Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    i really cant see why you would want to do this it does not eve stick out that much and not once has mne popped out
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Panasonic 256mb card - sanded and painted the top with a Sharpie. Looks great!
  3. Jea
    Just filed down my Sandisk 512!!! Worked GREAT!!!
    I also filed down a sandisk 512. then I used superglue to fill in the crack. then I used a black sharpe marker to make it look nice and professional. it looks great and hasn't popped out once in the 5 months since I did it.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinestis
    a) do a search of the forums to see a *long* thread where multiple people have done this with no ill effect

b) I just accomplished this with a SANdisk 256MB card and it worked fine. A sharp xacto knife does the trick to slice off enough of the end just so you can see inside the casing. Once there you'll notice that the actual PCB is about an 1/8 of an inch down. You can slice off the case up until the just short of the PCB. I used a little non-conductive epoxy (the same type of "goop" used to fix tennis shoes) to fill in the hollow space. Then picked up a black paint pen from Michael's to make the color closer to the phone. Took me more time to get the paint pen than to perform the fix itself.

c) if you can't contibute anything useful to the forum go bother someone else on a different site; discussion boards are supposed to create communities of mutual interest for mutual enjoyment.
    I did exactly the same thing...
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Swiss army knife with filing tool on a Kingmax 1GB.

Never had a problem before, but looks a lot better on T600 GSM.
    Last edited by Taz21; 10/22/2004 at 01:25 AM.
    Ha. This was a funny thread.

I myself have experienced premature pop-out many times, but I haven't resorted to filing anything down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz21
    Swiss army knife with filing tool on a Kingmax 1GB.

Never had a problem before, but looks a lot better on T600 GSM.
    oooohh....an intensive surgical procedure on a 1 GIG card
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    i really cant see why you would want to do this it does not eve stick out that much and not once has mne popped out
    After my card popped out 3 times today, I finally decided enough was enough!

Took less than 15 seconds with a dremel and a sanding disk, literally. Was that easy! Sliced an arc about 1/16" deep on the sides and 1/32" in the middle. Problem solved

I didn't run into any hollow space or PCBs on this card (Kingmax 256mb).
    Okay, I hate you all now.. after reading this, I sanded down my SanDisk 256 using my Leatherman Micro tool (has a nailfile) and a sharpie. Looks good, and fits even better in the Treo.
    My leather case has a strap that stops it from coming out all the way
    I attached a couple of 1/4 inch wide pieces of tape ( black electrical variety)
    to top of my MMC card. It worked great so far, no pop-ups. I do have a feeling that this might eventually break the spring mechanism that ejects the card.

Eventually, I will go the sanding route as well.
    I have filed down or cut the end of every SD card I have used (16, 256, and 1 gig), all with no negative results. One thing I HAVE noticed is that something must have broken inside the slot, as everytime I eject a card (very rarely, as I keep the 1gig in there all the time now), the Treo can NOT re-detect it! I have to soft reset the device and then it picks up the card fine...weird.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234