1.    #1  
    Love the 600 so far (SPrint). One thing - my sanyo 8100 took ok pics but the Treo is AWFUL. I turn on the camera and it is totally grainy, dark, blurry. Even if I wait for focus or try a well lit area it is totally useless - cannot make out anything and it is so grainy.

1) Dumb question - is there a plastic film over the camera lens like there is over the main screen on delivery? I do not want to scratch the lens trying to peel one off is there is not one...

2) Anyone else had this problem - maybe mine is defective?

Thx, JSJSJS
    a bit of cleaning on the lens does help a lot sometimes...
    It really helps to wait a sec to let the camera focus before you snap and use good light.

I took a pic the other day and printed it off and it's good enough to use on the family Christmas card.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    The camera on the phone is no Kodak digital - but I find that, for quick images on the fly, it's quite acceptable.

One thing I've learned, though, is that what our comrade above says is true - give the phone a moment to focus on the image before snapping one. An extra 4 or 5 seconds has made a tremendous difference for me on several occassions. Also - lighting makes a huge difference. Extremes of light or dark on either end tend to wash the images out.

As with many things, practice helps. The first few pics I took with my camera sucked - but it wound up being my fault, rather than the phone's.

Don't give up on it - it's a cool little camera, and it's always there. That's the coolest thing about it.
    Scott
    Don't judge the pictures by what you see on the phone. The low resolution screen doesn't do them justice. Upload them to the computer and they will look a lot better. They still won't be the greatest but they aren't half bad.

And GeekyMom is right. Depending on the lighting you may need to wait a few seconds to take a picture or take one almost instantly.