Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I guess Milan is MIA, he hasn't posted since June
    I'm working hard on a new version :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    This is great news, can you give us any ideas as to what new features you might be adding? I still use your profiles program because it (along with being very useful) allows me to quickly select (holding down the menu button) which profile I want to use.
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    This is great news, can you give us any ideas as to what new features you might be adding? I still use your profiles program because it (along with being very useful) allows me to quickly select (holding down the menu button) which profile I want to use.
    I'm adding timed profiles, triggers (you can define profiles activated upon specific events in Treo like phone plugged in/out, specific time of the day...) and other stuff.
    Oh WOW, hey ... I have honestly missed your precense. You did so much more here than just Profiles!!! I mean, it was YOUR illustration of NoBackup's method that made my Treo useable

Have you just been busy or hiding? I haven't seen you at mytreo.net either? just waiting for the new Treo? did you see the pics that were posted last week?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Welcome back milan, I thought there was little to no hope of a scheduled/Timed profile manager after the guy making Profiler disappeared too. I've tried others and still use Simple Profile Manager because it just works.
    WAHOOO!!! Milan is back!! Nice to see you around again!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #367  
    New in this version:

- timed profiles added
    - profile triggers added
    - simple txt user guide added

I consider this version as a _VERY_ experimental :-) Only for brave ones!

Milan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wow!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    " _VERY_ experimental "

Alright!!! Can this be installed over version 0.18?
    I've installed the newest version over 0.18, and so far so good. Thanks Milan!
    Yeah I just installed over version 0.18. I couldn't wait. This is more then I expected Milan. The 'switchback' feature is nice. This must have been complicated to program because of all the types of setups that could conflict. How are you handling a situation where a timed profile called “Meeting” is set for 30min and is suppose to switch back to profile “Low Normal”? A Scheduled profile of “Loud Normal” has been set to trigger at 1:30pm, which is in 15min.

At 1:30 will the treo switch to “Loud Normal” and the timed session is nullified? Will the timed session push any scheduled trigger back until the timed session is over? Would the treo switch to “Loud Normal” at 1:30pm and then in 15min when the timed session is over switch to “Low Normal”?

How about if a timed session is set while in a timed session? I would think the first timed session is canceled and a new one is created. Does the act of switching to a profile while in a timed session cancel the timed session? This would work.

One small request, would it be possible to add something to the notify popup that let the user know a timed profile is set. Or have a small button in the switcher window to cancel timed session (and stay in current profile). Because of space constraints the button could just have the letter “C” and only be visible when in a timed session. I'm just looking for some way to know I'm in a timed profile session.

I know you have put a lot of work into this program and I’m very thankful Milan. I’ve been playing with version 0.19 and so far its been working great.
    I've installed it, and am thrilled! Great feature - timed sessions - am sure it will make it a fantastic addition
    RJuhl
    New in this version:

- timed profiles added
    - profile triggers added
    - simple txt user guide added

I consider this version as a _VERY_ experimental :-) Only for brave ones!

Milan
    I have been using SPM for a while and this makes it absolutely PERFECT! Timed profiles was the only thing it was missing before. I can't wait to use it this week to see how it handles my different needs every day.
    Awesome, thanks Milan. One thing though, it still forces me to use one of the builtin color schemes if I have the General category enabled in a profile. I prefer to customize the colors with Khroma. Perhaps you could put an entry called "Disabled" at the top of the list?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Any chance of getting a date / time display added to the profile notifier?
    would make a gret way of getting the current date/time by pressing only one button and so not unlocking the phone as the Profile notifier is visable after the first press while the keylock is still on.
    .no sig.
    So far, one of my timed profiles is not working correctly. It changes profiles at the correct time but not to the profile I have assigned. I'll see how it handles multiple changes today.

