1.    #1  
    I know Sprint hasn't turned on real MO-SMS yet, but I was wondering if there's a program that'll let us send real SMS messages once they do? Treo300SMS works great for receiving...

Thanks,
    Peter
    HUH? From my experience Treo300SMS worked great for SENDING as well!? I never had any problems sending messages while using Treo300SMS, unless of course there have been problems recently? Anyway, there really aren't any other better solutions out there for the Treo300. The Treo300 will never be upgradeable to use true MO-SMS when/if Sprint finally rolls the service out some time next year, so Treo300SMS is it. Of course there are other options to send SMS like the Micrcio site or the Text Messenger app that was mentioned on the front page of Treocentral a while ago. However the latter only workd for sending text mesages to other sprint phones...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    ... but it is still going through their proxy, rather than being a true SMS. I'm just curious why real MO-SMS won't work on the Treo 300, once Sprint rolls it out? I'm guessing it'll just be a PalmOS app?
    Unfortunately I think its a bit more complicated than just a palmos app. In fact AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $current$ $phones$ $that$ $will$ $be$ $capable$ $of$ $MO$-$SMS$ $when$ $Sprint$ $finally$ $does$ $roll$ $it$ $out$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $Treo600$, $Sanyo$ $VM4500$ $and$ $Sanyo$ $RL2500$....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Since I upgraded to the 600 I'm selling my copy of Treo 300 SMS at half price. PM me if you want it. It's an excellent application.

http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoSmsApp/

[COLOR=red]
    One Verizon 6035 rom update made my 6035 MOSMS capable back a couple years ago (at a time when no one I knew cared about sms). Too bad the t300 doesn't have a flash rom. Does the t600 have a flash rom? Cause you know there's going to be an issue down the road that will only be corrected by updating the rom or, barring that, make everyone spend another $449 for a "new" Treo 650.
    David