Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 530
  1. #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    Profiles 0.25

    http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...details&lid=19

    - reset loop protection added
    - Profiles app can be disabled in preferences form

    Milan
    Milan,

    I'm trying out this newest version of profiles manager, and I'm noticing a problem that I've never encountered with it before. It seems that now the profiles do not always properly switch over when I try to switch them manually (by holding down the menu key). Sometimes they will properly switch but other times they will appear to change but they won't actually change any of the conditions. This can most easily be seen if you have profiles with different brightness levels. Just wondering if you know about this or if anyone else is experiencing this?
  2.    #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    Profiles 0.25

    http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...details&lid=19

    - reset loop protection added
    - Profiles app can be disabled in preferences form

    Milan
    0.26 uploaded. Sorry I made a stupid bug in 0.25 just because of I'm tired. Please download 0.26...

    Milan
  3. #503  
    Thanks Milan, that seems to have fixed the problem. This is really one great utility!
  4. #504  
    I also have had soft resets on incoming calls. Not all the time, but quite a few. I'm unsure if it is callfilter or profiles doing it. Here's the error description from my treo:
    A reset was caused while running "Phone":
    HALRadioOmap.c,
    Line:300, Host wake not asserted in time

    If you ask me, I think this was caused by callfilter, since it "wakes" pTunes for the mp3 ringer... but I'm no programmer and I really don't care much if it resets, coz the functionality overrides the inconvenience

    I'm using profiles 0.22... anyone know if I can safely install 0.26 w/o uninstalling the previous? Thanks! Oh btw, profiles is functional enough as it is, and automatic switching, as good as it sounds, is just an excuse for being lazy. Switch it yourself I always say That's my 2 cents, peace!!!
  5. #505  
    I did. Ben
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I did. Ben
    So did I, and it's doing ok so far... I hope the reset thing doesn't happen again though, I've read up on some threads about this problem and it appears it could be hardware related...
  7. #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Milan,

    I'm trying out this newest version of profiles manager, and I'm noticing a problem that I've never encountered with it before. It seems that now the profiles do not always properly switch over when I try to switch them manually (by holding down the menu key). Sometimes they will properly switch but other times they will appear to change but they won't actually change any of the conditions. This can most easily be seen if you have profiles with different brightness levels. Just wondering if you know about this or if anyone else is experiencing this?
    I was getting the same thing with .25 (I am pretty sure...). And it seemed to be kind of messing up the GPRS connection, but that may have been just a coicidence. I am using the forwarding calls features in Profiler.

    I was wondering if the problems switching profiles manually was related to trying to set the call forwarding because I noticed that I couldn't seem to get my current call forwarding status after I installed Profiler and tried changing profiles.

    -Sim
     
    NoisyGecko
  8. #508  
    Thanks for the response Manilenio. The error I'm getting appears to be different than the one you were getting. Mine simply says "A reset was caused on 10/25/04 at 11:07 am while running "Profiles": Fatal Exception." I can tell from the thread that it is stable for nearly everyone so I'm hoping there is another soul out there that had this problem and can tell me what was conflicting with Profiles. Anyone?
  9. #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by khornet93
    Thanks for the response Manilenio. The error I'm getting appears to be different than the one you were getting. Mine simply says "A reset was caused on 10/25/04 at 11:07 am while running "Profiles": Fatal Exception." I can tell from the thread that it is stable for nearly everyone so I'm hoping there is another soul out there that had this problem and can tell me what was conflicting with Profiles. Anyone?
    I have the same problem. I think it happens when call filter sends a call to voicemail when in at timed profile....then the Treo resets when it switches profiles. No idea why, but it only seems to happen when I've received a call (and I'm using Callfiler) while in a timed profile and it will always reset when the profile switches back.
  10. #510  
    .26 Bug.

    When changing from a profile (not charging) WITH Keyguard enabled to another profile (charging) WITHOUT Keyguard enabled, the latter profile KEEPS Keyguard enabled instead of disabling it.
  11. #511  
    Is there a way to store the radio on/off state with different profiles? I would like to have different profiles where you can select one profile and it will turn off the phone radio. It would need to turn off radio whether or not the data connection is on.

    Thanks for considering this.
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    .26 Bug.

    When changing from a profile (not charging) WITH Keyguard enabled to another profile (charging) WITHOUT Keyguard enabled, the latter profile KEEPS Keyguard enabled instead of disabling it.
    I have the same setup (a not charging profile with keyguard enabled, and a charging one without keyguard enabled). Keyguard acts as it should for me when the profiles actually switch, but the problem is that they don't most of the time. The trigger is set to switch between them when the device is plugged in, yet when I plug it in it often stays in the not charging profile most of the time. I've found that the trigger is more likely to work in the afternoon as opposed to the morning (why this is I don't know, I don't have any profiles that have anything to do with these times).

    EDIT: Actually after some playing around, I found it might have been something leftover from when I had Profeo LC installed. I reinstalled it and used uninstall manager to delete everything related to it, then did a soft reset. At first profiles didn't want to use the correct auto-off time for the profile it said I was in, but once I manually switched to that profile, the triggers were working as they should (including the one when plugged in). I will keep an eye on things and if the problems don't come back, I will assume that was what was causing the issue.
    Last edited by jennyfur; 11/04/2004 at 08:22 AM.
  13. #513  
    Nope. That wasn't it. Trigger still isn't working correctly. Oh well. It's still only in the morning that they don't work, in the afternoon everything is still fine. Strange.
  14. #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    .26 Bug.

    When changing from a profile (not charging) WITH Keyguard enabled to another profile (charging) WITHOUT Keyguard enabled, the latter profile KEEPS Keyguard enabled instead of disabling it.
    I setup a trigger/profile (charging) to disable keyguard when plugged in and switch back when plugged out. It works at disabling keyguard but doesn't re-enable it when I unplug.

    edit: It works!!! I found that it won't revert to the global keyguard setting but it does revert if the 'keyguard' setting in the profile it reverts to is enabled. Hope that makes sense. Happy again!!!
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 11/24/2004 at 01:40 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  15. #515  
    I've got the new Treo 650. Regrettably, Profiles does not seem to work. Indeed, I cannot even open it, though I can "install" it. There is a new "Prefs" architecture, where they're all accessed through a single panel. Some 3rd party prefs seem to work, like Blue Fang, but I can't get to Profiles.

    Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  16. #516  
    I have a TREO 600 and I get this message. I did a factory reset and I am using it without installing any applications. I have also removed my GPRS subscription. It is a plain phone now....

    I like TREO very much and I am bugged becuase of this.

    There is a buzz sound too when I talk..

    Somebody please help...

    Thanks
    Chandramohan, India






    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    I also have had soft resets on incoming calls. Not all the time, but quite a few. I'm unsure if it is callfilter or profiles doing it. Here's the error description from my treo:
    A reset was caused while running "Phone":
    HALRadioOmap.c,
    Line:300, Host wake not asserted in time

    If you ask me, I think this was caused by callfilter, since it "wakes" pTunes for the mp3 ringer... but I'm no programmer and I really don't care much if it resets, coz the functionality overrides the inconvenience

    I'm using profiles 0.22... anyone know if I can safely install 0.26 w/o uninstalling the previous? Thanks! Oh btw, profiles is functional enough as it is, and automatic switching, as good as it sounds, is just an excuse for being lazy. Switch it yourself I always say That's my 2 cents, peace!!!
  17. #517  
    Milan please port this app to Treo 650. ScheduleCare is just too complicated in comparison (not to take away from Jeff's work-he's made a great contribution to the Treo community). Where have you been?!
  18. #518  
    Yeah Milan. We need you...
  19. #519  
    just wait until phase II of scheduelecare. Milan has done a great thing for us, without a doubt both with Profiles and with the napkin rendition of NoBackup's foil method.

    that said, Jeff is trying to make a buck and he may be much more attentive to us. Give it some time, he now has a robust foundation upon which he can buiild a nice itnerface
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  20. #520  
    I had a look at SC, and I was amazed by how complicated it was. Clever, but too much confusing stuff. The simplicity of SPM is hard to pass on, except that it apparently doesn't work on the 650.

Posting Permissions