1.    #1  
    I'm trying to compare T-Mobile and Sprint cell phone plans for my enterprise. I started out assuming that Sprint plans would be superior but the numbers keep coming out in favor of T-Mobile.

Has anyone else run a comparison? I'm not sure that I correctly understand Sprint's vision plan options and I know that it probably varies from region to region but I'd love to compare notes.

For example, a 1000 minute T-Mobile plan with the $19.95 unlimited internet (yes, I know T-Zones would only be $4.95) comes to $59.94 a month. An 1100 minutes Sprint plan with a $15.00 vision plan would amount to $80.00 a month.

The T-mobile 1500 minute plan is $99.94, the 1400 Sprint plan is $100. A 3000 minute regional T-Mobile plan is $69.95 and a Sprint regional 1000 minute plan is $60.00.

(Oh, I know the other differences - faster speed on Sprint, longer battery life on T-mobile etc. - I'm focusing solely on plans here.)
    Last edited by BaltimoreTreo; 12/14/2003 at 01:16 PM.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo
    I'm trying to compare T-Mobile and Sprint cell phone plans for my enterprise. I started out assuming that Sprint plans would be superior but the numbers keep coming out in favor of T-Mobile.

Has anyone else run a comparison? I'm not sure that I correctly understand Sprint's vision plan options and I know that it probably varies from region to region but I'd love to compare notes.

For example, a 1000 minute T-Mobile plan with the $19.95 unlimited internet (yes, I know T-Zones would only be $4.95) comes to $59.94 a month. An 1100 minutes Sprint plan with a $15.00 vision plan would amount to $80.00 a month.

The T-mobile 1500 minute plan is $99.94, the 1400 Sprint plan is $100. A 3000 minute regional T-Mobile plan is $69.95 and a Sprint regional 1000 minute plan is $60.00.

(Oh, I know the other differences - faster speed on Sprint, longer battery life on T-mobile etc. - I'm focusing solely on plans here.)
    Are you sure you were looking at the correct plans? For example when i compare Tmo and Sprint I see:

Tmo - 300 AT ($30), UL NW, 9pm nights + unlimited data ($20) = $50/month

Sprint - 300 AT ($35), UL NW w/9 pm nights + vision ($15) = $50/month
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tmo - 1000 AT ($60), UL NW w/9pm nights + UL data ($20) = $80/month

Sprint - 1100 AT ($65), UL NW w/9pm nights + vision ($15) = $80/month
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tmo - 1600 AT ($100), UL NW w/9pm nights + mobile to mobile + UL data ($20) = $120

Sprint- 2000 AT ($100), UL NW w/9pm nights + UL PCS-toPCS + FREE add-a-phone, vision included + RL included (PTT) = $100 /month
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basically, the situation is that Sprint's lower end plans a bit more expensive if you only compare plans with Tmo t-zones, but are very competitive if you compare with the Tmo plans + unlimited data. In fact this is fair b/c T-zones is not full internet access...But if you compare the higher end plans, then Sprint simply blows Tmo out the water! Furthermore, on plans at least $100, you can add a 3rd phone for only $5/month extra on the shared plan. In addition PCS-to-PCS is free for all plans < $100 if you have more than one line, but an extra $5 otherwise. In summarization, I think you basically equivalent rates for lower end plans, but Sprint offers the best rates and services for the higher end plans. Then of course is the speed difference beteen 1xrtt and gprs and coverage issues which are dependent on your locations. Finally there is the issue of international roaming and MO-SMS which Tmo clearly has the upper hand. However, you shoudl note the Sprint will very son launch MO-SMS and it will be free for existing Treo600 users!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Hmm ... I was comparing the t-mobile 1000 minute plan that lacked free nights and weekends. That's not really fair and your numbers might be better.

Is there a web site that does a good comparison?
    Last edited by BaltimoreTreo; 12/14/2003 at 08:23 PM.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...