Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627
    I received this e-mail from milan recently:

Hi.

I'm working on 650 support. The problem is I don't have the 650 yet :-)

Milan
    yaayyy. finally we received word. I really need his app. I need the simplicity. could you borrow him yours?!
    Glad to hear you received a response. I emailed him a few questions a while back and didn't hear anything back. Figured he had given up on further development.
    I am in contact with Milan. He has sent me a beta version of Profiles for the 650. Some of the basic features work (i.e.: simple profile changes), but there are still a few minor bugs to work out (especially on timed events). It is not my program to post, so I won't. This is Milan's baby and I will leave it for him to decide when it's ready. I think it should be soon. I promise to post more whenever I get news.

Now that I wet your whistle for this, I have a question. While this may have been discussed earlier in this thread, there are too many pages to sift through:
    I am using Phone Technician to use MP3's as ringtones. I need a quieter volume at night so that if my phone rings, I don't jump and hit the ceiling. My phone must remain on since I also use it as my pager. Unfortunately, Profiles will not allow me to change the phone volume, since Technician overides Profiles. I really like using my MP3 during the day. I don't care if I have to use one of the built-in sounds at night, but the only way I seem to be able to do this is to turn Technician off somehow. That seems too darn inconvenient.

Any suggestions.
    I think the latest version of Technician has been re-written to use the Palm OS volume settings, instead of it's own. So if profiles changes the OS volume settings, it should change Technician's, too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Can you guys start a new thread in the 650 forum?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    this app looks great. does it allow a certain profile based on time of day (going to virbate only at night)?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnew
    this app looks great. does it allow a certain profile based on time of day (going to virbate only at night)?

thanks
    Yes.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I tried the app and it is great. a couple of things don't seem to work correctly, maybe i'm doing something wrong or someone has a solution:

1. on the main "Today" screen , the Inbox does not seem to work. It does not indicate how may unread or unsent emails(says "no unread messages) I have (i am using the email program that came with the 600) nor does it take me to the email program when i tap it.

2. i set all sounds to off and the main setting to mute for a "night" profile, but if a text message comes in, i am still getting an alarm.

any help figuring these things out would be appreciated.

thanks
    I'd like to use this with CallFilter in a manner whereby I can send "cmd" command to CallFilter upon a profile being switched such that CallFilter is either enabled or disabled. Anybody figured out what would be the cmd / command (numeric value).
    Thanks,
    RK
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627