1.    #1  
    I registered my Treo and received the free version of PocketTunes. Now I'm trying to download a demo MP3 from a website, and Blazer is telling me I have to have "an application which can read this file type", etc.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't PTunes do this?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Yeah, p-tunes doesn't appear to register itself with the treo as being able to handle mp3's by default. I had to install a program called media manager in order to "teach" what to do with downloaded mp3 (specifically, save the file to the SD card). P-tunes can handle it from there! Works great (I can't provide a link right now).
  3.    #3  
    this one?

http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...3-palm-pc.html

It is $10...seems a bit much to have functionality that should be built into the unit...or PTunes for that matter?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Indicator
    this one?

http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...3-palm-pc.html

It is $10...seems a bit much to have functionality that should be built into the unit...or PTunes for that matter?
    Yeah, that's the one... it's a nice program, but you"re right-- it should be trivial for ptunes to register itself to be able to handle mp3s. They already do that for *.pls files (shoutcast streams). Nice thing about media manager is it's flexibility... you could theoretically set up your treo to be able to download any type of file. Whether that's worth $10 is up to you. I should tell you that downloading mp3s is one of the (few) times when one would most appreciate having a sprint treo. I downloaded a 4 MB mp3 in 5 minutes with mine (this would have taken 20 minutes with a GPRS treo).
  5.    #5  
    sbono -

I downloaded the trial of Media Manager, added MP3 and PLS, but Media Manager will not allow me to assign PTunes as the default app...

Any advice?