1.    #1  
    So I just picked up the Treo 600 from AT&T. Pretty frustrating process dealing with their customer service, but I'll leave that for another thread. Anyway, having problems wiht the phone service. Seems to be dropping calls left a right, particularly when I'm in my car.

Also, the data service is extremely slow. Have seen friends with Sprint service (using a Treo 600), and the data service seems much faster.

Also the AT&T data plans suck, and I'm worried that I'll go over my 8 MB limit very quickly, whereas with Sprint I can get unlimited data service.

I'm about ready to send the phone back in, and switch to Sprint. All in all, I can save substantially on my plan, and let my wife use some of my minutes on her phone. Any thoughts?

For information, I'm a pretty heavy cell phone user (1500 - 2000 minutes per month), and travel extensively - mostly to major cities. Was planning on using the data capabilities while waiting in airports for flights, etc.
    I would verify coverage in your area before signing or switching to any provider. Having said that, I am very happy with Sprint and my plan.

Shared plan: 2500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, PCS Vision Proffesional, and unlimited PCS to PCS for $100 less 5% from the total bill every month. I added PCS Free & Clear ($5.00) which allows me to roam on the Verizon network and Night and Weekend minutes starting at 7:00 PM ($5.00).

With me in the DC area and my other half in NY this plan is perfect. And coverage has been great when traveling between the 2 areas.

My main advise is to make sure that there is good coverage in your area.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Good advice. Coverage is pretty good in my area - from speaking with friends, but you never really know until you try. I've suffered through years of having good AT&T TDMA coverage throughout most of Atlanta, but have had extremely poor coverage in my house. So I guess I should find a friend who has Sprint and have them test it at my house.

You happy with the data speed on the Treo with Vision?
    It has been well documented that sprint has a faster data network than all the gsm carriers.

web browsing on my sprint 600 is pretty darn fast considering that this thing fits in my pocket. broadband...no, better than nothing, definitely.

Originally posted by pivarb
    Good advice. Coverage is pretty good in my area - from speaking with friends, but you never really know until you try. I've suffered through years of having good AT&T TDMA coverage throughout most of Atlanta, but have had extremely poor coverage in my house. So I guess I should find a friend who has Sprint and have them test it at my house.

You happy with the data speed on the Treo with Vision?
    I agree with "dacreativeguy". Considering that you can pull the Treo out of your pocket and browse the web or check e-mail...not broadband, but I am impressed. No need to leave your desk at work right after lunch with a magazine or newspaper anymore.

Check out this thread.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    what about a cingular treo?
    Last edited by cingulartreo; 12/23/2003 at 06:17 PM.