Edit: Three timed profiles have not worked correctly so far. One changed at the correct time (noted above) but not to the the profile I assigned. The other two did not change at all at the assigned time.
    Last edited by lb505; 09/13/2004 at 09:31 AM.
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapz
    Yeah I just installed over version 0.18. I couldn't wait. This is more then I expected Milan. The 'switchback' feature is nice. This must have been complicated to program because of all the types of setups that could conflict. How are you handling a situation where a timed profile called “Meeting” is set for 30min and is suppose to switch back to profile “Low Normal”? A Scheduled profile of “Loud Normal” has been set to trigger at 1:30pm, which is in 15min.

At 1:30 will the treo switch to “Loud Normal” and the timed session is nullified? Will the timed session push any scheduled trigger back until the timed session is over? Would the treo switch to “Loud Normal” at 1:30pm and then in 15min when the timed session is over switch to “Low Normal”?

How about if a timed session is set while in a timed session? I would think the first timed session is canceled and a new one is created. Does the act of switching to a profile while in a timed session cancel the timed session? This would work.

One small request, would it be possible to add something to the notify popup that let the user know a timed profile is set. Or have a small button in the switcher window to cancel timed session (and stay in current profile). Because of space constraints the button could just have the letter “C” and only be visible when in a timed session. I'm just looking for some way to know I'm in a timed profile session.

I know you have put a lot of work into this program and I’m very thankful Milan. I’ve been playing with version 0.19 and so far its been working great.
    This is exactly problem I'm trying to solve. How to handle all these conflicts between different triggers and timed profils. If you have time you can think about this. I would be glad when someone helps with this :-)

Milan
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapz

Once again to your question: the simple 'set' profile activation (non timed, a trigger with 'SetProfile' action and 'Never' as a 'Switch back' option) has the highest importance and every previously 'pushed' profile is 'fotgotten'. In the case of other 'pushed' profiles (either timed or with 'Switch back' condition other than 'Never') the latest profile push cancels the previous push. Example:

1. you set 'P1' as a current profile (not timed).This operation cancels any previous profile set or pushed.
    2. you set a timed profile 'P2' for lets say 5m.
    3. after 2m you set another timed profile 'P3' for another 5m. The 'P2' is cancelled and replaced.
    4. after 5m the 'P1' is restored back.

Profiles triggered with a trigger and with 'Switch back' other than 'Never' behave exactly the same way as timed profiles...

This policy will need to be changed probably to something more complex :-)

Milan
    Milan,

Nice to see you back, you have been missed. A great update, triggers were badly needed.

A problem I just noticed though:

I have a Sprint CDMA phone and when I use the call forwarding feature in Profiles it does not give me the forwarding icon that displays when I forward the calls manually. I never tried this in the older versions so I do not know if this is something new with version .19. Without the icon I do not know if my calls are being forwarded or not. Can you fix this?

Thanks
    ThirdType and I figured it out when were trying to help the guy making Profiler and then TC went down. He saved the thread but didn’t finish coding. I program too, but don’t know Palm techniques. I try to think of some logic for you.

Features and logic aside, the timed switchbacks work, but none of my scheduled triggers are working. The Treo turns on at the right time but doesn’t switch. The “PluggedIn” and PluggedOut” work though.

This is how I see it working…
    1. All scheduled triggers and events work how anyone would expect. The time/event fires and the profile is set.
    2. While in a timed session any scheduled switch is set as the switchback profile when the timed session ends. Example…

“Movie” is timed for 2 hours and is suppose to switch back to “Low Ring”. In 30min “BedTime” is scheduled. After 2 hours Profiles switches to “BedTime”
    If the movie ends early I manual switch to “Low Ring” or cancel the timed session Profiles doesn’t switch to anything. No matter how many triggers fire while in a timed session, the last triggered profile gets set as the switchback when the timed session finishes properly.

Think of it this way, if the timed session doesn’t run its course (i.e. setting a new session or manually switching to a profile), then no further processing of the session is done. All the user can do in a timed session is manually switch profiles or make another timed session. As soon as one of those two things happens, then the timed session is nullified.

Can you see any holes in this logic? That’s why I was asking for a “Cancel” button in the switching window.