1.    #1  
    So this weekend I got brave and did the firmware upgrade to my Cingular phone. Everything works well except it introduced a new problem for me on t-Mobile (even after a hard reset and clean install of my software). My GPRS connection now seems to die intermittently. It doesn't disconnect. It just stops working. This didn't occur with my cingular.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it possible to go back to the old software?
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Wow, sorry to hear that.

Firmware Flashes to ROM are permanent. You cannot go back to the previous firmware. Can you test your GPRS stability prior to installing any 3rd-party sw, i.e., immediately following a hard reset, fire up your radio and GPRS. Is that stable? Or did you already try that?

Assuming this test doesn't tell you anything, or doesn't help, then you could try installing the updater again. If you do it, make sure you hard reset prior to running the new firmware updater.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, GPRS works fine for a while, but after a while, it dies. Haven't tried it with no software because I only notice it when basejet is polling. I may try out a different email app and see if it acts any better.

If no-one else is haveing trouble (I guess not) I will probably re-apply the firmware and see if that fixes me up.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Wow, I've had no negative effect on my T600 since I upgraded to 2.08 and now 2.09. I don't have problems with the GPRS nor the call quality is any different. So far so good. The only thing significant so far is that the audio and RF are slightly better at the cost of less battery life.
    Vestpa ... I got 2.08, but where did you find 2.09?
    Mike
    Originally posted by mbranscum
    Vestpa ... I got 2.08, but where did you find 2.09?
    Firmware: 02.09
    Software Treo600-1.09-INT

Running a Cingular T600 (originally) on T-mobile - no problems at all!!!!

Get the firmware update here:

http://66.234.40.114:92/

oooh oooh oooh, open a beer - this is my centennial post!!!!!
    Last edited by dspires; 01/07/2004 at 10:20 PM.
    Originally posted by JakePratt
    My GPRS connection now seems to die intermittently. It doesn't disconnect. It just stops working. This didn't occur with my cingular.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it possible to go back to the old software?
    Same problem here. I didn't think much of it until I read your post - Then I realized that the same thing was happening to me.

I'm going to be brave & try 2.09 to see if that resolves the problem.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Firmware Flashes to ROM are permanent. You cannot go back to the previous firmware.
    Why is that? Why could you overwrite the firmware with a newer version, but not an older version? Is it the software that doesn't allow downgrades? That seems dumb.
    Tried to see if anyone else was having the issue that I am having....

I have 3.05 Firmware...

I don't know if its a software issue or a firmware issue (because I do have a number of utility programs on my Treo that can turn the radio on or off...but don't use them).

Intermittently my green GPRS bars disappear and there isn't even the triangle showing GPRS available...I'll have the bars but no GPRS indication.

A soft reset cures everything...which makes me think its a software conflict and not the firmware.
    I was confused that you did the cingular upgrade but you are having trouble on T-Mo...why don't you try doing the T-MO upgrade??? Just a thought.
    You can go back. I just did it (after totally freakin' out because I messed up my upgrade from 2.09 to 3.05). There are various posts in here on how to downlevel/downgrade (basically, you start the install of the older version, and when it says that it can't proceed because you have a newer version, you soft reset the treo 600 and start up the D.C. app to force the downlevel). Search the forums for specifics.