Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A "troll" is defined as angling by drawing a baited line through the water to get fish to bite. That is the purpose of many of your posts on this subject.

Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    You're an ***** who cannot read and has no problem calling others names...
    I've continued to point out that fact, ONLY to have a jerk like you call ME a troll, well - go **** yourself!
    Well, maybe it's just because I am (as you say) an "*****", "cannot read", and am a "jerk", but what exactly do you mean when you tell me to "go **** yourself"?

Bath?
    Read?
    Talk?
    Skip?

Don't beat around the bush. How do you really feel?

Sticks and stones, you know.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Yours was an idiotic non-on-topic response typical of your type.

Go for it - you get the last word - I'm done.

And for those of you who actually are reading the Cingular/T-Mobile conflict stuff - BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!! There are WAY too many pinheads who will say "Works for me! PalmOne is wrong!" trying to convince you to do it, too. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

No kidding.

Look out for pinheads.

(yours! - guaranteed no reply)
  3. KBS
    Geez! I usually just read with amusement the - shall we say - the hostile interchanges that sometimes take place on this forum. However, I feel the need to jump in here. Seldomvisitor has just called me a pinhead, because I am one of those who was convinced by members of this board to get the Cingular version to run on the T-Mobile network. And guess what!!! It works just fine!!! I am glad I didn't wait, because I would still be waiting for T-Mobile. I am in North Texas - one of the members of the "single data" point that stretches across the country.

There must be an issue in Seldomvisitors life that makes him/her so hostile. Let's feel sorry for him/her/it!?
  4.    #24  
    To those who bought a Treo 600 at a Cingular store: is the phone locked or unlocked? Thanks, and look out for the People That Live Under The Bridge.

I'm dyin' Chup....

heheheh....funny stuff.....ROFLMAO
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra
    To those who bought a Treo 600 at a Cingular store: is the phone locked or unlocked? Thanks, and look out for the People That Live Under The Bridge.

Can't answer your question cause I didn't buy mine directly from the store, Chup, but...I have to give it to you...that was the single most hilarious comeback yet! I love it!

SV...you got issues!
  7.    #27  
    Originally posted by brownievegas

Can't answer your question cause I didn't buy mine directly from the store, Chup, but...I have to give it to you...that was the single most hilarious comeback yet! I love it!

SV...you got issues!
    You gotta wonder why someone would post repeatedly at a site like Treocentral if they don't own a Treo and have no interest in them...

(By the way, this is my first post EVER using my Treo! The loss of innocence...)

I still can't believe how much you can do with this phone! Almost makes up for people asking me "Why is your phone so big?"

Then I blow them away by showing them it does Internet, email, PDA, MP3, etc. I just make sure to not show them how crappy my camera is!
    Last edited by The Chupacabra; 12/18/2003 at 03:34 AM.
    I am a Cingular on-line (Handspring) purchaser and plugged in my T-Mobile SIM card.

"Works fine"

Thank you, once more, TreoCentral board members for providing the information necessary to make that decision. I would still be waiting for T-Mobile, otherwise.
    This is getting confusing. With all the misinformation out there and the variety of options, can we clarify in a couple of posts what the options are for people looking for GSM phones? Is the following right?

- AT&T - from Handspring - with no plan - LOCKED = $499
    I went to the Handspring site and could not determine how to do this. Even when I specified I already had a plan, I was still run through the 'choose a plan' pages.
    Reading this thread while watching Imus is just Bliss. The perfect way to start a day. While waiting for the TMO 600 these postings continue to amaze and amuse and educate. Thanks for all your contributions. Happy Holidays.
    John
  11. NBP
    I'll play Devil's Advocate for a second (not to insinuate that SV is really the Devil, but I'll advocate his position nonetheless).

Is it possible that T-Mobile could introduce a T600 that has added software to take advantage of an enhanced data/voice feature unique to their network? While I realize Cingular and T-Mobile both use GSM/GPRS, it is possible for one GSM/GPRS network to have features another doesn't, right (i.e. AT&T's EDGE)? So, if that is, indeed, going to be the case with T-Mobile (hypothetically), a Cingular T600 would "work fine", as many people have reported; however, it would not be working optimally, since it wouldn't be taking advantage of all that T-Mobile's network had to offer.

Any thoughts?
    You should play Devil's Advocate with the assumed Devil - T-Mobile.

