Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 LastLast
    milan, could you post 21 as a zip, Blazer refuses to accept the prc as a valid file? TIA.
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    milan, could you post 21 as a zip, Blazer refuses to accept the prc as a valid file? TIA.
    Check the attachment.

Milan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    hey Milan,

Any idea why my treo goes into a reset loop whena "timed" trigger takes effect?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Due to the program's design though, accessing Profiler is done via the default Preferences program and is a multistep process. I prefer accessing via a direct icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Due to the program's design though, accessing Profiler is done via the default Preferences program and is a multistep process. I prefer accessing via a direct icon.
    If you are talking about simple profile manager, then that is true, but you only need to go to the preferences panel when you are creating a new profile. When you only want to switch from one profile to another, you can hold down the "menu" key or the "option" key (this is configurable).
  6.    #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    hey Milan,

I don't know. I can't reproduce this problem on my Treo. Can you try to backup your Treo, delete current Profiles including the database, install it again a create a few profiles and try to switch between them either manually or using triggers? I suspect your profile database got somehow corrupted...

Milan
    Milan, I downloaded and installed the update and am very impressed with this release. I have Call Filter installed and am looking forward to taking a LONG TIME to set it up to work with your application. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    hey Milan,

Same thing happened to me. I had to hard reset to get it to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Same thing happened to me. I had to hard reset to get it to stop.
    Same with me. Endless loop only cured by a hard reset.Sprint PCS Treo.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    I don't know. I can't reproduce this problem on my Treo. Can you try to backup your Treo, delete current Profiles including the database, install it again a create a few profiles and try to switch between them either manually or using triggers? I suspect your profile database got somehow corrupted...

Milan

I guess that was the problem. I did what you said and it seems to be working now. I will begin running it therough its paces now!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Same with me. Endless loop only cured by a hard reset.Sprint PCS Treo.
    I'm also using a Sprint Treo 600 and getting the reset loop. Hard reset/ re-install of .21 gives the same result.

k
    Quote Originally Posted by milan

Milan
    Worked for me. So far so good.

Nice to have you back Milan.
    Thanks for the update, milan. It's working fine so far on my Sprint Treo600. My profiles are switching at their appropriate times.

I got one question though (I think I might've missed this piece of info in this thread). What's the "Application" section for and how do I set it up?
    I also had to delete my Profiles database to avoid the looping reset. BTW the first time I installed .21 the new Application category's fields were filled with junk.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just a quick update here. I disabled Callfilter, then re-installed .21. Had to select Profiles again in CF, and now everything is working great. Thanks, Milan!

k
    With "notifier" active, the application & home buttons don't work unless pressed after the "notifier" popup goes off. Other buttons do respond immediately. The "notifier" popoff goes off when the 5-way NAV or letters/numbers are pressed, but not when the menu is pressed (although the menu pops up anyway!).
    Other than this minor annoyance, Great Program!
    BTW, this happens with both .18 and .21.
    Could somebody outline in simple language how I get Simple Profile Manager to launch a specific profile by time. I am interested in having three Profiles automatically kick in during the day. In other words, Profile 1 starts at 8 am and runs to 12 pm, followed by Profile 2 which runs from 12 pm to 5 pm, followed by Profile 3 which runs from 5 pm to 8 am. And this would repeat every day, seven days a week. How do I do this? Thanks...
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Oh thank you milan! v0.21 has been working so far. I deleted the .pnl, profile database and trigger database before installing. I haven't had any problem yet. How are you handling the situation where a timed session is still active for profile1 and set to switch back to profile2 in 15 minutes and a scheduled profile is triggered before the switchback? If I’m in a timed session and I switch to some other profile manually, is the timed session nullified? What happens if I set another timed session while in a timed session?

Again…Thanks
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapz
    Oh thank you milan! v0.21 has been working so far. I deleted the .pnl, profile database and trigger database before installing. I haven't had any problem yet. How are you handling the situation where a timed session is still active for profile1 and set to switch back to profile2 in 15 minutes and a scheduled profile is triggered before the switchback? If I’m in a timed session and I switch to some other profile manually, is the timed session nullified? What happens if I set another timed session while in a timed session?

Again…Thanks
    >
    How are you handling the situation where a timed session is still active for profile1 and set to switch back to profile2 in 15 minutes and a scheduled profile is triggered before the switchback?
    <

The scheduled profile should become an active on.

>
    If I’m in a timed session and I switch to some other profile manually, is the timed session nullified?
    <

Yes

>
    What happens if I set another timed session while in a timed session?
    <

After the second timed session expires, the first timed session is restored if there is a time left, otherwise the original profile is taken back to life...

Milan
    In my experience when using a timed profile, the scheduled one does not become active, and it doesn't become the switchback. It basically ignores it.

One current limitation is that I cannot do either of these:

Plugged In: switch to profile "Keygaurd OFF", switchback when Plugged Out
    At 2am: switch to profile "Sleep", switchback when Plugged Out

or

Plugged In: switch to profile "Keygaurd OFF"
    Plugged Out: switch to profile "Keygaurd ON"
    At 2am: switch to profile "Sleep", switchback when Plugged Out

The "Sleep" profile never ends in either case IIRC. On that note, maybe different behaviour for Plugged In/Out per time of day would be nice?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989