Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Oh, I might as well add another report on ver 0.15 whilst I'm at it. I believe simple profiles is responsible for Ptunes NOT redirecting sound through the headphones. The music comes out through the speaker. I need to do a soft reset before I use Ptunes. After a soft reset, ptunes can redirect sound out though the headphones. This is ver. 15. I haven't tried ver. 16 yet. Milan, are there any other fixes in ver 16 besides the CDMA call forwarding fix? If not, I'll wait for ver 17.
  2.    #242  
    Originally posted by tuen

Hi Milan, Thanks for another update. Just a quick question. Do I still have to delete the profiles database before upgrading to 0.16? It's quite a hassle to have to keep reconfiguring all my profiles. If, in theory, there's no need to to this and I can just install the new version over the old one, do let me know. Of course, if there are problems, I'll know to reinstall clean, but at least I can give it a try without deleting my profiles, if at all theoretically possible.

Thanks!

Justin
    No, you don't have to delete the Profiles database prior the installation of the last version. Profiles should upgrade the database when necessary automatically (if there is no bug :-) )...
    Man first off this app is the shiznit! Anyway a few minor bugs:

1 I have my email and I.M. tone set to a certain ringer through profiles but when i receive an im (chatter) or email (snappermail) or sms, it uses the default or current tone that is set in chatter no matter what profile I'm in. Do I turn my Chatter or Snapper tones off? Which program overrides the other?

2 Also is there anyway you can have an "alert me of new voicemail, mms & I.M."? Not just emails and sms.

3 How about a nagging feature something like treo alert manager (persistent, user defined, timed reminder for unanswered alarms, email, sms, missed call, voicemail, etc.) would be great. For instance when I get an email or sms the "alert" box pops up and I can choose ok, go to and snooze. well when I press snooze it closes & that little blinking box appears in the upper left corner. Then the message pops back up if I don't look at it. Well what if when the alert pops up and after say 1 minute I don't manually do anything, it automatically presses snooze. Then keeps auto-snoozing every minute or whatever until I check the message or press goto or ok.

4 (not a biggie One more thing; I have standard ringtones set for all profiles but sometimes while in "Normal" profile I like to go to main phone-sounds app (not through profiles) and change the ringtone to whatever is desirable for that moment. But when the phone soft resets, it goes back to default "normal" tone. I'd like it to survive the reset. I have so many ringtones I couldn't possibly be able to create that many separate profiles forthem. From time totime I just want to change only the ringtone & have it survive a soft reset.

I hope all that isn't too confusing. I would love the nagging feature especially!

Thanx for all you tireless work.
    Last edited by treoneo; 02/04/2004 at 04:50 AM.
    Hey Milan, any chance of incorporating the top wireless on/off (light tap) as a means to bring up the profile switcher?

Option gets in the way sometimes when you hold on to it too long in a key combo (eg. paging down in memopad list view).

Menu hold is currently being used by treobutler to call the command function in my case.
    maybe with the return key, but probablt not that the wireless key
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    maybe with the return key, but probablt not that the wireless key
    any idea why?
    because if you press it, the phone turns off
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    because if you press it, the phone turns off
    Yes, but that would indicate a possibility to alter the function; just like the rightmost screen on/off app button.
    Milan:

This is truly a great app. I've happily paid for apps that do less. so do let me know how I can pay you something for this one.

I also have a suggestion for another feature (don't you just LOVE us greedy B*stards ).

Anyway, while playing around with color schemes today, it occurred to me it would be great if I could assign a different color scheme to different profiles. What I'm thinking, in particular, is that I'd like to keep the screen and keyboard on in my car at night, while plugged into the charger, but even on the dimmest screen setting it's sometimes too bright. If I could ALSO set the color scheme to chocolate, or nostalgia, as part of my car/night profile, it would be nearly perfect.

(If I could choose wallpaper as part of the profile that WOULD be perfect, I think).

Anyway, thanks for a truly wonderful piece of work.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    ...it would be great if I could assign a different color scheme to different profiles...
    I'll second that. Great idea!
    I was disappointed when this functionality wasn't included in my Treo, and I don't think a day went by that I didn't wish I had a 3-way switch between silent, vibrant and ring. Your software has done that, and a whole lot more. This is fantastic!

