Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Hi,

Got a GSM Treo 600 on Orange France.

Keyguard is activated:

"Auto-Keyguard When power is turned off"

When I force Keyguard, I see the message before the phone turn off. When I turn it on again there is no message anymore.

Phone info:

FW 2.08, SW Treo600-1.09-INT, HW A

I did the FW/SW upgrade but even with the old SW, the message problem occured (See my message of 19.12). It started with the 0.3 version of your (very good) program)

Bye,

Ton
    I have also noticed a problem with starting hotsync using the hotsync button with Profiles 0.5

but I did not delete Profiles so can't confirm that it is due to Profiles

I did install ver 2.2 of the Keyboard.prc for the Palm Wireless Keyboard

I am using a GSM Treo 600 and the affected machine is running Win XP Professional - don't seem to get the problem with my home machine running Win XP Home

when I restart Hotsync Manager, I can trigger one hotsync but not a second one unless I restart Hotsync Manager

no clear trend to pin the problem on Profiles I have to admit
  3.    #83  
    Originally posted by colinq
    I have also noticed a problem with starting hotsync using the hotsync button with Profiles 0.5

but I did not delete Profiles so can't confirm that it is due to Profiles

I did install ver 2.2 of the Keyboard.prc for the Palm Wireless Keyboard

I am using a GSM Treo 600 and the affected machine is running Win XP Professional - don't seem to get the problem with my home machine running Win XP Home

when I restart Hotsync Manager, I can trigger one hotsync but not a second one unless I restart Hotsync Manager

no clear trend to pin the problem on Profiles I have to admit
    Yes, Profiles is causing problems with Hotsync manager. To make it work you have to press down a key (not the select button) to dismiss the profile notifier. Then hotsync should proceed normally...

I'm working on it.

Milan
    I love the notfier, but it crashes my T600. Had to disable it.
  5.    #85  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    I love the notfier, but it crashes my T600. Had to disable it.
    Can you be more specific under which conditions the notifier crashes your Treo? My Treo is working last couple of days without any problem with the notifier enabled.
  6.    #86  
    Version 0.06 uploaded. No new features, only bug fixes (mainly Hotsync related)

Milan
    Last edited by milan; 01/16/2004 at 06:44 PM.
    Milan,

I very much like the (new?) feature that the current profile is briefly displayed when the Treo comes out of sleep. It also seems that the "General -> Beam Receive -> Off" bug is now fixed. It stays off.

I've created a profile called "Quite" that turns off all available sound and vibrations, but it doesn't seem to work for either DateBook5 (calendar) or Bob's Alarm.

Otherwise, I'm very impressed.

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  8.    #88  
    Originally posted by BillPetro
    Milan,

I very much like the (new?) feature that the current profile is briefly displayed when the Treo comes out of sleep. It also seems that the "General -> Beam Receive -> Off" bug is now fixed. It stays off.

I've created a profile called "Quite" that turns off all available sound and vibrations, but it doesn't seem to work for either DateBook5 (calendar) or Bob's Alarm.

Otherwise, I'm very impressed.

Thanks,
    Wait for 0.07 version :-) There is a new profile settings called 'Alarm sound', hidden on the Treo. If you set it to 'Off', at least DateBK5 doesn't make a sound anymore :-)

Milan
    Originally posted by milan

Wait for 0.07 version :-) There is a new profile settings called 'Alarm sound', hidden on the Treo. If you set it to 'Off', at least DateBK5 doesn't make a sound anymore :-)

Milan
    0.07 License to kill... sounds?
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Just waned to add my thanks - great app!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Milan,

have you given any thought to adding the ability to add call forwarding?

You are doing a wonderful job!

Fittske
    Originally posted by milan

Yes there is a way how to silent Treo completely. The problem is that you can put Treo's sound manager out off sync with the "sound off" switch then. It means the position of the switch will not necessarilly reflect the actuall system settings. I can't say at the moment if it's good or bad...
    You do make a good point and it is one worthy of consideration. If you provide an option to silence the Treo completely, it could result in the sound manager being out of sync with the "sound off" switch.

On the otherhand, if you provided this option to the individual user, then the ones that really want this would be able to take advantage of it. Also, if we had the option to silence all sounds (mimicing the top "sounds off" button) then it would ensure that whether the user had Dtbk5 or Agendus, Snappermail or Versamail, we would know that these programs would be silenced if we chose to do so in the profiles.

Of course, these decisions are all yours, I'm just making a suggestion. This program is already very useful.
    Additionally, while the "sound" switch on the top of the device will universally silence all sound, it does not turn off "vibrate" if it is set.

I still like the idea of an "all quite, all still" option through "Profiles" that would deaden the device. The new "status" popup that Profiles shows coming out of "screen off" tells me the setting.

Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I beleive may have found a bug in the latest .06 version. After installing today, I found that when Snappermail automatcally fetches mail that my Treo would encounter a fatal exception and reset itself. I went through the process of trying removing the most recent applications trying to isolate the problem. After removing 2-3 applications (not profile.prc) the problem still persisted. I was finally able to stop the error after disabling the Profile Notifier feature. This seems to be the issue as Snappermail wakes the Treo and involks the Profile Notifier while retrieving mail which results in the Fatal Exception in Snapper.

This is just my preleiminary findings. I hope this info proves helpful.

BTW, this is a great app!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Originally posted by JHETZEL
    I beleive may have found a bug in the latest .06 version. After installing today, I found that when Snappermail automatcally fetches mail that my Treo would encounter a fatal exception and reset itself. I went through the process of trying removing the most recent applications trying to isolate the problem. After removing 2-3 applications (not profile.prc) the problem still persisted. I was finally able to stop the error after disabling the Profile Notifier feature. This seems to be the issue as Snappermail wakes the Treo and involks the Profile Notifier while retrieving mail which results in the Fatal Exception in Snapper.

This is just my preleiminary findings. I hope this info proves helpful.

BTW, this is a great app!
    This was the main reason I had to disable the notifier as well. The same problem occured with a DB5 alarm.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    how do you disable the "profile notifier"?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Fittske
    how do you disable the "profile notifier"?
    From the Profle page in preferences access the menu and then Preferences. You can disable notifier from there.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Cool, Thanks!
    Guys
    It's really useful! Thanks for all your sharing.

I have one question. Using Profile causing my MegaClock Alarm crash. The display went up with profile notifier but there was no sound at all (I set sound alert on) then suddenly my 600 reset itseft. Anyone having the same experience!

Thanks!
    can a new version be installed on the old version? if something needs to be deleted, what needs to be deleted? the .prc? the .pdb?
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast