Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well after having my treo for about 3 weeks, and never dropping it, today i managed to drop it into my salad with ranch dressing...it fell in feet 1st and the dressing got into every little hole!!! i'm gonna f-ing shoot myself because i have no clue how to get that damn dressing out of the mic hole.... please help...what should i do?
    I would use distilled water and a q- tip.
    Last edited by Midori; 12/16/2003 at 05:26 PM.
    Throw in some croutons and some dark greens and they wil obsorb the dressing.
    Originally posted by ijoe13
    well after having my treo for about 3 weeks, and never dropping it, today i managed to drop it into my salad with ranch dressing...it fell in feet 1st and the dressing got into every little hole!!! i'm gonna f-ing shoot myself because i have no clue how to get that damn dressing out of the mic hole.... please help...what should i do?
    Sorry but that's really funny!
    I shouldn't laugh cuz now I'll probably do the same thing!
    Maybe a few q-tips will help and a little shop vac to help suck it out.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I agree. A little clean-up and your Treo 600 will be good as new.

I suggest cleaning the contacts and surface with some rubbing alcohol, Isopropyl solution to clean any oils and residue from the contacts. Remember to apply solution to the cleaning pad or cotton tip, not the equipment itself. And always test a small area before using it on the entire thing. Use a small shop vac as mentioned before to get out any particles that might be inside.

Drug store sometimes, hardware store almost always carry 99%
    Isopropyl. Or check your friendly neighborhood electronics store,
    not Radio Shack, find the one your VCR guy goes to. They sell 99%
    Isopropyl for cleaning video/audio tape heads.

Good luck!

At least it wasn't Bleu Cheese!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    but was it fat-free or low-cal dressing? Yes, we're all just FULL of the humor when a tragedy like this happens to someone else...
    What about something with a propellant to clean it out... like radio shack TV tuner cleaner with the small straw. Then the liquid washes out stuff and evaporates. It would not harm electronics, but not sure if it would attack the plastic
    For protecting your Treo in the future, I suggest you use Handspring's Ranch-shield protective coating. It also comes in Italian, French, and Vinegrette varieties.
  9.    #9  
    it looks like someone else will be playing with greenleaf treo salad w/ranch dressing... i went down to the spcs store and told them my treo was having "some problems" and they just gave me a new one, they didn't even ask what the "problems were... but what i want to know is how does treo taste with alfredo sauce?

by the way thanks for the tips, hopefully i won't need them EVER AGAIN!
    Sweet!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Throw in some croutons and some dark greens and they wil obsorb the dressing.
    ROFLMAO
    Funny story, glad you got a new phone Dude! Lucky you.

Now stay away from salads -- their bad for you. -LOL
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/16/2003 at 07:46 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Next time, do the chick thing: get the dressing ON THE SIDE!
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Hi, my mom always said "do not talk and eat at the same time....", take care, jay ps use egrips so it won't happen again, so far 2 weeks with egrips and everything is A OK!
    Mine took a bath - what a bath. Died for a while. The card appeared to have lost data also. I forgot to look in the launcher directory. Anyway, hot sync'd and all was ok - after that I remembered to look on the card with Filez and gosh, everything was there.

Ben

it looks like someone else will be playing with greenleaf treo salad w/ranch dressing... i went down to the spcs store and told them my treo was having "some problems" and they just gave me a new one, they didn't even ask what the "problems were... but what i want to know is how does treo taste with alfredo sauce?

by the way thanks for the tips, hopefully i won't need them EVER AGAIN!
    did they just give you a phone of the whole box?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    (I'm cracking up!) This is the funniest post ever...but seriously...

...call HS support and just ask for advice! Be prepared to hear spontaneous laughter and snickering. But it may be worth the call.

Stay away from salads for awhile!
    Friday I was doing laundry and heard something fall into the washer, but thought it was the fabric softener ball. However, when I moved the load to the dryer, my T600 was staring up at me from the bottom of the tub (it had fallen out of my shirt pockeet).

It's really clean.
    Originally posted by Smelley
    Friday I was doing laundry and heard something fall into the washer, but thought it was the fabric softener ball. However, when I moved the load to the dryer, my T600 was staring up at me from the bottom of the tub (it had fallen out of my shirt pockeet).

It's really clean.
    HAHAHA....do you people always do your Treo with one hand and something else with the other? I'm waiting for the traffic accident post where the guy reads email on the Treo while speeding to the meeting he's late for!...NOT! For chrissake, people!
  20.    #20  
    it was my pleasure to post my pain in the *** story , glad i could make the fellow treo users laugh. anyone ever drop their's into the toilet yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast