1.    #1  
    Why canít all of the simple features listed below that are currently available in 4 different email programs not be put into ONE great email program?

- Flashing ď*Ē AND blinking light alert (like IM Chatter)
    - BACKGROUND checking for new mail (like Handspring Mail) has Ė meaning that it doesnít turn on the screen or prevent you from using any other programs or do anything else while itís checking for mail, as Snappermail and Versa Mail do.
    - IMAP support (like VersaMail)
    - Full 5-way button support

Well, Chatter is about 3.5/4 on your list The blinking LED, full background operation with true push no less, IMAP support (not a heavy client, but adding features weekly), and 90%+ 5-way.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Yes - I have checked out IMchatter, but it is less a email client and more for IMing, which I use SMS for.

Give it a better interface for handling email, like Handspring mail or Snappermail and I'm there. I currently have 3 email programs on my T600 - Versamail, Snappermail, and Handspring Mail. I use Handspring mail the most - since it checks in the background and flashes the "*" as an alert. I then use VersaMail when I have time and on the go (back of cabs, on plane, on train, waiting room, etc.) to organize and clean up my in box.

Does IMchatter work in the background? Also, does it still need to rely on YOUR server? VersaMail does not require me to do that and I only need to have MY server info.
    Chatter works foreground and background, awake and asleep. You use your own IMAP server, and email is pushed to the treo.
    Will Chatter continue to push email when the connection to PCS Vision gets dropped?

I'm prompted to reconnect to PCS vision manually when I haven't been on line for a while. I've tried using TreoHelper to keep the connection stable, but haven't been able to get the DropNet feature to work on my T600.
    Chatter will re-open a broken connec tion (again, foreground or background, awake or asleep) as long as a connection is possible. It is very persistent....

Marc
    What about SSL support?

Adam
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Slick50
    I use Handspring mail the most - since it checks in the background and flashes the "*" as an alert.
    Actually, VersaMail does do this too - it DOES turn on the screen when it polls if the screen is off, but otherwise, it's very "unobtrusive".

I wish VersaMail was more "5-way" friendly - however, having used MultiMail on my T270 for so long, it's not like I'm having to do anything I didn't do before really, so I'll live with it til they update it!

Danita
    Lets add another feature in there (for us Sprint users so we don't have to use PictureMail). It should be able to access the pictures ON THE PHONE (not on a memory card) even if they are in Handspring's database file. I understand that the Handspring program can do it because they had access to things that Snappermail doesn't but if Resco Photo Viewer can now do it, I don't see why Snappermail can't.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by Danitaz

Actually, VersaMail does do this too - it DOES turn on the screen when it polls if the screen is off, but otherwise, it's very "unobtrusive".

I wish VersaMail was more "5-way" friendly - however, having used MultiMail on my T270 for so long, it's not like I'm having to do anything I didn't do before really, so I'll live with it til they update it!

Danita
    It turns the screen on AND prevents you from doing anything else while it is checking and receiving email. Handspring mail does not turn on the screen and it also lets you use other apps while it is checking and downloading - aka operating in the background. I agree, the lack of decent 5-way support in IMChatter and Versamail is a big disadvantage.