I agree that you should at a minimum open a paypal account so people can make contributions to you for your work.

One important suggestion: Please put some simple instructions into your original post. It took me 10 minutes to sort through all these postings to find out I could launch the app by holding down the "option" button, and I had to figure out on my own how to launch the program in the first place (after install, press the house button on the phone, select Prefs, select Profiles).

(If I could choose wallpaper as part of the profile that WOULD be perfect, I think).
    OK, I lied.

I spent a bunch of time in my car last night, with the phone, and came up with a few new ideas. What would really make the app perfect, for me (at least until I think up something else ) would be the following:

1. An option to force the keyboard lights to stay on. Ideally, by themselves, without the screen on.

If the keyboard can be turned on w/o the screen, this would let me keep the keyboard on at night so it was easy to see to make a call, without the distraction of the brighter screen. I think this IS possible, because I've noticed that TreoAlertMgr lights up the keyboard briefly at the interval I've selected, without turning on the screen.

2. If the keys can't be controlled w/o the screen, then an option to do an "automatic Opt-P." In other words, keep the keyboard lit whenever the screen is on.

3. The option to assign a color scheme as part of a profile. This will be especially useful if #1 can't be done.

Thanks again for an app well done, and for incorporating so many of the suggestions made on this list.
    Bob Meyer

OK, I lied.

I spent a bunch of time in my car last night, with the phone, and came up with a few new ideas. What would really make the app perfect, for me (at least until I think up something else ) would be the following:

1. An option to force the keyboard lights to stay on. Ideally, by themselves, without the screen on.

If the keyboard can be turned on w/o the screen, this would let me keep the keyboard on at night so it was easy to see to make a call, without the distraction of the brighter screen. I think this IS possible, because I've noticed that TreoAlertMgr lights up the keyboard briefly at the interval I've selected, without turning on the screen.

2. If the keys can't be controlled w/o the screen, then an option to do an "automatic Opt-P." In other words, keep the keyboard lit whenever the screen is on.

3. The option to assign a color scheme as part of a profile. This will be especially useful if #1 can't be done.

Thanks again for an app well done, and for incorporating so many of the suggestions made on this list.
    HiLauncher 2.0 can do # 2. Keeps KB lights on until toggled back off; puts display to maximum dim. I use it all the time. One can configure the key press for the toggle, but it must be done from the HiLauncher menu. Does not conflict with mLights.
    But, is there a way to keep the profile name from displaying every single time I turn the screen back on?
  15.    #255  
    Profiles 0.17 posted

- General/Colors popup added (Color theme support).
    - Display/Light mode popup added.

Milan
    Last edited by milan; 02/25/2004 at 12:53 PM.
  16.    #256  
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    But, is there a way to keep the profile name from displaying every single time I turn the screen back on?
    Yes. Goto 'Prefs/Profiles' and then press menu button and select 'Preferences' from the menu. Uncheck 'Enable active profile notifier'...

Milan
    Ahoj Milan,

D?kuji... great app, simple and nice to use. Just downloaded version .17, works great no problems at all.

Well done mate.

A bit OT: Do you by any chance know where I can find info on the format used by PDB files (i.e. the field layout for the different files used by the builtin apps). I downloaded the handspring dev manuals but didn't find anything there, and I'd like to write a applet to extract SMS messages.

Thanks, Arild
    Originally posted by milan
    Profiles 0.17 posted

- General/Colors popup added (Color theme support).
    - Display/Light mode popup added.

Milan
    Geez, man, talk about instant gratification! You're amazing.

Thanks again,
    Bob Meyer
    milan:

This application just keeps getting better and better. Super job!

If you are up to it, I have a few more requests.

1. Make an option to change the profiles based on time. (ex Day and Night)

2. I think that this has been requested before, but if you could get information from the calendar and based on the category of the appointment you could have the profile change. This would be excellent!

Also, what are your plans for the future of this applicaiton? If you are not planning to charge for it, could you post your paypal info. I'm sure there would be a few people that would like to thank you montarily including myself.

digidep
    man you are a godsend milan. thanx for your hard work. this program is indispensible! i liked te fact that you added the ability to change color themes now. one little request. there are a bunch of themes i use in khroma that don't show up in the general colors. i have to manually go to khroma to do this. anyway to use colors from khroma in your profiles app? thanx.