Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by rosenft

I've noticed what I think is a bug that has persisted through the last several releases. I like Beam receive to remain off so that I save battery power. I make this edit to all of my profiles and click Ok. The profiles work properly and keep beam receive off. However, when I go back to edit the profiles later, the setting appears in the edit profile window as Beam receive "on" instead of the way I left it. Anyone else notice the same thing?

I don't see that as a bug. When you go to edit, the app simply chooses "Beam Receive On" as the default, since that is also the Treo 600 baseline default. Adding a bunch of code so that the default is "Beam Receive = last user selected state" seems a bit wasteful to me. In the end, I agree with you: I like the default to be "Beam Receive Off" for battery conservation, and this state persists when I use milan's profiles app, so I'm happy.
    You may be right about the extra coding not being worth the time. I'm not a programmer. But to me it seems the program would be more intuitive if, once you set up a profile, everytime you reopen that profile for editing purposes it is consistant. If I create a profile named "Office" and set Beam Receive to off, then when I reopen the profile again for editing purposes I naturally expect Beam Receive to appear off.

In fact, that was what I thought the program was doing for all the other settings. Am I wrong in thinking the Beam Receive "on" issue is unique?

Happy holidays!
  3.    #63  
    You may be right about the extra coding not being worth the time. I'm not a programmer. But to me it seems the program would be more intuitive if, once you set up a profile, everytime you reopen that profile for editing purposes it is consistant. If I create a profile named "Office" and set Beam Receive to off, then when I reopen the profile again for editing purposes I naturally expect Beam Receive to appear off.

In fact, that was what I thought the program was doing for all the other settings. Am I wrong in thinking the Beam Receive "on" issue is unique?

Happy holidays!
    You are absolutely right. There is a mistake in the Profiles and it should be fixed in the new release. There is much more bugs like this probably, that's why I'm keeping the program secret here ;-) just for few betatesters like you :-).

Milan
    Soft reset worked. Didn't realize that was necessary. Thanks for the help. Great utility!
    I noticed that the Preference Panel drop-down menu is not accessible with the 5-way. All other prefs are. Is this an easy fix?
  6.    #66  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    I noticed that the Preference Panel drop-down menu is not accessible with the 5-way. All other prefs are. Is this an easy fix?
    Yes, it's an easy fix :-) Wait for the next release please.
    you're good milan
  8.    #68  
    Version 0.05 posted. Major changes are:

- active profile notifier implemented - experimental
    - Preference panel added to the Profiles menu

If you are experiencing problems with the profile notifier please disable it in the Preferences panel.

Milan
    Last edited by milan; 01/16/2004 at 06:44 PM.
    Is it possible to have/add a timed profile? Like for example when I hear a mass or watch stage show we are always requested to turn off or put our phone on silent mode. Sometimes I tend to forget to set the profile back to normal settings. But it there is a timed profile options, it will go back automatically to the previous/normal settings?
    Great work.
  11.    #71  
    Originally posted by efiggy
    Is it possible to have/add a timed profile? Like for example when I hear a mass or watch stage show we are always requested to turn off or put our phone on silent mode. Sometimes I tend to forget to set the profile back to normal settings. But it there is a timed profile options, it will go back automatically to the previous/normal settings?
    Not yet. Maybe some of the future releases...

Milan
    Is there an obvious reason I cannot download Profiles.prc directly from TreoCentral to my T600? I have ReceiveIt and HandZip installed, and I don't have any problems downloading from PalmOne's website.
    Blazer never shows me any prc links. I can't download from T/C either.
    I am a lowly Treo 270 user and thought I'd try you Profiles program. Unfortunately, it crashes with a fatal error when it cannot find the Tones Library.

Any chance on producing a version for 270's?
    Originally posted by milan
    Version 0.05 posted. Major changes are:

- active profile notifier implemented - experimental
    - Preference panel added to the Profiles menu

If you are experiencing problems with the profile notifier please disable it in the Preferences panel.

Milan
    I think that you have done an awesome job with this application, I use it all the time.

