Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
    Hi Milan,

Usually a reset occurs setting the color scheme in a profile.
    Ciao

Ettore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    Hi Milan,

Usually a reset occurs setting the color scheme in a profile.
    Yup, my treo's exhibiting this behaviour as well.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  3.    #443  
    0.22 posted.

- a new calendar driven trigger added
    - an option to disable the integrated profile scheduler added

Milan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    This is the exact functionality i'm looking for in a profile application... i just hope the bugs get worked out!

BTW - mine resets at color scheme setting as well.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    This is the exact functionality i'm looking for in a profile application... i just hope the bugs get worked out!

BTW - mine resets at color scheme setting as well.
    I would like to fix all problems anyone here experience but I am an only tester I have :-) On my Treo 600 I have no problem to set a color scheme. Can you describe in detail what you do to get thid error/reset?

Milan
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    In my experience when using a timed profile, the scheduled one does not become active, and it doesn't become the switchback. It basically ignores it.

One current limitation is that I cannot do either of these:

Plugged In: switch to profile "Keygaurd OFF", switchback when Plugged Out
    At 2am: switch to profile "Sleep", switchback when Plugged Out
    ?
    When I make the same triggers on my Treo and I unplug the Treo off, the original profile (before "Keygaurd OFF" had been activated) is restored. That's how Profiles are supposed to work...

or

Plugged In: switch to profile "Keygaurd OFF"
    Plugged Out: switch to profile "Keygaurd ON"
    At 2am: switch to profile "Sleep", switchback when Plugged Out
    In this case "Keygaurd ON" should be activated when you unplug your Treo whatever profile had been scheduled during "Keygaurd OFF" lifetime. That's because the off condition 'switch to profile/Never' of the scheduler action causes the profile history/stack database to be deleted.

The "Sleep" profile never ends in either case IIRC. On that note, maybe different behaviour for Plugged In/Out per time of day would be nice?
    The checkbox to disable the integrated profile scheduler basically stops all triggers from firing, correct? Do timed profiles still fire when disabled or basically Profiles behaves like version 0.18?

Thanks.
  8.    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapz
    If I have a datebk entry ‘WORK’ from 8-5, will profiles switch back at 5 or Profiles just looks at the start time for event matching the pattern?
    Profiles should restore the previous profile at the END of the appointment (in your case a 5).

Will the datebk trigger read private events?
    To be honest I don't know at the moment :-)

The checkbox to disable the integrated profile scheduler basically stops all triggers from firing, correct? Do timed profiles still fire when disabled or basically Profiles behaves like version 0.18?
    The timed profiles ahould work even the scheduler is disabled...

Milan
    Awesome Milan, the Datebk integration very nice. One small thing: if you set a profile to switchback at the end of an appointment and you change the end time of the appointment after it has started, Profiles still uses the original end time. Not a big deal though.

In reference to my last message, let me explain further. What I was trying to accomplish was this: Normally during the day I would be in a "Daytime" profile. I would go to bed and it would automatically switch to "Sleep" at 2am and switchback to "Daytime" when I unplug it in the morning. This works fine until I add the "Keygaurd OFF" and "Keygaurd ON" profile triggers when pugged in/out. The switchback never goes back to "Daytime". I realize the behaviour is by design, I just wish it was possible.

Furthurmore, trying to go back to a "Daytime" profile when unplugged in the morning seems a bit difficult. It works if the "Sleep" can switchback to "Daytime", but when I add "Evening" for the (duh) evening, it would switchback to that. The only way I see to do this is schedule "Daytime" at 1:59am, then schedule "Sleep" at 2am.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    I would like to fix all problems anyone here experience but I am an only tester I have :-) On my Treo 600 I have no problem to set a color scheme. Can you describe in detail what you do to get thid error/reset?

Milan
    Mine resets every time I set a color scheme for the active profile in the general tab of profiles. It has always worked this way since the first version.
    Ciao

Ettore
  11.    #451  
    Awesome Milan, the Datebk integration very nice. One small thing: if you set a profile to switchback at the end of an appointment and you change the end time of the appointment after it has started, Profiles still uses the original end time. Not a big deal though.
    Profiles are scanning DateBk database every 5s for changes. Profiles should adjust automaticaly to the changes made to DateBk database. I will look into this.

