Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 530
  1. #301  
    Originally posted by BP57
    oh for the love of mike!! thanks! i told you i was stupid . . .
    No one here is stupid BP; we're all here looking for and providing answers.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  2.    #302  
    0.18 posted.

    - no new features, maintenance (bug fixing) realease only.

    From now on I'm moving Profiles to PalmGear.com (http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=55044).

    Thank you for your support guys :-)

    Milan
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3. #303  
    Milan,

    Just tried this app for the first time. A fellow T6 owner friend had been going on about it. This is quite an impressive application! Thanks for creating it, and making it freeware.

    Regards

    -Ade-
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  4. #304  
    I too just tried it and have been very impressed so far. One question--is it possible to make the profile manager control all sounds, not just the ringtones? I'm using Callfilter and I'd like to create a profile called "Totally Silent" which would be just that--i.e. would prevent the MP3 I have set as a ringtone from playing. Is this possible now? If not, can this be added to the next version?

    Thanks,
    --Mathew
  5. #305  
    That seems to duplicate the top switch funcationality a little

    Personally I would like profiles to detect when the switch is in silent position and place itself in a chosen profile (including profile alerts etc) that way when you turn on you would get a visual alert that you were in silent mode (switched).
    .no sig.
  6. sda
    sda is offline
    sda's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    #306  
    Originally posted by mathewlu
    I too just tried it and have been very impressed so far. One question--is it possible to make the profile manager control all sounds, not just the ringtones? I'm using Callfilter and I'd like to create a profile called "Totally Silent" which would be just that--i.e. would prevent the MP3 I have set as a ringtone from playing. Is this possible now? If not, can this be added to the next version?

    Thanks,
    --Mathew
    Hey Matthew,

    I have had the same issue and have been in touch with the developer of Callfilter. The latest beta (which has not been made generally available) does appropriately silence the ringtones by allowing the Treo600 profile to have precedence in controlling the speaker. There are still a few other problems, however which the developer is trying to solve (such as allowing Favorites ringtones to take precedence over MP3 ring tones).

    Stay tuned. The developer is working feverishly to get out a released version with these and other updates.
  7. #307  
    milan-- A couple of questions. How do I delete Profiles from my Treo 600? And why call forwarding doesn't work with Profiles (I get an error message)? Thanks.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  8.    #308  
    Originally posted by m00se
    milan-- A couple of questions. How do I delete Profiles from my Treo 600? And why call forwarding doesn't work with Profiles (I get an error message)? Thanks.
    Simply go to launcher application, select 'Delete' from the menu a choose 'Profiles' as a application to be deleted...

    Milan
  9. #309  
    Originally posted by milan
    Simply go to launcher application, select 'Delete' from the menu a choose 'Profiles' as a application to be deleted...
    Milan
    I have the same problem (my launcher is Launcher X), and I made several attempts to delete Profiles but it does not work! Profiles stays on, and on.....
  10. #310  
    maybe it's not meant to be deleted because of its usefulness...lol
    why on earth you guys want to delete it? please share it with us.

    to milan,
    thanks for creating it. totaly awesome !!

    ~nunuknanak
  11. #311  
    Many times the add-on launchers have a difficult time deleting applications properly. A rule of thumb is to always use the regular default launcher that came with the Treo 600. Try deleting it with that and see if it works. I have never tried to delete the profiles app (I find it quite useful) so I cannot be certain that this will work, but its worth a shot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Schmoozer
    I have the same problem (my launcher is Launcher X), and I made several attempts to delete Profiles but it does not work! Profiles stays on, and on.....
  12. #312  
    I had to delete profiles by using filez. It wouldn't go away any other way for me.
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunuknanak
    maybe it's not meant to be deleted because of its usefulness...lol
    why on earth you guys want to delete it? please share it with us.
    There are other profile managers being developed and maybe some of us would like to delete Profiles to do proper testing on them, making sure they don't conflict with one another.

    Don't get me wrong, I do like Profiles a lot, and have been using it since milan first put it out, but with the "scheduling" feature currently being worked on on the other profile apps, I thought I'd give them a try.
  14. #314  
    Suggestion to Milan: please add an option to enable or disable keyboard backlighting within a profile.
  15. #315  
    Milan,

    Are you still currently working on the "simple profile manager" app, and do you have plans to update it anytime soon? I'm just wondering if it's still being worked on.


    Quote Originally Posted by milan
    Simply go to launcher application, select 'Delete' from the menu a choose 'Profiles' as a application to be deleted...

    Milan
  16. #316  
    hey Milan: great application. Any chances of u including a scheduler (turn on and off certain profiles at predetermined times)??
    PJ
  17. #317  
    Sorry in advance if this sounds stupid:
    I have downloaded and installed this app, but I cannot find it on my palm. It is there if I look under "info" for apps, or under FileZ. How do I launch/run this app? I am using a Print/CDMA phone if that matters.
  18. #318  
    This loads as a new preference panel. You should be able to find it by going to system preferences; it should show up as a new choice in the dropdown box along with general, network, display, etc.
  19. #319  
    When we power on the Treo 600, the notifier displays the mode. Is it possible to reduce the pop out time?
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Milan,

    Are you still currently working on the "simple profile manager" app, and do you have plans to update it anytime soon? I'm just wondering if it's still being worked on.
    Yes I plan to update the app soon ;-) My Treo has been stolen and it did take some time to have a new one.

    Milan

Posting Permissions