Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    A summary of my previous posts with another bug I found.

1. Screen Auto-Off

When changing from any profile to any profile, the new profile accepts the previous profile's configuration for screen auto-off and not the new/current one. For example:

From profile x: auto-off configured for 30 seconds.
    To profile xx: auto-off configured for 3 minutes.

Profile xx will turn off in 30 seconds and NOT in 3 minutes. Sometimes a soft reset will correct.

The only workaround I could find was to set all profiles to the same auto-off, e.g., 30 seconds, including the native configuration for auto-off.

2. Call Fowarding

If a profile has call forwarding configured, then the profile will indeed set the phone to CF, but switching to any profile without CF will not turn it off. One must turn it off manually via phone app network settings.

3. Switchback

Switchback is switching back to the profile previous to the previous profile, instead of just the previous profile.
    teh 2nd is false as i stated before
    Ciao

Ettore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    teh 2nd is false as i stated before
    It's not really a question of true or false. A bug on one device may not appear on another, even if they are both GSM or CDMA. It's also possible that this issue is carrier related. It's great that you do not have this problem. Congratulazioni!

e9
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    Well, you may be onto something. The main reason I want Profiles is to do call forwarding easily. So not being able to do that may be the deal killer.

I thought that I was getting the errors on reset even when I wasn't in a call forwarding profile. I believe I was in normal mode, in which the call forewarding panel is enabled, and set not to forward. Is that what you mean by a "profile involving call forwarding"? I'll try a couple of things when I get a chance to.

-Sim
    Yeah. That is what I meant -- any profile with the call forwarding panel enabled. To the developer's credit, though, I see that this may be fixed in the next release.

-cisco187
    Just thought I would check and see if anyone else having this problem with Simple Profile Manger and CallFilter.

I have tried version .21 and .24 of SPM and the same problem always occurs. If a call comes in that is NOT in contacts or does NOT have a caller ID (I've set up this rule in Callfilter) and the Treo screen is not on, the ring starts playing (an MP3 or a built-in ring, does not matter) but then the screen goes black and and the Treo crashes. If the screen is on this does not happened. Anyone experience a similiar situation with Callfilter + Simple Profiles Manager?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Anyone know if there is built in support for profiles planned in the treo 650?

Mark

Earn a free ipod by clicking here!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Just thought I would check and see if anyone else having this problem with Simple Profile Manger and CallFilter.

I have tried version .21 and .24 of SPM and the same problem always occurs. If a call comes in that is NOT in contacts or does NOT have a caller ID (I've set up this rule in Callfilter) and the Treo screen is not on, the ring starts playing (an MP3 or a built-in ring, does not matter) but then the screen goes black and and the Treo crashes. If the screen is on this does not happened. Anyone experience a similiar situation with Callfilter + Simple Profiles Manager?
    Where did you get version .24?
    Hmmm I thought .24 was the last version.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Milan,

Just to let you know v0.23 has been running without any problems so far. One thing I noticed was I have a repeating Datebk entry “WORK” from 7am -5pm and a trigger set to switch back at the end of appointment. If I manually switch to a profile between these times the switch back doesn’t happened at 5pm. Is this by design? Besides the PlugIn/PlugOut events it’s possible to schedule profiles completely with DateBk entries. Would it be possible add a way to set a DateBk triggers to always switch back at the end of the appointment?

To add on to ThirdType’s post #478, I can see a use for a SwitchTo setting like the switchback. For example, The “WORK” trigger will switch back to my “SLEEP” profile at the end of the appointment (usally). I made a PlugOut trigger to set to “HIGH RING” profile so that will be the switchback at the end of the “WORK” appointment. At first I just had a scheduled profile set to switch to “HIGH RING” m-f at 5pm. I like the DateBk method better because if I have a day off I can just remove the DateBk entry and everything will work great. I wouldn’t want profiles to switch at 5pm on my day off if I forget to remove that trigger (then put it back the next day). Does this make sense?

In the “Action” tab you have a DropdownList with only one item (Set Profile). Were you planning on something else going there?

Thanks
    I just want to say that Profiles combined with CallFilter (with Profiles integration on) creates an incredibly versatile phone! Adding BrightCam just makes it even better. Played with it a bit one night and came up with this. It will probably change as I play more and when CallFilter gets more sound options etc.

BrightCam settings:

The Profiles integration is turned OFF. I use Profiles to control the contrast and BrightCam to automatically control the backlight brightness. This works great except the Opt-P to set brightness on demand does not seem to work. I just turn the device off then on again to set.

TreoHelper settings:

I use TreoHelper with SnapperMail to automatically download new email when a special SMS arrives with text "Auto-Exec-Mail-Check". The SMS is sent using a fastmail.fm Sieve script with the notify extension. This allows extreme control of who/when can "push" email to me. Also, the script turns certain emails such eBay outbid notices into a simple SMS and deletes the email.

Butler settings:

I use Butler for 4 things:
    -Enable scrolling with the volume keys.
    -Stop the LED from constantly blinking.
    -Enable attention grabber for only SMS. The reason is that Butler does not care what the system settings are. Profiles has no way to stop Butler from vibrating or sounding, other than the global mute (but it still vibrates). An annoying "feature" but I work around it by using CallFilter to suppress SMS alltogether to stop Butler from catching the SMS. One huge problem is that this method does NOT work when then SMS application is open. Ugh, Butler needs to be fixed.
    -Hold menu button to popup the command bar.

CallFilter settings:

General Preferences: "Log all actions" and "Notify Using Attention Manager" are checked. "Default Ring Settings" is "Announce Number" and "Extended Info".
    The main thing to note is the "Notify Using Attention Manager". This allows me to use "Prevent SMS Popup" and still get notification.

Profiles:

There are 3 groups of profiles:
    Activity specific suppresion/settings.
    Normal, all contacts allowed.
    Privacy, few contacts allowed.

The profiles I use for periods of time are named with "-PROFILE" so they are on top in their group. The others are scheduled or are to be used throughout the day/night. The organization allows for quickest access to most frequently used Profiles. Activity based profiles are always at the top of the list are can be used in Normal or Private mode.

Activity based group:

-MEETING
    All sounds off, mute on, vibrate off except Calendar.
    CallFilter ignores all calls, deletes SMS sent from my fastmail.fm email with text "Auto-Exec-Mail-Check" so it will not trigger SnapperMail to download new mail, prevent SMS popup for messages sent from my fastmail.fm address (things like forum post notifications) so Butler wont catch it and keep reminding (and since there is no need to auto-reply to myself), auto reply all other SMS "AUTO REPLY: Im in a meeting"

-MOVIE
    All sounds off, mute on, vibrate off, increased contrast to darken screen.
    CallFilter ignores all calls, delete mail notification SMS (see above), prevents SMS popup from myself (see above), auto reply all other SMS "AUTO REPLY: Im watching a movie".

-NAP
    All sounds off except Phone and Calendar, mute off, vibrate off except Phone and Calendar, increased contrast to darken screen.
    CallFilter ignores all calls, delete mail notification SMS (see above), prevents SMS popup from myself (see above), auto reply all other SMS "AUTO REPLY: Im taking a nap".
    The Phone sound is on so I can easily add contacts to CallFilter rules if I ever want to let them through. Voicemail midi is set to "silence".
    The main difference between this and MOVIE is that mute is off. This allows Datebk5, Bob's Alarm, and PocketTunes to use the speaker. Phone vibrate is on so voicemail will vibrate so that when I'm sleeping next to the girlfriend I can respond to important calls (must have been important to leave voicemail). That may change.

Normal group:

N -BORROW
    Like "N Daytime" profile, except Keygaurd is disabled, CallFilter deletes mail notification SMS (see above) and prevents SMS popup from everyone.
    This was originally created so I could let someone else use my Treo without seeing any embarrasing SMS messages. Once in a while I use this for when Im waiting for a very important phone call (doctor) because it stops SnapperMail from downloading new mail which would cause the incoming call to go straight to voicemail.

N -ONLY VIBRATE
    All sounds off, mute on, vibrate on.
    CallFilter has no rules.
    This is just like using the switch on the top of the Treo but now I can set a timer on it Useful for casual restaraunts etc. if I dont think I'll catch it before my vibrate grace period ends (see "N Daytime" profile).

N -SILENT
    All sounds off, mute on, vibrate off.
    CallFilter deletes mail notification SMS (see above), prevents SMS popup so Butler wont keep reminding.
    I use this when I want to use SMS and games, but with no sound or vibrate. Useful for casual meetings when I want to chat but not bring attention to myself when it vibrates.

N Daytime
    All sounds on, mute off, vibrate on.
    CallFilter has rules for friends/family/categories that plays wav files announcing the caller/category name, made with the AT&T text to speech web site. There is a few seconds of silence at the start of each wav so it will only vibrate at first. SMS is set to only vibrate, after 30 seconds Butler will vibrate and play a wav for reminders.
    My usual profile when I'm not asleep, triggered by a switch back from "N Sleep" profile when I unplug in the morning.

N Sleep
    All sounds on except SMS and voicemail, mute off, vibrate off, contrast near max.
    CallFilter allows a few people to call (for emergencies) but ignores everyone else, delete mail notification SMS (see above), prevent SMS popup from myself (see above), auto reply all other SMS "AUTO REPLY: Im asleep".
    This is set to trigger at 1am and switch back to "N Daytime" profile when unplugged. This way I can sleep in on weekends/holidays and it always blocks calls/SMS until I am actually awake and unplug the device. If I go to sleep early (like when I'm sick) I just switch to it manually (its in this group even though it doesnt really belong because I can switch to it quickly). It will still correctly switch back because "N Daytime" is schedule for 12:59am. Hope no one calls/SMS at 12:59:01am This is why we need "Switch to" and time based actions when plugged in/out.

