1.    #1  
    I knew the T600 has infared, but didn't know it was advanced/universal as it was. Here is what I found. Please share more info if you have some too.

1. Beam Contact's to IR phones like a Nokia candybar phone with an IR port. The Nokia will set everything up.

2. Beam MS word, excell and such back and forth. I had a Word doc that I made on my T600, I can beam it to my laptop (it has an IR eye). They T600 asks if I want to beam it via Native to DTG. Choose Native. You can even beam a MS Word, Excell and such from a PC to the T600. NOTE: You need to make sure the IR is enables on both deviced. You also need the full version (DocToGo V6) to create on the T600. But the bundled version of DTG should work to view if you beam to the T600.

3. Cut and paste text from any where and beam to the T600. I can highlight text from the internet, and put it to NotePad on my PC and save it. Then I can (After the two link) right click on the file, choose "Send to" and "Infared connetion" and it goes to the memo app on the Treo.

I had no idea I could do ALL this. I can know carry word and excell files into a meeting and beam them to other peple with out having to lug a lap top, or power it up, if it's not on. Also nice that when you beam to a normal phone, via contadcts. most will give the numbres the correct icons and placement in the phone receiving the data.

What else can anyone do?

Regards, Matt Burkhard
    you can beam ringtones to the Treo. The Treo puts 'em into the right place for you to use.
    you can also beam photos to use a "picture caller-ID" photos from your PC to the Treo.
    you can also beam applications to the Treo from your PC. Keeps you from having to always HotSync to install apps.
    I use all of these frequently.
    jskier,

Could you explain how you use the beamed photos for picture ID? I was under the impression the only photos you could use were those taken with the built-in camera.
  4.    #4  
    Jskier, Nice info, I'll have to try that too. Thnaks, Matt
    Originally posted by wayne_b
    jskier,

Could you explain how you use the beamed photos for picture ID? I was under the impression the only photos you could use were those taken with the built-in camera.

I resize whatever photo I want to use to 180x120. (I have read other people post that they use 160x120, but that still leaves white space on the edge of my screen.) After re-sizing I simply beam the photo over to my Treo 600. It will ask where you want to store the photo. As long as you store internally (not on SD card), then you can use it as caller-id photo. Just add them to the appropriate favorite (in the regular manner) & presto!
    hope this helps.
    Originally posted by wayne_b
    jskier,

You can beam them and also just transfer them via hotsync by placing the pics in the transfer folder of your Treo Pictures folder on your desktop. The pics will be transfered to ram where you can use them for Pic CID...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Tks for the info. I just resized to 160 and transferred a couple of pics via Hot Sync for the first time based on the info provided in this thread.

Tks again
    Great info! Thank you very much!
    Uh.....how do I resize the photo? I'm using Microsoft Photo Editor. Sorry for the embarrassing question!
    Never mind! I figured it out!