1.    #1  
    OK - I am a sucker for every new palm based phone. I just ditched my Samsung for this new toy? So - for a newbie, what's the 5 coolest things this can do? In "non-geek" speak.........

Stuff that Sprint didn't list in the book?
    1. Stream Shoutcast radio and talk radio stations using Pocket Tunes.

2. Double as a flashlight when I am going to bed. (It looks kind of like the flashlights from Star Trek TNG)

3. Read my incoming faxes.

4. Play MP3's with good quality sound.

5. Snap pictures of potential gifts while Christmas shopping. (See honey, I want this one!)
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    1. Go get the Kinoma Player, and play back video clips on your phone.

2. Get PocketTunes, and stream MP3 files live to your phone from hundreds of sites (www.radioparadise.com is my favorite, and now I listen to it in my car! Take THAT, XM Radio!)

3. use a car cassette adaptor, and your car speakers become hands-free speakers for your phone.

More coming, but those are my favorites so far
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    how fast does your connection have to be to get streaming audio? I take it GPRS is fast enough??
    If you have an expensive GPRS plan, like most of UK and Europe, use Verichat/Chatter for instant messenger, and use Email to download only the first 5k of messages within last 24 hours.

This will use only small amounts of data.

Because of expensive GPRS plans in the UK, it's not very cost-effective to browse the web with full-colour pictures, so turn them off.

If you want a loud ringer, use the LOUD PHONE ringer tone.
    1) great sync with productivity apps, like MS Word, Outlook, Excel, etc

2) Chatter for IM

3) GREAT browser: Blazer, almost as good as Opera IMHO

4) access to Palm apps, which is the most extensive collection of handheld apps available

5) Treo 600 works great as a phone (maybe this should be number 1?)
    Originally posted by Minsc
    how fast does your connection have to be to get streaming audio? I take it GPRS is fast enough??
    My GPRS connection is barely fast enough. Even after selecting the lowest bandwith stations on shoutcast, it is still "hit and miss" when finding stations which work.

Having said that, I have found a few very good stations that work fine on my GPRS T600, including radioparadise.com.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!