I have one suggestion/question, is there any way to have a setting in the profile manager that will mimic the "sound off" button on the top of the Treo600?

There are certain programs like Treo alert manager and Snappermail (for CDMA) that do not seem to follow the sound in the preferences panel. Instead, they do respond to the "sound off" switch on the top of the Treo.

This way, I would only have to switch a profile in order to silence all sounds (right now, I always have to also use the "sound off" switch as well).

Once again, this is a great program and I appreciate all your work on it.
  16.    #76  
    Originally posted by paulsjmail

I think that you have done an awesome job with this application, I use it all the time.

I have one suggestion/question, is there any way to have a setting in the profile manager that will mimic the "sound off" button on the top of the Treo600?

There are certain programs like Treo alert manager and Snappermail (for CDMA) that do not seem to follow the sound in the preferences panel. Instead, they do respond to the "sound off" switch on the top of the Treo.

This way, I would only have to switch a profile in order to silence all sounds (right now, I always have to also use the "sound off" switch as well).

Once again, this is a great program and I appreciate all your work on it.
    Yes there is a way how to silent Treo completely. The problem is that you can put Treo's sound manager out off sync with the "sound off" switch then. It means the position of the switch will not necessarilly reflect the actuall system settings. I can't say at the moment if it's good or bad...
    Yeah, Chatter isn't governed by the profile manager either...its still a great piece of work

@ Milan

I am not sure how far you want to go with this, but there is an app for Symbian Series 60 called MiniGPS that allows you to switch profiles based on what particular cell tower you are attached to. That way you can have different profiles that automatically kick in when you arrive at work or return home, for instance...of course that assumes you live at least a little ways from work. I don't know how well that would work on the CDMA versions as CDMA works with multiple towers simultaneously
    Last edited by 100thMonkey; 12/29/2003 at 11:48 AM.
    Has anyone else had difficulties with the most recent itteration of Profiles (the one posted December 28)?

I think it's conflicting with GridLock, mLights, Hi-Launcher or GraffitiAnywhere. I reverted back to the older version of Profiles (posted December 25) and the problem went away. But I had to reset the preferences in each of the applications listed above to get them to work properly again.
    Has anyone else had difficulties with the most recent itteration of Profiles (the one posted December 28)?
    I deleted the 0.5 version too for the moment to see if it's Profiles that causes the problems.

Three problems:
    - No indication of Keyguard anymore (Formerly it showed the lock)
    - Soft reset when I receive ans SMS and the phone is unattended
    - Hotsync won't start if the phone is not activated before pushing the Hotsync button.

Treo doesn't seem to like the fact that the center button is not pressed to unlock the phone when it is unattended. If it isn't pressed, the phone does a soft reset.

Bye,

Ton

BTW
    After I deleted Profiles (and it's DB that I had to erase manually), the keyguard warning didn't come back)
    Is there a 3rd file (or more files) that have to be deleted??
    Last edited by Tonio78370; 12/30/2003 at 03:11 AM.
  20.    #80  
    Originally posted by Tonio78370

I deleted the 0.5 version too for the moment to see if it's Profiles that causes the problems.

Three problems:
    - No indication of Keyguard anymore (Formerly it showed the lock)
    - Soft reset when I receive ans SMS and the phone is unattended
    - Hotsync won't start if the phone is not activated before pushing the Hotsync button.

Treo doesn't seem to like the fact that the center button is not pressed to unlock the phone when it is unattended. If it isn't pressed, the phone does a soft reset.

Bye,

Ton

BTW
    After I deleted Profiles (and it's DB that I had to erase manually), the keyguard warning didn't come back)
    Is there a 3rd file (or more files) that have to be deleted??
    Strange. What version of Treo you have? GSM or CDMA? \

There are only 2 files: Profiles.prc and ProfilesDB, nothing more. Profiles.prc also saves its application preference to the system preference database.

Concerning the keyguard related problem, is the keyguard activated in the keyguard prefs panel?
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast