Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Originally posted by milan

Are you sure you have everything set up correctly with your provider?
    What do you mean by this? I can use the call forwarding option that is in the "prefs" tab. is there any special configuration I need to set up?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  2.    #222  
    Originally posted by Fittske

What do you mean by this? I can use the call forwarding option that is in the "prefs" tab. is there any special configuration I need to set up?
    :-) the problem is I don't know how your (CDMA) 'prefs' tab looks like. The error you got during the try to set up call forwarding using Profiles translated to normal language means 'Operation not supported'. Before I will try to fix a programming error I need to know that IT IS a programming error and not a configuration one. That's why it is important what you referred back to me...

Milan
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Milan,

do you need a screen shot? Will that help?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  4.    #224  
    Originally posted by Fittske
    Milan,

do you need a screen shot? Will that help?
    No,I don't need it at the moment. Importnant information is you can forward all calls to a number specified in the prefs tab, it means all you Sprint/or whatever is your network, are correct.

We have to wait till somebody from Handspring development support answer my question...

Milan
  5.    #225  

No,I don't need it at the moment. Importnant information is you can forward all calls to a number specified in the prefs tab, it means all you Sprint/or whatever is your network, are correct.

We have to wait till somebody from Handspring development support answer my question...

Milan
    ...means all your Sprint/or whatever is your network is, settings, are...
    on a sprint treo 600 there is not a pref for call forwarding..

under profiles i get:

phnLibSetForwarding
    err: 16415

when setting it to manage call forwarding.

I'm going to have to say that call forwarding it not an option under the sprint phone (not saying that sprint doesn't have call forwarding, because they do, but it's not implemented thru a preference on the phone, rather thru dialing a sequence of numbers, kinda like a landline)

I think it's going to have to go by the way of palm alarms on the phone/pda (like in bob's alarm). It just doesn't work. oh well.

Still an excellent app, thanks milan.

digidep
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Getting this error when entering and exiting the Profile pref panel and when exiting any config dialog.

"DmFindRecordByID() Err:536"
    Don't mean to sound difficult, but no matter what I do I still get this error. I assure you there is no trace of profiles.prc or profiles db or the a68k file on my device. Used FileZ, Uninstall, Cleanup. Hard reset, re-installed. I can install it after a hard reset and lose the error, as long as I do not add any apps back in. Obviously there's a conflict somewhere, just cannot figure out where. Help...

UPDATE: I was able to tease this other error out of it: "Can't find profile record"

Hope that clues you in.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/26/2004 at 07:01 PM.
  8.    #228  

...means all your Sprint/or whatever is your network is, settings, are...
    Yes, thank you :-)))
    In the current version of profiles.prc, each of the drop down selections has a check box to the right of it. What does this checkbox do?

I thought it would indicate whether profiles managed that particular feature or not, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I had keyguard turned off in a particular profile, then unchecked the keyguard checkbox for that particular profile.

But when I chose that profile, it disabled keyguard anyway.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Solved the problem: i upgraded to version .15

since installing profiles manager, my headphones no longer work when using ptunes. I apologize if this was already posted already.

Is there something i need to change in settings

Thanks
    Last edited by jdavid; 01/28/2004 at 02:23 PM.

Don't mean to sound difficult, but no matter what I do I still get this error. I assure you there is no trace of profiles.prc or profiles db or the a68k file on my device. Used FileZ, Uninstall, Cleanup. Hard reset, re-installed. I can install it after a hard reset and lose the error, as long as I do not add any apps back in. Obviously there's a conflict somewhere, just cannot figure out where. Help...

UPDATE: I was able to tease this other error out of it: "Can't find profile record"

Hope that clues you in.
    Milan,

Can you give any ideas about what is wrong here? The problem seems to be that Profiles is looking for a particular database and it is either corrupt or missing. For example, what DBs does it look for on launch? TIA.
  12.    #232  

Milan,

Can you give any ideas about what is wrong here? The problem seems to be that Profiles is looking for a particular database and it is either corrupt or missing. For example, what DBs does it look for on launch? TIA.
    It's really strange. There is only one database used by Profiles app: ProfilesDB where all your profiles are stored. Then there is a application 'unsaved' preference record, stored in a system database where all applications can put their preference data. This database is not backed up during the hotsync process (thats why it's called 'unsaved'). Profiles app stores an ID of the active profile there and in your case this ID became somehow invalid, it doesn't point to an existing profile in the ProfilesDB database. I will look in to this later today...

Milan
  13.    #233  

Milan,

One more thing: When you go to Prefs and select Profiles from popup list and set one of your profiles (tapping on 'Set' button) are you still getting this error message next time you open Profiles app?

Milan

One more thing: When you go to Prefs and select Profiles from popup list and set one of your profiles (tapping on 'Set' button) are you still getting this error message next time you open Profiles app?

