View Poll Results: Which Calendar Program Are you Using?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • System

12 24.00%
  • Datebk5

20 40.00%
  • Agendus

13 26.00%
  • Other

5 10.00%
  1.    #1  
    I am finding the system Calendar lacking and was wondering what other folks are using.

If you could note if you would recommend or would buy this product again would also be appreciated.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    using datemate - fairly simple, no frills...
    Agendus.
    Despite questionable business ethics (which seem all the rage in palm land at the moment) and only limited treo 600 5 way nav support, Agendus suits my PIM style better then DB5. YMMV of course :-)
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    Datebk 5 can seem extremely complex to the uninitiated, but you really only have to use as many or few of it's features as you want.

For Treo support, there's really no question: Datebk 5 incorporates very good nav pad support, and Agendus has very poor nav pad support. Because of this, I went ahead an invested the time to learn many of the subtle and powerful features of Db5, and I have to say...i can get it to do anything at this point.

hands down: if you own a Treo, Datebk 5 is definitely the way to go. i'm hoping Agendus updates to Treo support soon.
    Datebk5 is great. I tried Agendus and 1. Didn't like the lack of nav support and 2. just didn't like the way the screen looked.
    Datebk5. No question in my mind. Great program, frenquently updated, yahoo support group, 5-way support, journal features, and lots more. It has won tons of awards over the years.

Sales proceeds for datebk5 go to protect gorillas and other wildlife. So buy it and feel good!

The controversy with Agendus, to my recollection, had to do with the company registering a datebk5 website name which deftly directed people to Agendus' website and away from datebk5.

There was (and still is) a lot of controversy and debate about what exactly happened and the motives behind it.

Datebk5's website is: http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/

I have heard good things about Agendus' functionality - I have just never tried it.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    From the Pimlico web site:

Wondering about the advanced Datebook+ application in all Handspring devices? Yes, Handspring's application uses DateBk3 technology licensed from Pimlico Software.

So I guess all of us system users are using Datebk3.

David
    Originally posted by dbregman
    From the Pimlico web site:

Wondering about the advanced Datebook+ application in all Handspring devices? Yes, Handspring's application uses DateBk3 technology licensed from Pimlico Software.

So I guess all of us system users are using Datebk3.

David
    Actually, I think datebk+ is a stripped down version of datebk3. It has some of the features, but not all. A few years ago when datebk3 was current, it was still much better than datebk+.