Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    ChemEngr

Version 0.19 timed profiles work. The PluggIn and PluggedOut triggers work too. Scheduled triggers do not work. Milan is working on a new design, see post #387. Remember version 0.19 is very experimental. Version 0.18 has been stable.
    great thanks - i ll stay on .18 till they get it stable - its great as is
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapz
    ChemEngr

Version 0.19 timed profiles work. The PluggIn and PluggedOut triggers work too. Scheduled triggers do not work. Milan is working on a new design, see post #387. Remember version 0.19 is very experimental. Version 0.18 has been stable.
    OIC the misunderstanding. Correct, the timed profiles (selecting a profile and time period) work. Scheduled triggers (which was what I meant) do not. I'm keeping this version on my treo - the timed profiles come in handy for meetings and movies (you don't have to remember to turn off silent mode).

Milan, I'm also getting resets when editing profiles just when I click 'OK.' Keep up the good work. Thanks again.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I had a couple of issues. After unistalling and reinstalling, The main issue was resolved, but I still get an error message (profile database not found) when SplashClock kicks in on the charger with .19.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I find that my Profiles still will not turn off Vibrations, though I set it to do so in .19. Any hope of resolving this?

Thanks.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    On the call transfer issue, I had the same issue and had to call my service provider. The tech services person indicated that he had to do a manual reset at the switch. Treo working fine now. Looking to wait a bit for 0.19 to stabilize, but the foundation of the app is solid. Can't wait to see how next release turns out.
  7.    #407  
    features added:

- an improved profile scheduler implemented
    - an interface to external applications added

Milan
    Last edited by milan; 10/05/2004 at 05:15 PM.
    Just caused me to hard reset. System crash when I hit "set" on a profile. Can't restart without crash. Ugh. Please pull offline before others have similar problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    Just caused me to hard reset. System crash when I hit "set" on a profile. Can't restart without crash. Ugh. Please pull offline before others have similar problem.
    I just installed the newest version (020) and had this same sort of problem. I tried to switch profiles and the treo went into a reset loop. I have never encountered this with any of the prior versions of simple profiles manager. I have gone back to the previous version for now, but I look forward to this problem being fixed so that I can take advantage of the update.
  10.    #410  
    I temporarily removed 0.20 to investigate the problem you described. Sorry.

Milan
    Last edited by milan; 10/06/2004 at 05:03 AM.
    More info for v.20:

Unfortunately v.20 causes TELT, with an error that says something like “… system compatibility wrong card#...) Option switcher button is also not functional
    Last edited by elysian9; 10/05/2004 at 05:53 PM.
    How come I can't get profiles to recognize my verichat or snappermail alert changes? No matter what I set in profiles, it is always the same alert in those programs...
  13.    #413  
    I need a volunteer(s) who will try to install the attached 0.21. Hopefuly it should fix the reset problem.

Milan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'll try version 0.21 after work today. I need my Treo to work during the day. Thanks milan
    I just installed version 0.21, tested against the above stated problem, and no problems so far.

Pressed the 'set' button to change profiles, used the 'option' key to change profile, and used 'triggers' to change profile.

All with no problems so far.
    RJuhl
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint Treo...

I just set a profile trigger to switch to a profile at a set time. When the trigger activated it sent my phone into a reset loop. I had to do a warm reset to stop the phone from resetting.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    The 'Set' button causes me to reset. (Sprint Treo)
    ... and why do I want one? I can't find the term in the Treo handbook index.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkPete
    ... and why do I want one? I can't find the term in the Treo handbook index.
    Whoa....young grasshopper! You are not yet schooled in the ways of the Treo!

Go to the first post to see what "profiles" is all about
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I read the first post before I posted, and didn't find any information about what profiles are, just found a detailed record of the design and debugging process.

However, checking it again just now, I did find a link to http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=55044 , which answers my question.