1.    #1  
    I can't seem to get Call Forwarding to work on my Cingular Treo 600 using T-Mobile. Every time I try I get the "Failed Operation" message. Any suggestions ??
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    Make sure you are in T-Mobile coverage area when you do this. After you change the setup, Treo actually talks with T-Mo's network and changes your settings. It works fine on mine.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tip, but I am in my local area and have 4 bars, but I still get the "Operation Failed" message. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, as I'm not looking forward to calling T-Mobile to get the problem solved !!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    How do you do call forwarding on a Treo 600 on Sprint?
    I don't think you can configure call forwarding using an interface on the CDMA (Sprint) Treo. Call forwarding is part of the GSM spec.
    Also wanted to mention that I haven't been able to get it to work with my Cingular Treo using Cingular service. I suspect it's network-related, but I don't have a point of reference.
    AT&T also has no acceptable Call forwarding feature. Though the manual SAYS you can choose A) Busy; B) No Answer; or C) Phone Off options, the actuality is: Call forward directly absolutely or not at all...VERY unacceptable. AT&T says the "fix is in the works" to enable the true call forward features but it is apparently a GSM thing and who knows how long the fix will be.

This is a very critical factor for my group of Treo users and any input or other workarounds / addon software advice/info that you can share will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Thanks, and Regards,

Allison
    Originally posted by mgauss
    How do you do call forwarding on a Treo 600 on Sprint?
    easy...on the phone screen push menu, options, phone preferences, then choose forward all calls to: enter number here.

I'm pretty sure everyone on Sprint has call forwarding included.
    I suspect it's a carrier issue, as I can't seem to set up an "always forward" number on my SE T616 either. Not having a real need for the feature, it doesn't bother me that much, but the fact that it doesn't work bothers me.
    Originally posted by sealady
    AT&T also has no acceptable Call forwarding feature. Though the manual SAYS you can choose A) Busy; B) No Answer; or C) Phone Off options, the actuality is: Call forward directly absolutely or not at all...VERY unacceptable. AT&T says the "fix is in the works" to enable the true call forward features but it is apparently a GSM thing and who knows how long the fix will be.
    It was for this very reason that I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile yesterday. The word from AT&T is that it will be implemented before 2nd qtr, but I wasn't willing to wait that long. In addition they do not allow you to forward to an 800 number and any call forwarding costs $0.40/min no matter what plan you have.

They obviously don't want to support call forwarding.
    editted because I misread the original question.

I can forward my AT&T phone with T-Mobile service using the phones forwarding menu.

Does it fail when you press the "Get Status" button?