Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

    I haven't found this anywhere in the forum or palm's website.

    Does the AC charger function in 220v plugs (Europe?) Since I travel a lot, I'd like to know if it needs a converter or not.

    Thanks

    Alex
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by AlexMagoo
    Hi,

    I haven't found this anywhere in the forum or palm's website.

    Does the AC charger function in 220v plugs (Europe?) Since I travel a lot, I'd like to know if it needs a converter or not.

    Thanks

    Alex
    I think it should. Mine (bought in the US) says:

    Input: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz

    Now if you're talking about the shape of the prongs... well, I'm sure you'll need an adapter. But as far as the voltage and cycle, it is fine assuming they provide the same adapter as mine.
  3. #3  
    Yep, it works...but: of course you do need an adaptor for the wall-outlets...
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by Kepeke1967
    Yep, it works...but: of course you do need an adaptor for the wall-outlets...
    I was a bit disappointed when I noticed that it didn't come with any adaptors - my Tungsten W came with clip-on adaptors for most areas of the world.
  5. #5  
    Most hotels let you borrow one for free.
    My 2-cents, Matt
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by grenness

    I was a bit disappointed when I noticed that it didn't come with any adaptors - my Tungsten W came with clip-on adaptors for most areas of the world.
    My Orange France Treo came with a US adapter with clip-on adaptors for UK and Europe. I think this is the standard deal for all non-US packages.

    If you need a travel adapter, have a look at this one . I've been using it across the world and it has always worked.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by Mol
    My Orange France Treo came with a US adapter with clip-on adaptors for UK and Europe. I think this is the standard deal for all non-US packages.
    I bought mine from Mobilefly in Singapore, so it can't be true for all non-US units.
    Anyway, I found a package of different adaptors at a local electronics store here in Norway; cost me $10 so it wasn't too bad.

    /Christopher
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys,

    I have little adapters so that's no problem. Glad I don't have to lug around a hefty adapter!

    Alex

Posting Permissions