Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58
  1. #41  
    To receive tiff files from Efax you have to be a Efax Plus Subscriber, there is nothing but .efx for the free account.

    There must be a better tiff viewer than Acid Pro, it really is grim, lousy job on other file types, zoom, aweful, pixelated.
  2. #42  
    Originally posted by dlbrummels
    To receive tiff files from Efax you have to be a Efax Plus Subscriber, there is nothing but .efx for the free account.

    There must be a better tiff viewer than Acid Pro, it really is grim, lousy job on other file types, zoom, aweful, pixelated.
    MaxeMail sends your faxes to you as attached pdfs which can be opened with Acrobat Reader.

    I find their service a lot better in many many ways than eFax. In fact, I would never use eFax again. I am very pleased with MaxeMail on my computer and, when I get a chance, I will try it on my Treo via Snapper.

    Regards,

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  3. #43  
    What is the website link ?
  4. #44  
    Originally posted by NateS


    MaxeMail sends your faxes to you as attached pdfs which can be opened with Acrobat Reader.

    I find their service a lot better in many many ways than eFax. In fact, I would never use eFax again. I am very pleased with MaxeMail on my computer and, when I get a chance, I will try it on my Treo via Snapper.

    Regards,

    NateS
    Looks like it blows Efax out of the water at a much cheaper rate!
  5. #45  
    Originally posted by dlbrummels

    There must be a better tiff viewer than Acid Pro, it really is grim, lousy job on other file types, zoom, aweful, pixelated.
    Actually there is. Checkout Photogather from Eusoftware. Very nice viewer/image editor IMO...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6. #46  
    Wow, and only $16.00 ! What does Acid Image Pro even exist at $49 ????
  7. #47  
    If anyone has gotten a fax program to work on the t600 using the t600 modem, please let me know which, how, and what settings you used. I was unable to get Mark/Space Fax to send, and InStep Fax did a soft reset upon launch consistently. I know many people suggest using internet/mail based solutions, but I need to send patient information directly to a secure fax machine. I'm concerned about violoating the incredibly punitive privacy laws by sending through a 3rd party. Unfortunately medical folks are still using circa 1988 technology for the mostpart - faxes still rule the day.

    Thanks


    Gary
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Wow, and only $16.00 ! What does Acid Image Pro even exist at $49 ????

    Here's another one! Checkout GrxView:

    http://www.indevsoftware.com/products/GrxView/

    And it integrates with snappermail too!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by gurjit
    To bclinger and sprintreouser,

    How did you guys tweak the software to run on your Treo 600s? Mine just resets each time I play around with its many parameters.

    Any idea? It would be great if this InStep Fax really works with the Treo 600. Are they working on one for the Treo 600?

    Thanks.
    did you get the InStep Fax work? it keeps resetting on my Treo600 when it tries to send fax
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Actually I had the MarkSpace Fax program on my 600 for a while (part of my Treo 300 tools). It did send faxes but had other problems (probably related to the fact it wasn't designed for OS5).
    Did you have to do something special to get it to use the "wireless modem" as a fax? Choosing "other", then "wireless modem", it doesn't seem to work.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Actually there is. Checkout Photogather from Eusoftware. Very nice viewer/image editor IMO...
    Problem with Photogather is that although they claim it will read "JPG, GIF, BMP, PCX, TIFF and TGA directly" in fact it only reads JPEG and TIFF on the Palm device; the rest are readable only on a PC, where they can be converted to JPEG and then moved to the Palm device. The writeup on their web site is a bit deceptive in this regard. Also, you can't zoom the image on the Palm device (as you can with RescoView, for example) or change the brightness or contrast. So, IMHO, the functionality of this software is very limited compared to other, similar, software. The only think different is the ability to read TIFF files on the Palm device. Just a note, though - TIFF files take up way more space than just about any other poto format.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrashear
    Did you have to do something special to get it to use the "wireless modem" as a fax? Choosing "other", then "wireless modem", it doesn't seem to work.
    Sorry... don't remember except that I did have to play with the various device settings until I found one that would work. But it had so many other problems that I removed it.
  13. #53  
    I like the idea of a bounty to get somebody working to make Instep Print & Fax 2.2 working on a Treo 600 GSM. Anybody interested to join? How do we get this off the ground?
  14. gurjit's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #54  
    Yeah, I would be interested too. Anyone?
    Treo 600 Rocks!
  15. #55  
    Beside the Tiff format in efax, you can also change the efax format to pdf...Maybe you can read it in Palm Acrobat Reader. I will test it and let you guys know.
  16. #56  
    Okay, looks like there is some interest, I put $100 forward for Instep Print & Fax 2.2 working on a Treo 600 GSM.
  17. #57  
    Bump ^
  18. #58  
    Send Free FAX (WEB or EMail) from Treo 600/650:
    http://www.tpc.int/sendfax.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions