Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by rudychow

Which sound type (alarm, phone, mail, etc.) controls SnapperMail alerts?

Also, any of you know which ones control TreoAlertMgr?
    Version 0.07, does seem to enable you to mute the snappermail alerts. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to enable you to stop the "treo alert manager'' sounds.

Milan, is there any chance of being able to mute the treo alert manager sounds, in a future release?
    I tried the shift key but it doesn't work for me. Weird.
  3.    #123  
    Originally posted by paulsjmail

Version 0.07, does seem to enable you to mute the snappermail alerts. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to enable you to stop the "treo alert manager'' sounds.

Milan, is there any chance of being able to mute the treo alert manager sounds, in a future release?
    Yes, using version 0.08 you will be able to mute Treo completely.
    Originally posted by milan

Yes, using version 0.08 you will be able to mute Treo completely.
    That is great news. It's going to make an already functional program even more useful!

Milan, I know that others have mentioned this, but if you set up a paypal account, I would definitely contribute to it.
    Nice app Milan, thanks!

Is it possible to add the feature to keep the keyboard backlight lit to be in sync with the screen backlight in night mode? The keyboard lights go out too quick and is a pain in the a*s the way it is in OS5.
    I can't seem to mute Snapper mail autofetch alarms with profiles. Which profile controls snapper? Someone who has succeeded please help. Can't wait to be able to mute Treo Alert manager too!
    Originally posted by milan
    I just uploaded a new version (0.02) of the Profiles application.

Milan
    Where can I find this upload of version0.02? I see the attachment in the first message, which I assume is 0.01, but don't see any links for 0.02.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Where can I find this upload of version0.02? I see the attachment in the first message, which I assume is 0.01, but don't see any links for 0.02.

Thanks,
    If you download the attachment from the 1st post in this thread, that will give you the most up to date version.

Everytime there is an update, Milan just replaces the current attachment with the updated one. This keeps things organized and prevents us from having to search for the newest update.

By the way, as of this post, the current version is 0.07
    Thanks. I just downloaded it, and it's great!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by tuen
    I can't seem to mute Snapper mail autofetch alarms with profiles. Which profile controls snapper? Someone who has succeeded please help. Can't wait to be able to mute Treo Alert manager too!
    Anyone?
    the option, shift and menu keys all can be used for the popup. milan, is this by design?
    This is really a great piece of apps, unfortunately it overrides my color settings defined with Colorize.

Milan, any chance to rectify this?
    Originally posted by ryker
    This is really a great piece of apps, unfortunately it overrides my color settings defined with Colorize.

Milan, any chance to rectify this?
    I'm encountering exactly the same issue. I simply LOVE the profile tool, but I use colorize to set my background to white (Using Autumn theme) so I have extra contrast and the AQUA dialpad look proper. Profile manager sets the colors to the default for the theme...which is a very light brown color.

I realize that working through Colorize might be difficult, but how about just not touching them (resetting them) at all...if that is possible.

-Rob
    I'm finally back from vacation and downloaded the new version. I still enjoy this program very much but I don't like the change from a stand-alone program to being inserted in Prefs. I'd at least prefer a choice. Until there is a way to change profiles quickly -- e.g., volume button (I know this is in the works) -- I prefer easy access to the program, and putting it in Prefs is at least one extra step.

Just my 2 cents.
    masonuc, by holding the menu button you can bring up Profiles. Can't get easier than that. You only have to go into pref to change Profile settings.
    Been following this thread for a little while, and finally decided to try profiles. This program is great! Milan, thank you for an awesome job!
    Would be good if

1. You could specify the option "Enable Active Profile Notifier" on a profile by profile basis....

I dont need to be told when Im in "Normal" mode every time I switch on....just when Im in silent mode oetc.

2. Would be good to have a default profile for each of the two positions of the top switch....so switching to my quiet profile (single quiet beep with vibe on etc) would be possible without starting up the treo, disabling keylock, starting profile (Menu or option button) choosing quiet,using arrow keys then turning the treo off (at least 6 key presses by my count)
    .no sig.
    bump

Cant remember whether this was asked or not.....

Can some sort of autoanswer (answer the phone after 5 seconds of ringing) and auto speakerphone (turn on speakerphone for all calls) be done..

I realise this might be tricky but it would certainly be great for a "CAR" type of profile setting
    .no sig.
  19.    #139  
    Profiles 0.08 uploaded. It's been a long time since a new version appeared here. Accept my apologies gentlemans you had to wait so long :-)

Jan 10, 2004: 0.08

!EXPERIMENTAL!

- 'Mute' option added to 'General' profile panel. You should be able to mute Treo completely now :-)
    - A new panel called 'Phone' has been added. You can configure a different call forwarding option for each profile now. There are three new options there. First one, 'Manage call forwarding', if enabled, will try to change your phones 'Forward all calls' option to the one specified in the profile. This operation is VERY slow (your phone has to negotiate with your network provider to set this up), thats why this switch is provided there for those of us who are not interested in this.. :-) Then there is a checkbox called 'Forward all calls'. If you set this option to 'Don't forward calls', your calls won't be redirected anywhere, if you set it to 'Forward calls to the number...', then you have to specify a number below, where all calls will be redirected to. I can't guarantee it's working right now, there some differencies between GSM and CDMA (I have GSM only), so consider this option as a experimental one, but give it a try :-)
    There is another important fact, after you switch between profiles with different call forwarding setup, the phone still shows in 'Options/Call Preferences' the old call forwarding setup. You have to tap 'Get Status' to see an actual settings...

- A new panel called 'Profile' has been added. Right now, the only thing you can do there, is to disable the profile notifier for the current profile. I don't know why but some of you required this :-) Other options (timed profile etc) should appear there soon.

- The Profiles application will try to upgrade its profile database to the latest version. If there is any problem with the app after hotsync or so, please delete the previous version (including your profiles of course) and install the latest one after the deletion.
    Last edited by milan; 01/16/2004 at 06:45 PM.
    how about allowing for whether a particular pref is active or not

I use Mlights but find that Profiles is overriding the MLights setting to dim the display during selected hours

would love the ability to 'disable' the Display prefs setting within Profile so that Mlights can do it's stuff while allowing Profiles to do it's stuff
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast