Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    My Sprint T600 gets 1 bar of signal in my home, and my calls get dropped frequently. I get 3 and 4 bars just down the road.

Is anyone aware of any kind of 'antenna booster' product that can help improve my indoor signal strength?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Oops, sorry about the repeat posting.
    Refer to this thread. The only real solution is to get a cellular repeater from one of the various companies mentioned that thead. The problem is of course is that it is EXTREMELY expensive solution. However, according to info in the thread, it does signifcantly enhance indoor coverage. Also, you could try to use an universal external antenna adapter that you can find here, but I doubt it will increase your signal strength...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I actually got an "antenna booster" free with a case I got and installed it. It looks like it did increase the signal slightly. I would not spend more than $5 on one though.
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I see. Well, I was hoping to make my long distance calls on my cell phone plan, but with only one bar of signal, most calls tend to get dropped.

I think it's cheaper to use my 3.5-cents-per-minute calling card and just make calls from my landline, rather than look into a booster of any sort.

-Jeff
    Originally posted by j762538
    I actually got an "antenna booster" free with a case I got and installed it. It looks like it did increase the signal slightly. I would not spend more than $5 on one though.
    How did you install that? I got one too but can't figure how to open the back of the unit.
    Originally posted by j762538
    Originally posted by cyberjnke

How did you install that? I got one too but can't figure how to open the back of the unit.
    If you're referring to the internal cellphone sticker thingy, than I have a bridge downtown I'ld to sell you! That thing is an absolute fraud and waste of money, don't even bother...

INTERNAL CELL PHONE ANTENNA IS A FRAUD!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    INTERNAL CELL PHONE ANTENNA IS A FRAUD! is an understatement to say the least. It is a waste of tiem to even open the package! take care, jay
    I just stuck it on the back by the antenna.

Originally posted by cyberjnke
    My Treo has more memory than I do.