Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by anthonymoody
    For email and gen'l surfing, I have found the user experience comparable.
    In Richmond, Virginia, the two aren't even comparable. Put them side-by-side and Sprint is loads faster. Especially when running Blazer in wide page mode and browsing full-size web sites. And downloading decent-size e-mails (250K+) there's no comparison either. And as I've mentioned, upload speeds via FTP on Sprint GPRS are 3 to 4 times faster.

But I realize that's just here in Central Virginia. And the (international) portability of GSM is a very cool factor that Sprint can't touch.
    Originally posted by anthonymoody
    For the person who's had good experience with Sprint in terms of customer service, congratulations - you are lucky and definitely not the norm in this regard. Go to howardforums or other sites focused on mobile service providers and see. And it's not just anecdotal...Sprint is consistently rated the worst in places like PC magazine. And TMo's excellent customer service has nothing to do with a lack of customers. They may be smaller than some of the others, but still have millions of customers.

As for ATT data plans, I tried 3 times, and none of the reps I spoke with knew anything about a $19 unlimited data plan...and one even vehemently denied it (got quite snippy in fact). In any case, due to past history with ATT I will never again spend one red cent with them.

IMO TMo is far and away the best carrier in the US. Plus, I get to take my phone with me all over the world.

TM

I'm currently on hold with the idiots at Sprint's technical support line (40 + minutes and counting, for the third time in 24 hrs). They screwed up provisioning of data services. Now level 1 tech is futzing around and doesn't know why the data service isn't working.

Now (20 minutes) later he's given up. Still doesn't have a clue why the phone won't work. ("Have you tried a reset?") It will take another hour's wait to access level 2 support (sounds like Sprint customers are having a lot of problems...). That's the limit of my patience.

I think I'll be returning this and get a GSM version. Sprint really f**ked up this time. Everything people say about their incompetence is true. I amazed ANYONE has dealt with Sprint and not felt an overwhelming urge to go postal on them. I'm going to recommend my company use GSM suppliers exclusively for any Treos we purchase next year.

Regarding AT&T: I also had been advised repeatedly that unlimited data was not available for $19.99. This a.m. I spoke to a supervisor in their GSM business office (1 800 388-3235) and they now say it really is available for $19.99. Apparently pricing changed several weeks ago. Funny how no one told their customers or even their staff. Pathetic.
    If Sprint fails me, I'll get a P900 and T-Mobile...sell the Treo to someone else who wants it. For now, I'm very fortunate that Sprint hasn't messed things up.

I expect them to moving my DSL in a few months >_<
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    If Sprint fails me, I'll get a P900 and T-Mobile...sell the Treo to someone else who wants it. For now, I'm very fortunate that Sprint hasn't messed things up.

I expect them to moving my DSL in a few months >_<
    You're very fortunate. Everyone (and I mean everyone) I've dealt with at Sprint has been either lazy or incompetent. Several reps claimed Vision for the Treo 600 costs $30. The Sprint Store Guys are a joke - and it's creepy how much alike they all are from store to store. No one seems to know anything about setting up the Treos and their data service provisioning has been toast for a week.

According to one of the tech support people I talked to today, Sprint pulled out of their contract with some off-shore company that was handling their provisioning. Doing so caused that company to go bankrupt. Only problem is Sprint didn't have the alternate provisioning service ready to pick up the slack. Yet another screwup in Treo rollouts.

If you're planning to sell that Treo, you'll probably lose a fair bit of money given how quickly the prices have dropped in the past month.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra
    If you're planning to sell that Treo, you'll probably lose a fair bit of money given how quickly the prices have dropped in the past month.
    Wouldn't be the first time I've lost money on a gadget that I thought was cool at first sight.
    Originally posted by Ksilebo

Wouldn't be the first time I've lost money on a gadget that I thought was cool at first sight.

The price of living here on the bleeding edge...

The price of living here on the bleeding edge...

All too true. I think I lost something like $200 on my Sony Clie "liquidation" with all the accessories I bought, but only around $50 for my Palm m100 because of the keyboard. But the most aggrivating one was my Samsung phone from Verizon. It went on sale, $99 after rebate.

I paid $200 for the phone.

I wanted to strangle anyone who worked at Verizon after that.
    new registrant here, but long time reader. imo, fwiw, tmo is waiting for the AT&T upgrade period to end today, before letting another promo out of the gate. Just the impression I get from the HS special offer, upgrade program page at http://www.handspring.com/promos/treo600_promo.jhtml
    wadday'all think?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by screwtinize
    new registrant here, but long time reader. imo, fwiw, tmo is waiting for the AT&T upgrade period to end today, before letting another promo out of the gate. Just the impression I get from the HS special offer, upgrade program page at http://www.handspring.com/promos/treo600_promo.jhtml
    wadday'all think?
    Welcome to the madness!
    I would have agreed with you until today. I called T-Mo acting as if i was going to switch and wanted info on taking my number with me. She checked with their "data department" to get a release date to see if i would wait and keep my T-Mo service. She came back on the line and told me they had no eta on the 600 and then told me how to take my number to AT&T. I can't imagine they would have fed me a line if the release was to have been tomorrow. I ordered the AT&T version today hoping to unlock it and stay with AT&T, so we'll see what happens. At this point i would encourage those holding their breath for T-Mo to exhale...
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste

Regarding AT&T: I also had been advised repeatedly that unlimited data was not available for $19.99. This a.m. I spoke to a supervisor in their GSM business office (1 800 388-3235) and they now say it really is available for $19.99. Apparently pricing changed several weeks ago. Funny how no one told their customers or even their staff. Pathetic.
    I tried calling the above number and asking about the unlimited data plan, but the guy had never heard about it. Do you know who you talked to and maybe have a direct number? I would love to get this if it were available.
    Originally posted by carrseven

I tried calling the above number and asking about the unlimited data plan, but the guy had never heard about it. Do you know who you talked to and maybe have a direct number? I would love to get this if it were available.

I'll post it when I get home (if I had written it down).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123