In reference to my last message, let me explain further. What I was trying to accomplish was this: Normally during the day I would be in a "Daytime" profile. I would go to bed and it would automatically switch to "Sleep" at 2am and switchback to "Daytime" when I unplug it in the morning. This works fine until I add the "Keygaurd OFF" and "Keygaurd ON" profile triggers when pugged in/out. The switchback never goes back to "Daytime". I realize the behaviour is by design, I just wish it was possible.
    If Profiles doesn't go to 'daytime' profile then it's a mistake. When you 'unplug' your Treo all profiles triggered with the switch back condition equal to 'When PluggedOut' should be removed from the stack and the orginal profile should be restored. In your case it's the 'Daytime' profile...

Furthurmore, trying to go back to a "Daytime" profile when unplugged in the morning seems a bit difficult. It works if the "Sleep" can switchback to "Daytime", but when I add "Evening" for the (duh) evening, it would switchback to that. The only way I see to do this is schedule "Daytime" at 1:59am, then schedule "Sleep" at 2am.

This is the first version supporting DateBk appointments and it needs a lot of polishing :-)

Milan
  12.    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    Mine resets every time I set a color scheme for the active profile in the general tab of profiles. It has always worked this way since the first version.
    It resets when you choose a color scheme from the popup list or when you try to activate a profile with a non standard color scheme?

Milan
    It resets when you choose a color scheme from the popup list or when you try to activate a profile with a non standard color scheme?

Milan
    The first you said.
    It resets, but the selections you make is mantained so in the end it's possible to change the color scheme. It doesn't reset when you switch through profiles with different, non standard, color schemes.

The box (the one you use to activate a page of settings) in the upper right corner of the sound page is linked with the box in the application page: is this correct or a bug ?
    Last edited by Ettore; 10/11/2004 at 07:28 AM.
    Ciao

Ettore
    0.22 posted.

- a new calendar driven trigger added
    - an option to disable the integrated profile scheduler added

Milan
    Still get a resetting loop with this version when I choose SET from the main Profiles screen. (Sprint Treo). Had to hard reset to stop it.
    Hi Milan,
    You haven't responded to this, so I wanted to reiterate it.
    I like to have the "notifier" active to remind me of the active profile. But, with "notifier" active, the application & home buttons don't work unless pressed after the "notifier" popup goes off. Other buttons do respond immediately. The "notifier" popoff goes off when the 5-way NAV or letters/numbers are pressed, but not when the menu is pressed (although the menu pops up anyway!).
    Is it possible for you to fix this? Any plans to address this issue?

Milan
    Yes, when you are editing a profile and you chose a color scheme to associate to it, it will reset.

Thanks!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    In the Trigger settings, the Pattern string for a DateBk event.

Does the string have to be in the text, or can it be in a note for the event?

Thanks for the Great program!

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    In the Trigger settings, the Pattern string for a DateBk event.

Does the string have to be in the text, or can it be in a note for the event?

Thanks for the Great program!

Timmay
    The current implementation looks for the pattern in description field only.

Milan
    I've been using Profiles 0.18 for the longest time now, and I've never been too concerned with timed profiles, etc. Just the basic functionality is ok with me. Then came callfilter, and everything in my treo seemed to be beautiful, like angels singing from above. Now Milan is back (wb Milan! great to have you back!) and now I'm worried I'd have to start all over again! Sigh... such is progress
    Im wondering about something, are you installing this newest version of profile manager, on top of one of the older versions? I had a reset problem when I did this, but after erasing any version of profiles and then installing this newest version, I haven't had any problems.

I do realize that this would be cumbersome if we had to do it each time we wanted to install a new version of simple profile manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    Yes, when you are editing a profile and you chose a color scheme to associate to it, it will reset.

Thanks!
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 10/11/2004 at 02:08 PM.