Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by CC2TIMES

That's the iRock fm Transmitter that I use turning my stereo into a complete handsfree speaker phone. (for $30) That thing absolutley rocks!!!

Coops
    where did u get this iRock Transmitter.
    Originally posted by hall316
    With the transmitter plugged in is there enough room for the charger to be plugged in at the same time?
    Absolutely....there is plenty of room. Also, if I need to charge the iRock I have a different set up. I can post pictures if you'd like.

Coops
    Coops
    Originally posted by hockey Dad

where did u get this iRock Transmitter.
    I got it at Radio Shack. IMHO it's the best hands free solution out there. The callers are clear and they can hear you perfectly.
    Coops
    Has anyone tried simply using the treo's speakerphone function? How well does this work with the Proclip?
    Thanks.
    So how exactly does the iRock work as a handsfree? (I've got one for my MP3 player.) The Treo microphone doesn't get overridden when you plug something into the headset jack? Isn't there a lot of ambient noise with the microphone so far away from your mouth?
    Originally posted by pbryon
    So how exactly does the iRock work as a handsfree? (I've got one for my MP3 player.) The Treo microphone doesn't get overridden when you plug something into the headset jack? Isn't there a lot of ambient noise with the microphone so far away from your mouth?
    Check out the following thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ansmitter.html

It has detailed instructions on how to set it up. I got my ProClip and followed the instructions as stated by "Woof" on the above thread. Works perfect. The only thing I did different is that I purchased a Lighter Socket 2-Outlet Adapter $6.99 at Radio Shack. You can use it with the phone and the Irock plugged in at the same time, however, there is a bit of interference. For clear sound I just pull out the phone charger during a call. That way I don't have to worry about batteries. I also purchased the stereo adapter and the Irock 400 at Radio Shack. Easy to install. Works like a charm.

The microphone works fine.

As far as the ambient noise, I guess it will depend on your car. I don't have anything fancy...a 96 Geo Prizm. And the noise is not a problem at all.

cash70
    Last edited by cash70; 12/25/2003 at 03:48 PM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    cash70,

Do you recall what the item # for your Lighter Socket 2-Outlet Adapter is? Please post the info if you do.

Thanks.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Yep. Cigarette Outlet "Y" Adapter, item #2701525.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Sweet! I'm going to try this out tomorrow. By the way, how do you mount your iRock in your car, or does it not require mounting?
    Last edited by aolumide; 12/25/2003 at 04:26 PM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Bump -- anyone know if ProClipUSA is out of business or something? Their website is down...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12