1.    #1  
    I just ordered the Mapopolis GPS Serial Navigator for my Treo 600. The vendor did not have an answer to what kind of mount I needed. Any suggestions?
    proclip-I have one and love it.
    www.proclipusa.com
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hello,

Just for your information there is a lot of issues with Mapopolis and the treo 600. So many times you have to do a reset and Mapopolis can't work more than one hour without a reset.

Regards
    Originally posted by jp.azevedo
    Hello,

Just for your information there is a lot of issues with Mapopolis and the treo 600. So many times you have to do a reset and Mapopolis can't work more than one hour without a reset.

Regards
    jp.azevedo, do you know if these issues are happening with the new GPS designed for the Treo 600?

http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/produ..._id=18-011-007

Thanks,

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi,

The issues seems to be more with the Handspring palm OS 5 than with the serial GPS itself. For example Mapopolis can't run more than hour because of the OS from Handspring. On a palm you can change the pref and set "keep on on the cradle" and it is not possible with the Treo. And if you use a third party like auto-off to do this you will have always the issue after one hour ....

Regards
    Thanks!

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by jp.azevedo
    Hello,

Regards
    Is the new Mapopolis for the Treo 600 out anywhere? Everywhere I check, it's backordered and not yet available for shipment. How do you know it doesn't work well. Is this the older version?
    We have the Mapopolis Treo 600 GPS as well as some Arkon mounts. I sent the above questions to the manufacturer and here's their reply:

"The majority of these issues relate to using other GPS units with the Treo 600. Many of these problems are solved by using a PS cable ..."

The "PS" cable is the Positioning Solutions cable that's bundled with the Treo 600 version GPS. They said the older GPS for the Handspring Treo 300 & below, as well as other manufacturers' hardware usesd with Mapopolis software can cause the problems mentioned before.

jp.azevedo: Is your comment concerning the already existing Mapopolis GPS Treo system or the brand new one just released?

Larry
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I use the GM210 serial GPS from Holux. I bought this directly from Holux with the PS cable. If I am not wrong on the bundle from Mapopolis you have an Holux (mouse or GM210, it is the same). On the holux web site they don't talk about a new cable for treo. So I don't beleive that problems are coming from my serial GPS. Again, I think that problems are linked with the HS Palm OS.

Regards
    I purchased an iTec GPS mouse and running it with Mapopolis. I was having problem with crushes. Emailed mapopolis tech support with error codes yesterday. The respond within an hour. One tech suggested me to free up more memory. Another sent me a beta version (v. 1.26) of the Navigator to try. I try both suggestions and I've been using it last night. So far so good.
    Can't keep the unit on for more than an hour is not an issue for me. I was able to power up the treo and continue. I find that if you use the phone then you'd have to reset up the rout again

PY
    I was wondering if anyone who had bought the Mapoplis GPS kit has any new developments to report from a functional standpoint.

Have any of the issues discussed above been resolved by any one?

Excuse the pun, but I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has "test-driven" the Mapopolis GPS kit for the Treo 600.

How has it performed? I've read about issues with the product, and would appreciate any "real-world" input from a current user.

BTW, seasons greetings to one and all.
    Last edited by aolumide; 12/24/2003 at 11:16 AM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Guys (and Ladies),

Please see thread below:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t45478/s.html

Rgds,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --