1.    #1  
    Upgrading is a pain!!!

I'm having no luck trying to transfer my data from one Mac to another. Here's the set up:

My old desktop G3 running System 8.6 is being replaced with a iMac running the Panther version of system 10. I've transferred all the files from my old Mac to the new one (getting User Data over required e-mailing it as the transfer over the network wasn't allowed due to "privileges" errrors).

Yet, when I try to open the new data I'm just met with a blank calendar - no appointments, tasks, nothing.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I want to upgrade to Palm desktop version 4 on the new Mac, but can't if I don't have the data.

When I tried hooking up my Handspring Visor to the USB cable and synching the data that way it didn't synch at all. Don't know if that's a separate problem or the same thing as the above.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Patrick
    Originally posted by pgolden
    Upgrading is a pain!!!

<snip>
    My old desktop G3 running System 8.6 is being replaced with a iMac running the Panther version of system 10. I've transferred all the files from my old Mac to the new one
    <snip>
    Are you aware the user data files are stored in different places under OSX and earlier OSes?

Under OSX, the user data files are stored in your:

/Users/yourname/Documents/Palm/

folder. In that folder will be a folder called "Users", which contains a file called "Palm Users", and as many folders as there are users (in my case, only one folder, called "Billy"). In my "Billy" folder are all the backup files for everything on my Palm (my T600).

This is all mentioned, btw, in the "read me" file that comes with the Palm software. I also seem to remember that there were instructions on upgrading from a "pre 4.x" data set in the "read me" file too.

You did use the installer to install the Palm software on your mac, didn't you?

Bill S