Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    For several reasons not relevant here, after trying efax and jfax, I adopted maxemail as my method of using my laptop for receiving and sending faxes, and it sends the fax as pdf attachments.

Therefore, I tried sending a fax via maxemail to Snapper on my Treo 300, but Palm Acrobat Reader wouldn't open it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Check out Aileron at
    WWW.corsoft.com

It is both and email and fax program. It allow you to send and receive Faxes. The product is awsome. The comapny is very responsive to the needs of the treo community

Harv
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    So this means Mark Space was lying after all. Treo 600 is capable of fax.

I am wondering now whether we should trust SanDisk for saying that Treo 600 has no capabilities to support WiFi. Check out a Japanese company, Hagiwara which also has WiFi cards ready for the Palm units minus the software.
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    Originally posted by gurjit
    So this means Mark Space was lying after all. Treo 600 is capable of fax.

I am wondering now whether we should trust SanDisk for saying that Treo 600 has no capabilities to support WiFi. Check out a Japanese company, Hagiwara which also has WiFi cards ready for the Palm units minus the software.
    Actually I had the MarkSpace Fax program on my 600 for a while (part of my Treo 300 tools). It did send faxes but had other problems (probably related to the fact it wasn't designed for OS5).
    Originally posted by hcohen
    Check out Aileron at
    WWW.corsoft.com

It is both and email and fax program. It allow you to send and receive Faxes. The product is awsome. The comapny is very responsive to the needs of the treo community

Harv
    I did not see anything about faxes on their website, can you point out where you saw it???
    When you purchase the program one of the options is to purchase a block of faxes You send the fax to their mail server which sends it out for you.

No monthly charge just the per fax charge. Received faxes are converted.. Check out there Demo section and you will see how it works

Harv
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    On the palmgear web site, there's a Treo 600 user who has reported the program works for his Treo.

Anyone knows where to download a demo version of MarkSpace program?
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    On the palmgear web site, there's a Treo 600 user who has reported the program works for his Treo.

Anyone knows where to download a demo version of MarkSpace program?
    Sure:

http://www.markspace.com/fax.html

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Is there such a thing as sending a fax WITHOUT ANY kind of charge ???(monthly/per fax) I HATE bills, & would rather pay even $100 for a program that would support it...
    (Maybe InStep?)
    My Instep, still resets

I am asking this again, because i NEED an answer if possible,

"Is there such a thing as sending a fax WITHOUT ANY kind of charge ???(monthly/per fax) I HATE bills, & would rather pay even $100 for a program that would support it...
    (Maybe InStep?)"

P.S. I don't need to recieved faxes, I just need to send...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Looks like MarkSpace fax program works after all. Only thing is it does not receives faxes, only sends.
    However, I'm having some problems setting the modem to send faxes. Someone has success doing it? What were you're settings?
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    Do they charge perFax/Monthly?
    Looks like MarkSpace fax program works after all. Only thing is it does not receives faxes, only sends.
    However, I'm having some problems setting the modem to send faxes. Someone has success doing it? What were you're settings?
    Really? Has anyone emailed Mark Space and inquired why they maintain their software won't work on the Treo600? Seems quite strange to me if they refuse to develop software for the Treo600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Everytime i press send, I get this message unable to make a handshake. Any ideas?
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    How come Markspace doesn't have a trial period???
    I would NOT buy any program that I can't try first to see if it's worth it ...
    Receiving faxes is simple. As stated previously on this site, faxes come in as e-mails with e-fax. As long as you receive in TIF format and have a TIF reader such as Acid Image Pro on your treo, you can view these faxes on your teo.

As far as sending faxes, simply open a new e-mail I have snapper mail) and in the address field, put 1 + the fax number followed by "@efaxsend.com". Your e-mail will automatically go to efax, and will be converted into a fax and faxed for you. You can test this by faxing to your own efax account. As for attachments, if you have docs to go, merely tap on the icon to the left of the document you want to send, click send, select format, an the e-mail will open for you (in snapper mail) with the attachment in place. Type your cover note and click send -- and that's it. You can even get a fax confirmation (as you would, ordinarily, with efax).

One note, since my ISP wont allow me to send outgoing e-mails over its network, I have to use sprint's SMTP server to do this (consult with snapper mail's web site). I mention this because you need to list your sprintpcs e-mail address (in efax's send fax preferences screen) for authentication purposes with efax.

I hope this helps everyone.
    I am looking for a program that doesn't use something like Efax, oor anything that needs membership/per fax charge....
    I think In Step does it, but there is no reply from them for the last 2 weeks....
    Oooops, Thanks for your input anyway, this is gonna be my last choice...
    I tried the In Step program too - it didn't work. The efax thing is amazing. I do agree, it will cost you some money (I already have an account for other reasons).

Good luck.
    Well, it seems that the people at instep, are either dead or are takeing an e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d holiday vacation... I sent them 4 emails in the last couple of weeks, with no response...

I read a lot about it, and it looks like this is the way to go if only it worked with the T600...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast