Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
    Is there any sort of manual or FAQ about Profiles that anyone has compiled? It is very hard for me to find out all the little tricks to using it fully. It took me a while just to figure out how to switch profiles by pressing and holding the option key.

So far it seems to be working great and does what I want!

Thanks,
    -Sim

NoisyGecko
  2.    #462  
    Please try attached 0.23. It should fix several reported problems (color scheme setting, problems during reset...)

Milan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Not sure how could miss it, right there in the zip file.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    ITA w/manilenio. 0.18 has been working fine besides the reset occuring when when selecting color scheme to duplicate. Thanks for this software!

Milan, is it OK to overlay this newer version (.23) without deleting .18 first?
    I got an error when I installed version 0.22, and it appears I get the same error with 0.23. Immediately after the HotSync to install Profiles, while the "Cleaning up - please wait" screen is there, it shows the following error dialog:

Code:
    DmOpenDatabase(ProfilesTriggersDB)
    Err: 534

NoisyGecko
  6.    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    ITA w/manilenio. 0.18 has been working fine besides the reset occuring when when selecting color scheme to duplicate. Thanks for this software!

Milan, is it OK to overlay this newer version (.23) without deleting .18 first?
    It should be ok but I can't guarantee this :-)

Milan
    Milan or NoisyGecko,

Could someone please post the PRC file of profiles 023? Blazer won't let me download the .zip to my Treo :-(

Thanks,
    Doug
    Doug Blair
    Quote Originally Posted by dougblair
    Milan or NoisyGecko,

Could someone please post the PRC file of profiles 023? Blazer won't let me download the .zip to my Treo :-(

Thanks,
    Doug
    OK, I'll try to do that tonight when I get a chance. I have to run in a couple of minutes.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    I got an error when I installed version 0.22, and it appears I get the same error with 0.23. Immediately after the HotSync to install Profiles, while the "Cleaning up - please wait" screen is there, it shows the following error dialog:

Code:
    DmOpenDatabase(ProfilesTriggersDB)
    Err: 534
    I cleared out Profiles and the resource database using FileZ, backed up my Treo using BackupMan, peformed a hard reset and then restored it. Then I installed Profiles again and didn't get the error I mention above.

Things were going great till I tried a soft reset. It randomly says things like "Phone is not powered" and then gives me the DmOpenDatabase error. Eventually, after about 7 to 10 resets, I can get it to come back without locking up.

Wish it would work for me, since it seems to go great till I need to soft reset my phone.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    When changing from any profile to any profile, the new profile accepts the previous profile's configuration for screen auto-off and not the new/current one. For example:

From profile x: auto-off configured for 30 seconds.
    To profile xx: auto-off configured for 3 minutes.

Profile xx will turn off in 30 seconds and NOT in 3 minutes. Sometimes a soft reset will correct.

The only workaround I could find was to set all profiles to the same auto-off, e.g., 30 seconds, including the native configuration for auto-off.
    I've had the "Phone is not powered" error before, a cousin of the "Phone is not registered" error. In my experience, Profiles caused this error only when my Treo 600 reset with an active profile involving call forwarding. It took me a long time to figure this out, and I see that I may not be the only one to have experienced it. My workaround has been to avoid using the call forwarding profiles, and I have had no problems with my soft resets since.

Hopefully this will be corrected in the next version . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco187
    I've had the "Phone is not powered" error before, a cousin of the "Phone is not registered" error. In my experience, Profiles caused this error only when my Treo 600 reset with an active profile involving call forwarding. It took me a long time to figure this out, and I see that I may not be the only one to have experienced it. My workaround has been to avoid using the call forwarding profiles, and I have had no problems with my soft resets since.

I only have the phone is not registered error and indeed it is due to the call forwarding in the active profile.
    Ciao

Ettore
    If a profile has call forwarding configured then the profile will indeed set the phone to CF, but switching to any profile without CF will not turn it off. One must turn it off manually via phone app network settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    If a profile has call forwarding configured then the profile will indeed set the phone to CF, but switching to any profile without CF will not turn it off. One must turn it off manually via phone app network settings.
    This is not correct. You have to flag the CF page and select "do not forward"

When things seem not to rok just make some tries
    Ciao

Ettore
    No resets and scheduled profiles work with 023! Great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco187

Well, you may be onto something. The main reason I want Profiles is to do call forwarding easily. So not being able to do that may be the deal killer.

I thought that I was getting the errors on reset even when I wasn't in a call forwarding profile. I believe I was in normal mode, in which the call forewarding panel is enabled, and set not to forward. Is that what you mean by a "profile involving call forwarding"? I'll try a couple of things when I get a chance to.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    Well, you may be onto something. The main reason I want Profiles is to do call forwarding easily. So not being able to do that may be the deal killer.

I thought that I was getting the errors on reset even when I wasn't in a call forwarding profile. I believe I was in normal mode, in which the call forewarding panel is enabled, and set not to forward. Is that what you mean by a "profile involving call forwarding"? I'll try a couple of things when I get a chance to.

-Sim
    I will try to fix the call forwarding in the next release.

Milan
    Milan, any chance adding a "Switch to" like the "Switch back"?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Gawd, I just finished upgrading from .18 to .22, and now .23 is out? Well, .22 is pretty stable for me, works great with CF 1.2. No problems so far, except that when I synced it to my t600 the "DmDatabase" error came up. However, I haven't seen any problems yet. I haven't encountered any errors with color scheme switching either. Milan, if .22 is good for me, is there any new code in .23 to justify upgrading to that? Thanks, great job as usual!
    A summary of my previous posts with another bug I found.

1. Screen Auto-Off

When changing from any profile to any profile, the new profile accepts the previous profile's configuration for screen auto-off and not the new/current one. For example:

From profile x: auto-off configured for 30 seconds.
    To profile xx: auto-off configured for 3 minutes.

Profile xx will turn off in 30 seconds and NOT in 3 minutes. Sometimes a soft reset will correct.

The only workaround I could find was to set all profiles to the same auto-off, e.g., 30 seconds, including the native configuration for auto-off.

2. Call Fowarding

If a profile has call forwarding configured, then the profile will indeed set the phone to CF, but switching to any profile without CF will not turn it off. One must turn it off manually via phone app network settings.

3. Switchback

Switchback is switching back to the profile previous to the previous profile, instead of just the previous profile.