Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Milan,

Any luck on getting the call forwarding option working for the CDMA treo?

Fittske
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Great to see the new 0.14.

It works everywhere, but it still doesn't mute the vibrations in DateBook5.

Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  3.    #203  
    Originally posted by Fittske
    Milan,

Any luck on getting the call forwarding option working for the CDMA treo?

Fittske
    I still haven't got any response from Handspring development support. If you want to help me to make CDMA forwarding work, I can send you several probes :-) - special testing versions of the app - until we find the one which work on your phone.

Milan
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Sure I would be glad to help!!!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    I am using profile manager .14 with Verichat. I've used the Mute All feature and when set, the phone still vibrates when an IM comes through. Basically I would normally like it to vibrate when an im comes in, but like everything else, when I select the "Silent" profile, i dont want it to ring or vibrate.

Is there any fix around this?
  6.    #206  
    Originally posted by jdavid
    I am using profile manager .14 with Verichat. I've used the Mute All feature and when set, the phone still vibrates when an IM comes through.

Is there any fix around this?
    The mute function controls Treo's sound system only. I'm going to check what can be done with the vibrator :-)

Milan
    Thanks Milan!

Keep up the great work.

Regards,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Getting this error when entering and exiting the Profile pref panel and when exiting any config dialog.

"DmFindRecordByID() Err:536"
  9.    #209  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Getting this error when entering and exiting the Profile pref panel and when exiting any config dialog.

"DmFindRecordByID() Err:536"
    You have to reinstall (I mean to delete the application and then install the actual version) Profiles app to solve the problem.

Milan
    Originally posted by milan

You have to reinstall (I mean to delete the application and then install the actual version) Profiles app to solve the problem.

Milan
    I did that. Also removed the a68k file. There was no trace of it anywhere.
    This latest release caused a weird thing to happen with my Treo. While listening to a book on Audible using my headphones, I did a profiles change. All of a sudden my headphones stopped working and all sound was coming out of the phone speaker. The only way to get them to work again was a soft reset. I repeated the process and again, my headphones stopped working. Next, I put on Ptunes with the headphones, did a profile change and my headphones cut out again. (all sound was coming out external speaker.)

I reinstalled the previous version of Profiles and now everything is fine again.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This is a really cool application and i just love it. Works very well (so far, at least). Please keep us posted on any updates.

Few suggestions:
    - Make it into a completely launch-able application. This way we can assign a short cut for it, rather than having to assign a short cut for the Prefs.
    - It would be great if there's a symbol showing on the main phone screen indicating that the phone is on Silent. Nokia and other regular mobiles have that.
    - It would also be great if you could have the name of teh profile chosen on teh phone screen (permenantly).

Good work.

W
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What is the difference between the two options: Switcher (through Option Key) and Activated By (Through Menu Key). When i activate both option i get the same list of profiles when i click option or menu for two seconds. What is the difference between the two options?

Thanks
    Originally posted by whajj
    This is a really cool application and i just love it. Works very well (so far, at least). Please keep us posted on any updates.

Few suggestions:
    - Make it into a completely launch-able application. This way we can assign a short cut for it, rather than having to assign a short cut for the Prefs.
    - It would be great if there's a symbol showing on the main phone screen indicating that the phone is on Silent. Nokia and other regular mobiles have that.
    - It would also be great if you could have the name of teh profile chosen on teh phone screen (permenantly).

Good work.

W
    the app already is launchabe: just press and hold the Option key (or you can also configure the menu key to do the same thing).

If you want to set up the various configurations of the app, doing so through the Prefs menu is just fine in my opinion...no need to make it a standalone app. Once you've set your configurations, all you really want to be able to do is to select between the various profiles...that's what the press&hold of the option key does.
    What about a profile for leaving the lighting on for when it is in the car at night?
    Hi Milan,

This latest version seems to work fine with Treo Alert manager. It's finally managed to silence AM without crashing. It handles alerts for Snapper mail, SMS and phone calls (haven't tested Agendus yet). But it also stops AM from vibrating sometimes. I notice that AM vibrates for missed phone calls, but not for SMSes.
  17.    #217  
    Is there anybody with a CDMA Treo 600 using Profiles? I need Volunteers who will try to use Profiles call forwarding option.

Thank you
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hi there Milan,

I tesed the .prc file you sent me and the only error I found was:

PhnLibSetForwarding
    Err:16415

Does this help?
    My Phone history.....
  19.    #219  
    0.15 posted.

Jan 27, 2004: 0.15

- CDMA call forwarding fixes
    - Stay On When Powered implemented
    - other fixes

Milan
    Attached Files Attached Files
  20.    #220  
    Originally posted by Fittske
    Hi there Milan,

I tesed the .prc file you sent me and the only error I found was:

PhnLibSetForwarding
    Err:16415

Does this help?
    Thank you for your feedback.

Are you sure you have everything set up correctly with your provider? Can you forward all your calls to a given number using your Treo 600 Phone prefs? I can't do much more on my side, I have a CDMA simulator only and it says 'Phone not powered/registered' when I try to test CDMA network capabilities.

Milan