earlier sent and received w/o problem. I'm on sprint and get my mail from cox cable.
  6.    #6  
    I also use sprint and cox mail. I frequently get spam that is html email instead of plain text. It appears that any html email is causing the mail app to freeze on download. If I look in Outlook I can see the message fine. If I go to the palm mail app I can see the message after the reset, but it stopped downloading before my 5k limit that is set in the preferences.

Not sure why this would cause the app to freeze. ....
    dsam,
    What you say may explain how I got my mail working again tonight.
    Before reading your post I called home to see if my leaving outlook on my desktop open might have something to do with the problem. Apparently my wife must have dl'ed my mail in the process which then allowed my 600 to access my cox acct. Does that make sense?
    Unlike you I was never able to see any incoming msgs. after resetting my treo. I'm not too well versed on all this but appreciate immensely all the input from this whole discussion board. Don't know how i'd manage this device w/o it. JL
  8.    #8  
    ddraper - let me know if that fixes your problem. mine still occurs and i sent in an email to MailBetaFeedback@palmone.com with an example email that appears to be locking up the treo. I may be wrong about this, but once you have a pop session on one machine another should not be able to create another session and should result in an error. so if outlook had a pop session the treo shouldn't be able to retrieve any messages and vice-versa.

good luck with the mail app. ...i've tried snapper and biz connection and the one from handspring/palmone i like the best.
    I just hit "stop" or "cancel" and then do another send recieve and it seems to work fine. Minor annoyance, but thi sis the best mail app by far. Hopefully will be some new features and faster performance in the final version.