1.    #1  
    I had an email discussion with the author of Pocket Tunes regarding crossfading on the Treo 600 with Vorbis audio.

Basically, I found that the Treo wasn't fast enough to prepare a crossfade of larger than 5 seconds. But I wonder if maybe this was a limitation of my SanDisk 256MB card (would have been 512, except for f***ing Sears.com screwing me), or the encoding of my OGG files.

MP3's have no problem with 10 second crossfades.

Anyone have any experiences like this? What do you folks use for your quality/VBR settings for OGG?
    I don't use crossfade. Waist of time. I like to listen to the songs in full.

I use 96 for settings.

Try Audiograbber.............rip to MP3 convert to ogg Vorbis at 96.

I have even had it as low as 69 but think it better to go for the 96 level.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    Try Audiograbber.............rip to MP3 convert to ogg Vorbis at 96.

I have even had it as low as 69 but think it better to go for the 96 level.
    Why not rip straight to OGG? Everytime you convert to a different lossy format, you lose qualtiy.

Personally, I use 5 sec and have not tried any longer crossfades with OGG. I use 128 KB/sec VBR, though the delay is horrible to do anything while it is playing, including turning the display on and off. Sometimes it just does not respond, and I wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't handle anything longer than 5 sec.