Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by colinq
    I use Mlights but find that Profiles is overriding the MLights setting to dim the display during selected hours. I would love the ability to 'disable' the Display prefs setting within Profile so that Mlights can do it's stuff while allowing Profiles to do it's stuff

I agree completely!! Could you pretty pretty please add this feature?!!

Thanks!
    Milan,

I used the Mute "On" feature for my "Sleep" profile and my phone still went off last night when I got an email -- I use Goodlink. But I can't duplicate the sound now -- so maybe its an occasional problem, if that makes any sense.
    Holding down shift, alt or menu no longer brought up the shortcut for changing profile in version .08 so I went back to .07.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Rob600
    [B]
    snip...Profile manager sets the colors to the default for the theme...which is a very light brown color...snip

This seems to happen to me too, but have not heard any more on this. Any comments?
  5.    #145  
    Originally posted by lb505
    Holding down shift, alt or menu no longer brought up the shortcut for changing profile in version .08 so I went back to .07.
    Please check if you have proper options set in 0.08 preference form. Go to 'Prefs' application, pick 'Profiles' from the list, then press 'Menu' button and select 'Preferences' from the menu.
    Originally posted by milan

Please check if you have proper options set in 0.08 preference form. Go to 'Prefs' application, pick 'Profiles' from the list, then press 'Menu' button and select 'Preferences' from the menu.
    That worked. Thank you!
    Profiles is a great application. Keep up the great work!

I noticed that with 0.8 installed that my security application GridLock (found at www.pdabusiness.com) becomes disabled. So I am going back two versions of Profiles to one that I know coexists properly. But I really like the features you are adding and wish this weren't the case.

Best regards.
    I am delighted to see the progress Profiles is making. The development along practical ueses of various Profiles is quite encouraging.

I'd be willing to pay some REAL money if Profiles did this:

Allowed one to switch between various Profiles automagically based on either:

- Times (like "Hush!" which allows you to put in times to turn off sounds
    - Matching character strings in the Calendar (i.e., match appointments with "Church" , "Meeting", "Conference Call", etc.)

This would move Profiles from invaluable to indespensible.

Keep up the good work!
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    One more problem - when choosing a ring tone for calendar in Profiles, my phone resets every single time. I use Datebk5 (on Sprint) if that makes any difference. All other tones and volumes work fine.
  10.    #150  
    0.09 posted.

release info:

- every profile component (Display, Sound...) might be enabled/disabled within the profile to preserve the current settings for this component.

... This can be done by checking/unchecking the checkbox next to the component popup list in the profile editor window (top right corner)

For those of you who are upgrading from 0.08: due to a small bug in 0.08, the 'Sound' component is disabled for all already created profiles. You have to go through all of them an check the new checkbox manually to enable this component.

The appliaction should now work with programs managing Treo's color themes.
    Last edited by milan; 01/16/2004 at 06:46 PM.
  11.    #151  
    Version 0.10 posted. No new features, only major bug fixed.
    Last edited by milan; 01/16/2004 at 06:46 PM.
  12.    #152  
    Originally posted by lb505
    One more problem - when choosing a ring tone for calendar in Profiles, my phone resets every single time. I use Datebk5 (on Sprint) if that makes any difference. All other tones and volumes work fine.
    It's fixed in 0.10 :-)
  13.    #153  
    Originally posted by rosenft
    Profiles is a great application. Keep up the great work!

I noticed that with 0.8 installed that my security application GridLock (found at www.pdabusiness.com) becomes disabled. So I am going back two versions of Profiles to one that I know coexists properly. But I really like the features you are adding and wish this weren't the case.

Best regards.
    I tried Gridlock (basic, not professional) with 0.10 and it works perfectly. Can you give it a try?

It's fixed in 0.10 :-)
    You are very cool. Thanks
    Version 0.10 posted. No new features, only major bug fixed.
    Thanks for your work with all the added features. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but even with the "mute" on, the sound for TreoAlertMgr (PDAapps) still plays through.

Milan, is there any chance of being able to mute the TreoAlertMgr (PDAapps) sounds via the profile manager?
    I will ABSOLUTELY register this program. GREAT WORK!
    I am most appreciative of your effort in developing this utility. I am curious as to the tools you used to write and compile the code. Would you mind sharing some thoughts on the tools and process you went thru.

Again, thanks for the effort and let me know how I might contribute to the cause.

Bill...
    I just installed Profile 0.10 and lost the ability to launch Profile by holding the menu key, which then allows me to select a different Profile. Now it seems the only way to launch Profile is to go into Preferences then Profille which is OK but it was much easier before. Am I missing some shortcut and did I setup Profile properly?
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    I just installed Profile 0.10 and lost the ability to launch Profile by holding the menu key, which then allows me to select a different Profile. Now it seems the only way to launch Profile is to go into Preferences then Profille which is OK but it was much easier before. Am I missing some shortcut and did I setup Profile properly?
    You can choose to have either/both the "option" key and "menu" key launch profiles. To make sure this is enabled, just go into preferences -> profile -> then hit the menu key again to bring up the acutual preferences for the profile application. You should see your choices there.
    For some reason I cannot download Profiles directly to my T600 from this thread. I get an error message. Does anyone else have this issue? I can download from everywhere else (I'm running HandZip).

Would it be possible to also post a zipped version?
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast