1.    #1  
    While using the web in your treo600, is it possible to receive phone calls?
    Is there a programa that allows you to see an incoming call
    ?
    Only on the GSM Treo600. In the future, please do a search as this has been discussed repetitively. For more info, read my comments in this thread...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    CDMA (Sprint) = No
    GSM (All others) = Yes
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

Originally posted by lghitis
    While using the web in your treo600, is it possible to receive phone calls?
    Is there a programa that allows you to see an incoming call
    ?
    I don't think either CDMA of GSM allow you to do both at the same time. If you're on CDMA web, calls automatically go to voicemail. If you're on GSM web, you get notified of the call and can answer, but answering stops your web session.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

I don't think either CDMA of GSM allow you to do both at the same time. If you're on CDMA web, calls automatically go to voicemail. If you're on GSM web, you get notified of the call and can answer, but answering stops your web session.
    There has been some discussion of this lately - I'm on T-Mobile, and other Orange users have also reported this - we don't get notified - calls go straight to voice-mail.

Danita
    Originally posted by Danitaz

There has been some discussion of this lately - I'm on T-Mobile, and other Orange users have also reported this - we don't get notified - calls go straight to voice-mail.

Danita
    I just tested this, and you are correct. the phone call went to voice mail whil I had a data connection going.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Yep, I think both GSM and CDMA operate the same in this regard. I posted this in another thread, but I found a blurb on AT&T's support website a few days ago stating that incoming calls will go to voicemail while downloading/uploading data.

Not sure where the rumor that the GSM Treo can do both simultaneously got started.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I'm just wondering what the difference is with something like Verichat though. I can be in Verichat, actively chatting and a call WILL come through - but VersaMail, browsing and pocket-tunes streaming will all block a call. My guess is that Verichat doesn't handle the connection quite the same, and thus lets calls break through.

Hmmmm.

Maybe once T-Mobile ever DOES carry these phones it will start to work the way HS "says" it does.

Danita
    Originally posted by Minsc

Not sure where the rumor that the GSM Treo can do both simultaneously got started.
    Probably because 9 out of 10 GSM GPRS class B phones support this. For some reason the Treo doesn't.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    My guess is that Verichat doesn't handle the connection quite the same, and thus lets calls break through.
    I've answered my own question I think

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH

Verichat isn't constantly "sending/receiving" so as long as it's "idle" at the time of the call it breaks through. The browser actually does this too - I was just "sitting" in the browser reading a post here and phoned myself. Call came through.

What does NOT happen on T-Mobile at least, is that I'm not "asked" if I want to interrupt my data transmission if I really am "actively" using the connection.

Danita
    Yup... seems the same way here!

Verichat isn't constantly "sending/receiving" so as long as it's "idle" at the time of the call it breaks through. The browser actually does this too - I was just "sitting" in the browser reading a post here and phoned myself. Call came through.

What does NOT happen on T-Mobile at least, is that I'm not "asked" if I want to interrupt my data transmission if I really am "actively" using the connection.

Danita
    It is really quite simple: if the little data arrows next to the signal strength are gray, you can receive a call. If they are green (meaning data is being sent), the call goes to voicemail.

The arrows are only green when a web page is loading or data is being sent to/from the phone.
    Originally posted by dacreativeguy
    The arrows are only green when a web page is loading or data is being sent to/from the phone.
    Wrong...
    My T-600 on Cingular, and playing with my old T-mobile sim (still active) the arrows are green the entire time a GPRS connection is active, which for me is from 615 am to 9:45pm (thank you Treo Helper)...

Danita
    If that's the case (for a GSM version), then this is a BIG change between generations. The Treo 180/270 allow incoming calls to be answered. That's a step backwards, if the Treo 600 can't. That's NOT the way the GSM version is supposed to work. That problem as always been limited to CDMA, not GSM.

Are you using full (and paid) data services or the free WAP?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.