Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Sorry if I'm missing it - where did you upload the .02 version to?

Thanks, can't wait to try it.
    Last edited by finn; 12/17/2003 at 10:08 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by finn
    Sorry if I'm missing it - where did you upload the .02 version to?

Thanks, can't wait to try it.
    I replaced the original attachment, part of the first post into this forum :-) It's a little bit connfusing I know.
  4.    #24  
    Version 0.03 posted. No major changes, only user interface cleanup.
    Thanks. This is great! Just what I've been looking for.

I'll second the suggestion regarding closing the app when the 'set' button is hit.

Do you have a paypal account?
    Originally posted by milan
    Got a small problem... Since I installed the 0.03 version, the keyguard comes in but the warning doesn't show anymore...

When I light up my T6, I get the screen but don't see the warning that Keygurad is active.

Anyone a hint?

Bye,

Ton
    Originally posted by milan
    This is a very nice utility. I find myself using it several times per day, changing the volume when I go into meetings because the vibrate isn't strong enough, and switching the brightness in the evening.

Any idea when you will have the Quick Profile Switch done? I second the idea of using the volume buttons. I have tons of apps already that want to use the hard buttons.

I've tried VolumeRocker for a while but I've found it's more convenient to use the standard navigation methods. Switching a profile however is perfect for the volume buttons, a little like you did on most Nokias.
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by Mol

Any idea when you will have the Quick Profile Switch done? I second the idea of using the volume buttons. I have tons of apps already that want to use the hard buttons.

I've tried VolumeRocker for a while but I've found it's more convenient to use the standard navigation methods. Switching a profile however is perfect for the volume buttons, a little like you did on most Nokias.
    I plan it for the next release scheduled for tomorrow :-)
    it'd also be great if you could put in a setting for other system sounds because even with the profile manager, Chatter does its own thing and that can be embarrasing when it goes off if I get several IM's simultaneously
    v4 with volume buttom profile switching coming soon... am i complete freak that i've checked this site like 5 times today waiting for the new version?
  11.    #31  
    Originally posted by masonuc
    v4 with volume buttom profile switching coming soon... am i complete freak that i've checked this site like 5 times today waiting for the new version?
    It turns out to be more technically difficult than I expected :-) Please be patient.

Milan
    Sir:

For what is/(will be) most certainly one of the top two or three T600 apps of all time, I'm sure we're all willing to be quite patient. We might get a bit ansy, but we love your work.

Also, please be sure to include your PayPal account so that we may all contribute and show you just how ansy we may be.

Good luck on the current endeavours! We'll be waiting for the newest releases!
    Hey I wasn't complaining. :-)

Just excited from your earlier ETA. No worries -- whenever you get a chance. We will all wait patiently.

FWIW, I disagree w/ hocus73's "top two or three." In terms of pure Treo 600 programs, this is definitely #1 in terms of usefulness. The only thing that comes close is the reset feature on Treo Tools -- which is obviously a far less complicated program and one that I can't possibly imagine how the Handspring people didn't include in the first place.
    Originally posted by masonuc
    Hey I wasn't complaining. :-)

Just excited from your earlier ETA. No worries -- whenever you get a chance. We will all wait patiently.

FWIW, I disagree w/ hocus73's "top two or three." In terms of pure Treo 600 programs, this is definitely #1 in terms of usefulness. The only thing that comes close is the reset feature on Treo Tools -- which is obviously a far less complicated program and one that I can't possibly imagine how the Handspring people didn't include in the first place.
    Profile, KeyCaps600 and Chatter are battling for the #1 spot on pure Treo600 app on mine :-)
    Have you tried Chatter's email/IMAP feature yet? If not and have the time, give it a whirl. In my order: HanDBase, Chatter, TakePhone and Snappermail. Ben

------------

Originally posted by Mol

Profile, KeyCaps600 and Chatter are battling for the #1 spot on pure Treo600 app on mine :-)
    I am also looking forward to the next update of Profiles. Great program. The volume key concept is brilliant, too.

Regarding Chatter, what are the email capabilities? Is chatter useful to Snappermail?
    A question to the guy who is writing this profile manager.

Am i correct in thinking that for each new verison of this program, the old one had to be uninstalled and the new one installed, therefore the profiles have to be re-created?

I am really interested in this proggy but this one issue, if true, puts me of using it somewhat.

Cheers
    Simon
    The guy just developed the prog a few days ago and its going through a few early revisions. Once he gets it down 90% correct, you probably won't even have to worry about new versions because the version you have will do all the basics.
    Chatter is not a full fleged email application. It does rather well, but all of the bells and whistles we find with programs like Snappermail are not there - especially the openinng/handeling of file attachments. If you wanna handle file attachments, use Snappermail or similar program. What Chatter does excell in is receiving your email in a real time manner. It does PUSH mail from an IMAP server supporting "IDLE." This specifically means that Chatter maintains an a continuous connection with the IMAP server. Links are support, attachments are not and will not be according to its author, Marc Blank.

In my situation, I forward email from one account to another and from it to an IMAP service (fastmail, as recommended by Marc Blank). The email on one server is deleted when it is forwarded; the email forwarded from the one going to fastmail stays on the server (not deleted).

When email reaches the IMAP server, it is "pushed" or fowarded to my Treo 600 as a function of Chatter's ability to maintain a connection with the IMAP server. Within about a minute or so of it hitting the IMAP server, it is forwarded to Chatter - this means that Chatter does not "poll" for mail. (Chatter does poll its server to determine its on-line status and that happens about every ten minutes or so).

Anyway, this capability allows me to receive my email during the day. In the morning, I forward email to fastmail and at the end of the day, I stop forwarding email to fastmail. Email is forwarded about 10 to 12 hours a day.

Chatter operates on the Treo 600 in the background and therefore does not significantly interfere with any application currently running. A popup message is displayed and action can be taken as needed.

More information may be obtained at:
    www.imchatter.com

Ben

=============

Originally posted by rosenft
    I am also looking forward to the next update of Profiles. Great program. The volume key concept is brilliant, too.

Regarding Chatter, what are the email capabilities? Is chatter useful to Snappermail?
  20.    #40  
    Version 0.04 of the Profiles application uploaded.

Major changes:
    - The application reworked to be a part of the system preference
    - Pressing & holding down the option button pops up/down a simple profile switcher

Enjoy!
    Milan
    Last edited by milan; 01/16/2004 at 06:43 PM.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast