Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    If the 'option key' check box is selected in Prefs for 'Switcher' there are no problems with press and hold for Option Key launching the 'Switcher' popup. Press and Hold for Shift and/or Menu do nothing as they should.

BUT, if the 'option key' check box is NOT selected in Prefs for 'Switcher' all three keys cause a reset when pressed and held. (On my device, this occurs when no check boxes are selected in Prefs. Haven't tried other combinations) And it continues to occur after the reset as well, until I re-select the 'option key' check box, and then intentionally perform a soft reset. Then and only then do the resets stop. But if I then de-select the 'option key' check box again, the resets recur.
    This application gets better every revision. However, it still does not supress vibration for DateBook5 alarms. Would it help if I asked the DBK5 developer about his alarm notification system?

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    This is great. Thanks!
    The "StayOnWhenPlugIn" feature doesn't work for me. I'm on version 0.17 installed on a GSM Treo. Before this I was using OnCradleOn utility which worked flawlessly. I've uninstalled OnCradleOn just to make sure it wasn't conflicting with Profiles but it gave me the same result. Help appreciated...
    Nice app! have a problem though. Sprint with 1.1 update installed. after soft reset, all system preferences (vol, ring tones , color etc) are lost and revert to default. Deleted Profiles .17 and all is fine. I'll try an older version of Profiles.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    If the 'option key' check box is selected in Prefs for 'Switcher' there are no problems with press and hold for Option Key launching the 'Switcher' popup. Press and Hold for Shift and/or Menu do nothing as they should.

BUT, if the 'option key' check box is NOT selected in Prefs for 'Switcher' all three keys cause a reset when pressed and held. (On my device, this occurs when no check boxes are selected in Prefs. Haven't tried other combinations) And it continues to occur after the reset as well, until I re-select the 'option key' check box, and then intentionally perform a soft reset. Then and only then do the resets stop. But if I then de-select the 'option key' check box again, the resets recur.
    Aha! Thanks for the workaround...
    I've found an issue with 0.17 and custom color themes. I prefer to use Autumn with a white background done via Colorize. With 0.17 it blows away my color selections when I switch profiles and have 'General' checked
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Nice app! have a problem though. Sprint with 1.1 update installed. after soft reset, all system preferences (vol, ring tones , color etc) are lost and revert to default. Deleted Profiles .17 and all is fine. I'll try an older version of Profiles.
    Doesn't happen to me. Sprint 1.1 and PM 0.17, also.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by Rob600
    I've found an issue with 0.17 and custom color themes. I prefer to use Autumn with a white background done via Colorize. With 0.17 it blows away my color selections when I switch profiles and have 'General' checked
    PM won't save your 'Colorize' settings; only saves Treo Preferences/General/Autumn. Possible conflict between PM, Colorize and Treo Preferences.
    PM won't save your 'Colorize' settings; only saves Treo Preferences/General/Autumn. Possible conflict between PM, Colorize and Treo Preferences.
    Right, but it used to not interfere with what you had set, at least after arond 0.08 or so(?). PM would simply leave the theme/colors alone and not touch them. Now if you select General you will be forced into a canned theme/color.

It would be nice if there were a checkbox next to the color theme to set it or not.
    Yes I agree. The theme setting is sort of forced.

Originally posted by Rob600

Right, but it used to not interfere with what you had set, at least after arond 0.08 or so(?). PM would simply leave the theme/colors alone and not touch them. Now if you select General you will be forced into a canned theme/color.

It would be nice if there were a checkbox next to the color theme to set it or not.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    I've bumped into this problem with 0.17

I edit a profile and select a new set of colors. If I press OK, I soft reset.
    If I pick something else from the dropdown list (Display, Sounds, etc), and then select okay, I do not soft reset.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    I wish Profiles could control whether LightWav is enabled or disabled.
  14. sda
    Any new updates? The last one I've seen is 0.17....
  15.    #275  
    Originally posted by sda
    Any new updates? The last one I've seen is 0.17....
    I was quite busy a few last days. Other versions are coming, be patient... :-)
    I asked about a silencing program (silence the Treo during set times) and somebody mentioned this profile manager; is there any chance of adding timers to this program? For instance let's say you had classes on MWF from 10 to 2 and TTH from 2 to 4; you could set up a profile called "classes" that would automatically silence the Treo during just those times. Any chance of adding something like this?

I've been embarrased to yell at my students never to have their phones on during my lectures only to have my own Treo go off.

Thanks,
    --Mathew
  17. sda
    Originally posted by milan

I was quite busy a few last days. Other versions are coming, be patient... :-)
    No problem....I patiently await the next updates. You've done outstanding work. I'm not badgering...I was just curious as to whether I might have missed something.
  18.    #278  
    Originally posted by mathewlu
    I asked about a silencing program (silence the Treo during set times) and somebody mentioned this profile manager; is there any chance of adding timers to this program? For instance let's say you had classes on MWF from 10 to 2 and TTH from 2 to 4; you could set up a profile called "classes" that would automatically silence the Treo during just those times. Any chance of adding something like this?

I've been embarrased to yell at my students never to have their phones on during my lectures only to have my own Treo go off.

Thanks,
    --Mathew
    For future releases I'm planning to add a system of 'triggers'. One should be able to set up a set of rules which activates/deactivates a given profile. The rules are like:

1. Treo plugged in/unplugged
    2. a timer based trigger (activate a given profile for next n hours...)
    3. a time based trigger (activate a given profile at given time for a certain amount of time...)
    4. a profile is triggered according data in Datebook (I'm not sure if it's possible yet...)

Milan

For future releases I'm planning to add a system of 'triggers'. One should be able to set up a set of rules which activates/deactivates a given profile. The rules are like:

3. a time based trigger (activate a given profile at given time for a certain amount of time...)
    4. a profile is triggered according data in Datebook (I'm not sure if it's possible yet...)

Milan
    That sounds perfect; really looking forward to it.

Thanks,
    --Mathew

Milan
    Can you please allow for the case where the duration in the above (e.g. "for the next n hours" or "for a certain amount of time") includes the case of "until another automatic or manual change occurs" ?

I like the Radio Control program specifically because it allows you to set an "On" time without having to specify an "Off" time. I like to turn my phone Off manually at night and then have Radio Control turn it On automatically in the morning. The reason is that I never know quite how late I will need the phone on (e.g. I might go to bed really late some nights, or I might even want the phone to stay on all night), but I know that I always want the phone to be on at a certain time in the morning (even if it did stay on all night).

So please allow for the case where I want to change to a particular profile at a certain time, and want it to stay on that profile either for a specified amount of time, or until the next time it is changed either manually or automatically. I expect this will be a very easy case to handle (as you don't need to set the end timer).

Thanks,

-- Rod