N xDay no ring
    All sounds off except voicemail, mute off, vibrate on.
    CallFilter simply allows all callers and uses "silence" midi for ringtone allowing the volume to be at 5 for voicemail tone.
    This is useful if I want to get calls but not announce who they are. No, this is not for cheating on my girlfriend its to avoid akward moments when I'm spending time with family since my parents are badly divorced. Also, since calls only vibrate its less distracting for everyone and if its important they will leave voicemail which will play a midi, plus Butler can still play its wav for SMS reminders. I manually switch to this before going to a parents house.

Privacy group:

P -ONLY VIBRATE
    Just like "N -ONLY VIBRATE" except CallFilter only allows certain people.

P -SILENT
    Just like "N -SILENT" except CallFilter only allows certain people.

P Daytime
    Just like "N Daytime" except CallFilter only allows certain people.
    Last edited by ThirdType; 11/23/2004 at 04:38 PM. Reason: changed my profiles
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Kapz, I dont quite understand what you are trying to do but maybe it would be easier if you used Datebk to schedule both profiles (no switchbacks)? Then you could easily delete or change the schedules per day. In reference to the manual switched profiles, I think they override switchbacks and timers but not schedules.

BTW Datebk5 categories can be useful to hide the entries then use Menu->M when you want to show everything for just one session.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  11.    #491  
    Profiles 0.24 uploaded.

- a bug fix release (Power Off After, Call forwarding)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    Profiles 0.24 uploaded.

What changes were made to the call forwarding? Does this fix the reset loop problem? That was what I was running into when I tried .22, I believe.

Also, the BrightCam program has code in it to detect a reset loop and disable itself when that happens. Not sure how they do it.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Profiles 0.24 uploaded.

Both fixed for me. Thanks, milan!
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    Both fixed for me. Thanks, milan!
    What did it fix? I would like to try this again, but it is quite time consuming to have to deal with the reset loop that I ran into twice before with previous versions.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Milan

First:

SUPER APP!!! SUPER JOB: Designing, Coding, Responding!!
    Simple Profile Manager is the Top, A-one, Best App ever for the Treo

That having been said . . .

A suggestion to make it even easier for me and more functional.

I suggest you create a "Duration" profile class, which, when "selected" via the switcher, will run for a predefined nn minutes or hours. I suggest it be accomplished as follows:

On the "Profile" setting of the Profile Screen, add "Run For: nn Min/Hr"
    (where nn is an input, and there is a drop-down selection of Min or Hr)

When the Profile is selected via the Switcher, move the "nn min/hr" to your existing field on the Switcher screen, and do as you do now when switching via the Switcher.

If no "Run for values exist for a profile, the switcher would leave things like they are now.

(Note: no real need to permit changing the nn min/hr fields once they are moved, but some may think otherwise.)

What this does for users:

-- Allows defining a set of Profiles with common characteristics, varying only the duration for the Profile to remain in effect, like; Meeting1hr; Meeting 2hr; Meeting30min; etc (easy to replicate with your "duplicate" function)

-- Makes simpler the current process: Select the Profile in the Switcher, and change the duration, then set it (too many steps, I think)

-- Users can still do like they do now and their exisitng Profiles (lacking "Run For" settings, would work like now.

Hope this makes sense to you and you agree it will be helpful to your entire audience of users.
    The true spirit of America: "Let's roll!!"
    ============================

SilverBack
    Agreed, this program rocks. I'd love to see a function that works like "Set to <select profile> at <certain time>" so you're not just setting "back" to a profile, you're setting an explicit profile. I think it could really add a lot to the scheduling. Could map a full week of swapping profile automagicly.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I'm having a problem that I haven't seen others post about. While others have experienced a reset loop, I'm regularly getting a reset on incoming calls, but without the loop. I'm using it with callfilter and have had the same problems with Profile .18 to the most recent. Anyone else experienced this or have suggestions? It doesn't happen every time so I keep Profiles installed because the functionality more than outweights the resets. Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by khornet93
    I'm having a problem that I haven't seen others post about. While others have experienced a reset loop, I'm regularly getting a reset on incoming calls, but without the loop. I'm using it with callfilter and have had the same problems with Profile .18 to the most recent. Anyone else experienced this or have suggestions? It doesn't happen every time so I keep Profiles installed because the functionality more than outweights the resets. Any help is appreciated!
    When I tried Callfilter months ago I had lots of resets on incoming calls. So I removed it. Not sure what was up, but I didn't have time to fool with it and it didn't really do what I wanted anyway. I am pretty sure I didn't have Profiles installed since it didn't do what I wanted at that time either.

-Sim
    &nbsp;
    NoisyGecko
  19.    #499  
    Profiles 0.25

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...details&lid=19

- reset loop protection added
    - Profiles app can be disabled in preferences form

Milan
    Profiles 0.25

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...details&lid=19

- reset loop protection added
    - Profiles app can be disabled in preferences form

Milan
    Great! I am trying it out... Things were working well other than the reset problem.

Thanks,
    -Sim
    &nbsp;
    NoisyGecko