1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I am waiting for a treo600 to arrive to me (in Sweden) any day now.

It is locked to Orange UK and thus I have a few questions about unlocking - hope someone here can answer some of these q's!

1. If i manage to get hold of a valid code that will unlock my treo600, will I be able to unlock it here in Sweden, or do I have to have to physically be in the UK connected to Orange to do this (or have an Orange SIM inserted while doing it)?

2. For those of you lucky treo600 owners - is there a limited number of times I can try and enter a unlock code? Will it turn off forever if I try random codes after the 5th time or so... ( sure hope not! ).

3. For those of you who have successfully unlocked your treo600 - does the unlocking survive a hard reset? Do you have to enter the code again after a hard reset/ROM update?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by touchdown; 12/16/2003 at 10:52 AM.
    Lots of people are promising unlocking service, but no one can do it. I wouldn't expect it too soon either.

As soon as someone is acutally able to offer this service, a simple search on this forum for the phrase 'treo 600 unlock' will tell you where to get it. It will be the thread with alot of posts about successfully unlocking the treo 600.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I am a T-Mo customer. Yesterday, i ordered the AT&T flavor so i could get in on the "previous owners" deal. Today, i phoned T-Mo and told them what i did and asked if they can unlock it once i get it. She assured me they can and even told me what i would need to provide, giving me the impression they knew what they were talking about. So, we shall see! She mentioned that i was not the first person she knew of that had done this.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by tinomen
    Lots of people are promising unlocking service, but no one can do it. I wouldn't expect it too soon either.

Well atleast 2 people have written in this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...unlocking.html that they successfully unlocked their treo00 with the service from www.unlockyourgsm.com before they stopped offering the service.

So it is/was possible anyway. Maybe I should ask those users directly what their experience are instead.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by randyg
    I am a T-Mo customer. Yesterday, i ordered the AT&T flavor so i could get in on the "previous owners" deal. Today, i phoned T-Mo and told them what i did and asked if they can unlock it once i get it. She assured me they can and even told me what i would need to provide, giving me the impression they knew what they were talking about. So, we shall see! She mentioned that i was not the first person she knew of that had done this.
    That is a new angle of it - an operator unlocking the operator lock of another operator! So does this mean that every operator will be able to unlock locks for every other operator? Interesting...
    Orange will unlock it if you pay your monthly fee up front for the term of the contract. For me under Everyday 50 it is about 170 pounds. Then you can use whatever sim you like. Orange talk you through it on the phone. Probably won't need your sim to be on the network.

hope this helps

Rich
    Originally posted by randyg
    i also did the same thing today.I called t-mo and the csr said he could not unlock the at&t phone. If you are succesful in getting yours unlocked, let me know
    It is possible to unlock the treo 600. you need two programs, a pc and winzip or something similer. 2.09 or siam 921 aswell as having the 'firmware'.. i have done my phone but still having some tech problems. it wont stop ringing after i put the phone down... told it has not loaded properly. look in all forums. if you find any of them (2.09 or 'siam 921') please leave not on my thread.. thank you Be safe gmull
    max
    It is possible to unlock the treo 600. you need two programs, a pc and winzip or something similer. 2.09 or siam 921 aswell as having the 'firmware'.. i have done my phone but still having some tech problems. it wont stop ringing after i put the phone down... told it has not loaded properly. look in all forums. if you find any of them (2.09 or 'siam 921') please leave not on my thread.. thank you Be safe gmull
    max
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    My treo has worked fine since following the instructions found here by MOL. I have yet to try it on another carriers service, but ATT is pushing me back to T-Mo with their Customer No-Service. I downloaded the files to my Mac, installed them per the instructions and they worked. I never did do a Hard Reset as i did not want to have to re-install other apps.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    visit www.globalunlock.com/treo. We charge $49.99 and you will get full instructions on how to unlock your TREO 600

We are a reputable unlocker for this phone and have proven feedback

or email info@globalunlock.com
    BE CAREFUL T|C'ers...this could be a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    BE CAREFUL T|C'ers...this could be a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!
    It could be, of course, but after looking at their web site, it doesn't sound like a scam to me.

What it sounds like is someone charging for the patched firmware that was developed by TC members and spread to the world from right here.

On the other hand, one could just read a few threads here and the faq, and download the software for free, and get support here, or on mytreo.net...

Bill S