Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    I have been trying the latest version of LauncherX and notice that the Profile Notifier pops up every time I switch to a new tab page
    Same problem here with LauncherX. I disable the notifier to get rid of the message. I am still using version 0.5
  3.    #103  
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    can a new version be installed on the old version? if something needs to be deleted, what needs to be deleted? the .prc? the .pdb?
    You have to delete/unistall Profiles before the new one is ging to be installed only if you have Profiles 0.03 or older. Later versions can be installed over the old one.
    coolio
  5.    #105  
    0.07 available.

List of changes:

- Alarm sound added to 'General' prefernce panel
    - several bug fixes

Profiles should be working now with Snapper mail (with auto delivery option enabled). I wasn't able to reproduce the problem with launcherX, please check if the problem persists.
    Last edited by milan; 01/16/2004 at 06:45 PM.
    0.07 seems to be working OK on my GSM Treo 600

the LauncherX problem is not there anymore
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    milan,

have you given any thought to adding call forwarding ability?
    Last edited by Fittske; 01/01/2004 at 07:30 PM.
    So far I have 4 simple profiles set up: Bright & Loud, Bright & Silent (for meetings), Dark & Loud (for night time), and Dark & Quiet (for bed time, movies, etc.).

We went to see Cold Mountain tonight (she liked it better than I did, but it's bound to win tons of Oscars), and I was so proud of myself for doing a press & hold of the Opt button, and selecting "Dark & Silent". Sure enough, 5 minutes later the oldest daughter calls to whine about how her little brother won't do what she tells him to. Thankfully, it didn't disturb any of the other moviegoers, since I was alerted via a silent vibrate in my pocket, and the screen wasn't set to solar flare.

Plus, I was able to demonstrate to my daughter what "Dark & Silent" sounds like when I hung up on her.

Just kidding.
    Originally posted by milan
    Profiles should be working now with Snapper mail (with auto delivery option enabled).
    Which sound type (alarm, phone, mail, etc.) controls SnapperMail alerts?

Also, any of you know which ones control TreoAlertMgr?
    Here's a feature to think about... I use mLights to automatically dim the screen each evening and have it bright during the day. I love it. But, when using profiles, say in the evening, I select "normal" then the screen brightens overriding mLights. The only way I see to get around this is by creating 4 profiles as thegasguru did above.

But I don't want to lose the functionality of mLights. Could there be some way to have profiles set all other options but ignore screen brightness? Maybe tell profiles which settings to change and which to ignore? Just a thought.

Great program!
    Don
    Originally posted by Don C
    But, when using profiles, say in the evening, I select "normal" then the screen brightens overriding mLights.
    GlowHack does what you want.

This is one of the reasons I've gone back to GlowHack and TealMaster. The daytime/nightime screen dimming configuration by Glowhack does not get overridden my profiles, which is nice, since I find that with few exceptions, I prefer the screened dimmed while I'm not at work (ie, in the evening). The other reason I prefer GlowHack is that it keeps the keyboard lit up at all times while the screen is dimmed, instead of going dark after 10 seonds (which is the Treo default, and mLight follows this default).

The downside to GlowHack is that you get the occasional keyboard light flicker while the screen is off. Mildly annoying, but worth it to get the functionality i mention above.
    I forgot to uninstall the earlier version before upgrading to the latest software. Now I don't have Profiles showing up on my launcher screen. I tried deleting Profiles (28k) via the menu and even using filez. Yet when I try to install the latest version again nothing shows up in the launcher..

Hyelppp
    Gabriel
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    I forgot to uninstall the earlier version before upgrading to the latest software. Now I don't have Profiles showing up on my launcher screen. I tried deleting Profiles (28k) via the menu and even using filez. Yet when I try to install the latest version again nothing shows up in the launcher..

Hyelppp
    Gabriel
    Look in your "system preferences." It will show up as "profiles."
    How do you get LauncherX to display "Profiles" as an app? I have to launch it by going to system prefs...I would really like to have it launch from one of the 5way buttons...any help?

Great app by the way...

Thanks,
    Bill
    Originally posted by Bill Mixon
    How do you get LauncherX to display "Profiles" as an app? I have to launch it by going to system prefs...I would really like to have it launch from one of the 5way buttons...any help?

Great app by the way...

Thanks,
    Bill
    Mine opens up when I hold down the menu key.
    Thanks Laurie..l missed that somehow..I appreciate the heads up....

Bill...
    Milan, I definitely love your software.

May I suggest some features addition :
    - Being able to have a profile automaticaly selected when an headset is connected.
    -My second's one, of course, is call barring (being able to stop all the people from my contact list "business section" to call after 8pm !).

Anyway, great work.

Denis
    Originally posted by lb505

Mine opens up when I hold down the menu key.
    That one is new to me. I've been using the option key. Assigning 2 buttons to do exactly the same thing seems a little overkill to me.

BTW, I might as well throw in another suggestion: add network settings to the profiles. I like using the Softick PPP app in the office for synching my Exchange inbox (using POP) with SnapperMail and currently I need to switch the network preference manually.
    I figured out the menu key thing just by chance. I wish I could say that I read every word of this thread religiously or had some deep knowledge of the program but in reality, I was pressing menu for some other program and guess what popped up on my screen. Glad it happened because it makes things much easier.
    Yeah, holding down the Shift key also opens up the Profile window. I wonder if this is a slight bug, or by design? (hey, it's only beta, no big deal).