Milan
    Yes, that's exactly what happens. And it happens when exiting one of the configuration dialogs pages when returning to the main dialog.
  15.    #235  

Yes, that's exactly what happens. And it happens when exiting one of the configuration dialogs pages when returning to the main dialog.
    ok. I need to know if you press the 'Set' button. This should overide the current (wrong) profile id in the preference database with a valid id pointing to an existing profile.

Milan

ok. I need to know if you press the 'Set' button. This should overide the current (wrong) profile id in the preference database with a valid id pointing to an existing profile.

Milan
    Sorry I did not respond to that specific request before.

1. If I press 'set' the problem still occurs (all check boxes in every config dialog checked, but no profiles set up, i.e., the title box is empty. This is the default configuration when Profiles is initailly installed)
    2. If I uncheck all check boxes in every config dialog and create a new pref, the error disappears!

I think the problem is this:

The default configuration for Profiles when first installed is that all config dialog check boxes are checked, but everything else is blank: no profiles, no preferences set. This, on my device, is causing these erorrs. I will look into this further, because something tells me there is still more to it.

Does this help to explain what's going on? And should the default configuration be something instead of nothing. i.e., specifically the current configuration of each category prior to installation of Profiles?

UPDATE: Holding the option key down to bring up notifier causes a reset regardless of how notifier is configured in Preferences, and also if notifier is totally disabled.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/29/2004 at 12:52 PM.
  17.    #237  

Sorry I did not respond to that specific request before.

1. If I press 'set' the problem still occurs (all check boxes in every config dialog checked, but no profiles set up, i.e., the title box is empty. This is the default configuration when Profiles is initailly installed)
    2. If I uncheck all check boxes in every config dialog and create a new pref, the error disappears!

I think the problem is this:

The default configuration for Profiles when first installed is that all config dialog check boxes are checked, but everything else is blank: no profiles, no preferences set. This, on my device, is causing these erorrs. I will look into this further, because something tells me there is still more to it.

Does this help to explain what's going on? And should the default configuration be something instead of nothing. i.e., specifically the current configuration of each category prior to installation of Profiles?

UPDATE: Holding the option key down to bring up notifier causes a reset regardless of how notifier is configured in Preferences, and also if notifier is totally disabled.
    I don't know what's going on on your Treo :-) but I'm suspect that you somehow managed to delete ProfilesDB but not Profiles preference stored in the system prefs. database. The only cure I see at the moment is (if you see any error messages like you decribed just ignore them):

1. Open Profiles preference panel (Prefs/Profiles)
    2. Select 'New'
    3. Press 'Ok' (You should see 'Untitled' profile - if you didn't give it another name)
    4. Select this profile and select 'Set'

By the step no.4 you should reset Profiles preference record to a valid state. After this procedure you shouldn't see the error message anymore. Let me know if this worked...

Milan

I don't know what's going on on your Treo :-) but I'm suspect that you somehow managed to delete ProfilesDB but not Profiles preference stored in the system prefs. database. The only cure I see at the moment is (if you see any error messages like you decribed just ignore them):

1. Open Profiles preference panel (Prefs/Profiles)
    2. Select 'New'
    3. Press 'Ok' (You should see 'Untitled' profile - if you didn't give it another name)
    4. Select this profile and select 'Set'

By the step no.4 you should reset Profiles preference record to a valid state. After this procedure you shouldn't see the error message anymore. Let me know if this worked...

Milan
    Yes, I think you're correct about the Profiles DB. You're 4 steps is more or less what I had described in my previous post. That worked! It's fixed. A thousand thanks...

But this problem remains:

Pressing and holding down the option key to bring up notifier causes a reset regardless of how notifier is configured in Preferences, and it also resets if notifier is totally disabled. Just the presense of profiles.prc in RAM seems to cause this, because if I delete profiles.prc the option button press and hold deos not cause a reset. Also happens with menu button.

UPDATE: Somehow profiles.prc was corrupted, perhaps because of the repeated errors. I deleted it, reinstalled it, and now it's fine. Thanks.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/31/2004 at 04:49 PM.
  19.    #239  
    0.16 posted

- CDMA call forwarding fixed
    - Beam Receive fixed
    Attached Files Attached Files
    0.16 posted

- CDMA call forwarding fixed
    - Beam Receive fixed
    Hi Milan, Thanks for another update. Just a quick question. Do I still have to delete the profiles database before upgrading to 0.16? It's quite a hassle to have to keep reconfiguring all my profiles. If, in theory, there's no need to to this and I can just install the new version over the old one, do let me know. Of course, if there are problems, I'll know to reinstall clean, but at least I can give it a try without deleting my profiles, if at all theoretically possible.

Thanks!

Justin