Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I am really interested in real world reviews for either of these headsets? Anyone willing to share?

Thanks,

Rob
    Originally posted by porcaccio
    I am really interested in real world reviews for either of these headsets? Anyone willing to share?

Thanks,

Rob
    Please do a search. Both have been extensively reviewed.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I did a search, but if you think those two lines you typed should be considered an "extensive" review, you are dead wrong.
    Without getting into a needless argument, I typed two reviews about the shure headset. You might have found the shorter one. Granted, neither were extensive. Other users reviewed the mx150

What specific things would you like to know about the shure headset? I can try to answer your questions.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thanks for understanding, chuhsi. I just want to make sure the Shure is worth the $50. I tried the MX153 at Best Buy's expense over the weekend. I found the earpiece to be loud and comfortable, but that I couldn't quite get the flexigrip thing to stay put on my ear the way it was supposed to.

The microphone sounded good for the most part, to my friends, but I couldn't be sure as I was in a VERY noisy area.

So, while I bought an MX150 on ebay for $11, I figure that I will ask a few more questions about the Shure.

(1) How good is the in-ear fit? Is it comfortable? The MX150 kept falling out of my ear, although it was light and comfortable when sitting in place.

(2) I wear glasses. Other over the ear headsets don't feel quite right in that setup. Can you tell me (if you use it this way) if the Shure fits better?

(3) You claim that you sound very clear, but soft. Does that mean that the people you are talking to can't hear you? Is this in all situations/areas?

(4) How loud is it? The MX150 was very loud and clear, when it came to this.

(5) I know you said you would keep it, but is it still worth the $50 to you?
    $11 for the MX150? That's a bargain. I'd just forget about the shure. If the MX150's not bad, the Shure probably isn't worth an extra $39

Originally posted by porcaccio
    Thanks for understanding, chuhsi. I just want to make sure the Shure is worth the $50. I tried the MX153 at Best Buy's expense over the weekend. I found the earpiece to be loud and comfortable, but that I couldn't quite get the flexigrip thing to stay put on my ear the way it was supposed to.

The microphone sounded good for the most part, to my friends, but I couldn't be sure as I was in a VERY noisy area.

So, while I bought an MX150 on ebay for $11, I figure that I will ask a few more questions about the Shure.

(1) How good is the in-ear fit? Is it comfortable? The MX150 kept falling out of my ear, although it was light and comfortable when sitting in place.

[me] - it's very comfortable. I can't tell I have it on. It doesn't slip out. It comes with a bunch of foam and plastic pads to fit your ear exactly.

(2) I wear glasses. Other over the ear headsets don't feel quite right in that setup. Can you tell me (if you use it this way) if the Shure fits better?

[me] i took off the over the ear part and just wrap the thin cord that plugs into my phone around my ear, as recommended by shure. works great. i wear glasses, too.

(3) You claim that you sound very clear, but soft. Does that mean that the people you are talking to can't hear you? Is this in all situations/areas?

[me] not really soft..more like not as full of a sound. everyone hears me just fine. My voice sounds a bit higher pitched than normal, but no one complains. no one can tell i'm on a headset, either. the noise cancelling seems to work fine. i drove by a huge truck with the window down while leaving myself a voicemail and could barely hear the truck. i like the long boom mic.

(4) How loud is it? The MX150 was very loud and clear, when it came to this.
    [me] it's damn loud and very clear. i keep the volume on my treo at zero (no black bars)

(5) I know you said you would keep it, but is it still worth the $50 to you?
    [me] tough call. I've been through a billion headsets and haven't found one with a good mic (i found out my ear's farther than normal from my mouth). theboom.com was the best headset ever, but even at $99 for during holiday sale, that's a lot of money for a headset.

hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Now that is an extensive review!!! I wouldn't expect any more questions about that one . Thanks again for taking the time to answer the questions.

Rob