Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Profiles is a fabulous... the updates are excellent.

In a later version of Profiles it would be nice to be able to enable / disable Lightwav.... or generally be able to control Lightwav. I'm sure there are a lots of people who would benefit if the two applications played nicely together. Since the Lightwav developer is an active member of TreoCentral, I'll bet he could be convinced to cooperate.

Keep up the fantastic work!!!! Great Program!
    Pardon a GSM user here.
    I'm curious, what does the 'IM' profile under 'sound' do?
    I know it refers to Instant Messaging, but specifically which app does it affect?

Does it control 3rd party apps like verichat?
    Or is there an inbuilt IM app for non-GSM T600s?
    Yes can anyone confirm that the "sms, mail, and im" actually work? With snapermail and verichat or chatter? the sound I get is only the sound I set in chatter or snappermail no matter what profile I'm in...
    I recently downloaded and installed version .17 and wow, what can I say, quality piece of work! Good job milan! Here's my observation:
    1. it interferes with treo alert manager alarms
    2. "service tone" in sounds for a profile is always "off". even if you change it to "on", it goes back to "off"

Aside from those problems, everything's peachy! Keep it up milan, looking forward to more revisions.
    This is a great tool specially in areas where coverage is not good where you need to forward your calls (and do not forget that you have forwarded when you leave the area). Nevertheless I have one concern and one suggestion

Concern :
    Crash after one or two days of utlisation. Messge "Phone not powered up" displaying
    Requires a warm reset but Profile does not work anymore from OPTION button AND the keyboard is switched to QWERTY
    Going back to AZERTY requires a hard rest

Suggestion :
    Add date and time on the notification window
    Alain
    AT LAST I can post my comment (for some reason I haven't got my acount activation notification )
    anyway..... GREAT JOB MILAN I think is what most of people want for Treo.

I have one more question for you milan.... what programming language do you use ?
    I'm a programmer and I'm very curious.....

Thanks...

geok_2002@yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Treog600_geok
    I have one more question for you milan.... what programming language do you use ?
    Palm is programmed in C. (period).
    The only other language you could use is Java, but I don't know if you can make the approiate API calls through Java.

digidep
    Originally posted by digidep
    How does NS Basic fit into this scheme of yours?
  9.    #289  
    Originally posted by Treog600_geok
    AT LAST I can post my comment (for some reason I haven't got my acount activation notification )
    anyway..... GREAT JOB MILAN I think is what most of people want for Treo.

Thanks...

geok_2002@yahoo.com
    I'm using C (Metrowerks CodeWarrior for Palm)

Milan
    Originally posted by snerdy

How does NS Basic fit into this scheme of yours?
    can you use the Treo's API with this??

digidep

The only other language you could use is Java, but I don't know if you can make the approiate API calls through Java.

digidep
    Um, no......

Quartus Forth also compiles into native code.
    Originally posted by wcarlson40

Um, no......

Quartus Forth also compiles into native code.

digidep

digidep
    Yep.
    It's also programmable in Visual Basic. An before you ask, I have no idea if you can access the API, although I would think so.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  15. sda
    It's amazing that nothing has been posted here in 4 days. I'm sure we're all looking forward to whatever comes next. Keep up the good work Milan.
    This thing is top-drawer

Any chance including a preview of the screen settings when you define profiles so you can see what each looks like when you set the schemes?
    :menu: :menu:
    Originally posted by rosenft
    I wish Profiles could control whether LightWav is enabled or disabled.
    the only thing that I still need is to be able to control whether lightwav is enabled or disabled. Since I have a profile for mp3 tones where all the other system sounds are set to silent. and I have to manually go into lightwav to disable it if a profile with midi tones is turned on (otherwise they both ring)

Thanks
    what in the world am i missing?? i can't seem to figure out how to launch this application. there is no icon anywhere. god, i feel stupid. i know its there, i saw it in my file manager and it does "something" when i hold the alt key down.
    Originally posted by BP57
    what in the world am i missing?? i can't seem to figure out how to launch this application. there is no icon anywhere. god, i feel stupid. i know its there, i saw it in my file manager and it does "something" when i hold the alt key down.
    BP57, if you've already hotsynced the file to your phone..... all you need to do is open the application "Prefs" that came installed on your Treo when you bought it. In the top right corner there is a pull down menue. Pull it down and near the bottum of the list there is something that says "Profiles." Choose it and you'll see what everyone is talking about.
    oh for the love of mike!! thanks! i told you i was stupid . . .