T-Mobile (and palmOne, for that matter) have said the TREO 600 does not meet T-Mobile's specs and there is further evidence that the problem can be fixed via software.

Cool.

Software takes a LONG time to fix, debug, test, and get into production.

So...playing the Devil's Advocate for Scene 1 - what's wrong with this picture?

Nuthin'.

======

Now for a different perspective and Devil - palmOne.

PalmOne says they have evidence that Cingular phones on a nonCingular network might have reduced voice and data capabilities.

We know networks ARE different - they've been telling us since TREO 180 days.

So to play Devil's Advocate for Scene 2 - what's wrong with this picture?

Nuthin'.

Too many people want too many legal entities to be LYING their respective heads off when simple truth works just fine.

If even ONE lie came out of a company and it was found out, even =I= would be shocked at the negative stock price impact!

Ain't gonna happen - too many landsharks around.

They're telling the truth.

Be patient, wait for the right one, THEN buy.

But enough crap about palmOne not knowing what they're talking about when they say "Don't!".
    Man- and I thought that SmartphoneSource.com had flame-wars. What a Riot! I'll just stick with my SPCS T600 and V-Wireless 7135 phones for stateside use and my beater Orange nokia 3100 for when I jump across the pond for business.

Cheers,

D.
    "Think. It's Patriotic."
  14.    #34  
    Originally posted by E Double
    Man- and I thought that SmartphoneSource.com had flame-wars. What a Riot!

Cheers,

D.

It's time for a group hug. Frequent Visitor will now lead us in singing Kumbayah.

Will we soon hear more commentary about Palm's recent SEC filing? Please.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/co/secdo...81240&doc=3%20

Know what? It freakin' works! I've been watching this forum for some time now and I had some initial issues of my own with my Cingularized T600 w/ TMo service crashing but I overcame 'em. All it took was a bazillion calls to TMo and HS and getting through to a HS Level 2 techie. I perfomed a hard reset (K and Backspace w/ Reset button simultaneously) and set my APN to internet2.voicestream.com and my Tzones fallback IPA to 216.165.155.50 and BAM! I'll be damned if I haven't been riding the GPRS express ever since, baby! The Cingular phone is UNLOCKED unlike AT&T's and my EXTENSIVE research shows that The Chupacabra's numbers are right. And SeldomVisitor? This configuration is working for people all over these freakin' United States! We don't need no stinking "single datapoint" stuff...we need working T600's! I got mine!!
    brownievegas,

how do you go into your settings to change the APN and IPA? I am also using the Cingular Treo600 and want to know how to adjust my settings for T-Mo's service.

Thanks.

It's time for a group hug. Frequent Visitor will now lead us in singing Kumbayah.

LOL!!!
    Originally posted by dimensiondvdrob

brownievegas,

how do you go into your settings to change the APN and IPA? I am also using the Cingular Treo600 and want to know how to adjust my settings for T-Mo's service.

Thanks.
    On the Home page go to Prefs. Select Network from the drop down menu. Select Service (the T-Mobile internet, VPN and T-Zones services are locked...you can't edit them. You can create a new service and call it whatever and edit that) One of the parameters will be the APN setting. Currently, T-Mo uses "internet2.voicestream.com" for the APN hostname. Change APN to that for GPRS connectivity. (The APN for TZones features only is "wap.voicestream.com") Press the Advanced button and press Fallback TZones drop menu. There you'll be able to uncheck and enter IPA 216.165.155.50. Leave DNS query checked. You can try to connect then and see if you're successful. One thing of note is that the T-Mobile Internet Service should already have these settings coded in but I had to manually create a service to get mine to work. One more thing...if you're upgrading from an older Palm device, check for app compatibilty BEFORE you move an older app onto your T600. Crashes await if you don't!

Chup,

http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9385290.html

http://www.sanmateocountytimes.com/S...840757,00.html

A little "net loss" there. Scary as it seems now, I think Palm has the resources to 'right the ship'. After all, this is directly following an aqcuisition...and we know how that goes!
  19.    #39  

Chup,

http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9385290.html

http://www.sanmateocountytimes.com/S...840757,00.html

A little "net loss" there. Scary as it seems now, I think Palm has the resources to 'right the ship'. After all, this is directly following an aqcuisition...and we know how that goes!
    They're probably just trying to tread water until they're bought out by Sony.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12