1.    #1  
    Great screen shots, pluses, minuses.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/h/h/hherbzil...s_agendus.html
    "Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded. "
  3.    #3  
    Getting that also now. Apparently the author used up his bandwidth allowance on bellsouth. Wish I had copied it, b/c it was interesting, with DB5 the clear "winner." Hopefully it will return soon.
    I have used Action Names / Agendus for about four years and love the tight integration for making appointments, to do's and a call list. As a consultant, I spend my entire day, every day in my car and in people's homes/offices. Agendus allows me to quickly and cleanly manage my business and clients.

With the T600 and the ability to call a client or anyone on my calendar or to do list directly from those screens flat out is unbelievable and efficient.

I toyed with Datebook 4 and 5 off an on over the past year, but as powerful as it seems, it is almost too deep and complex to quickly do the things that I need. And the phone integration is light years behind the the improving Agendus.

For my money, I want technology to work for me quickly, efficiently and with a minimum learning curve. Agendus does this for me, Datebook does not.

Version 7 isn't perfect by any means, but I think that the upcoming updates to totally support the D pad will make Agendus a "must have and can't do without" for users like myself.
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
    Originally posted by pcrick

I toyed with Datebook 4 and 5 off an on over the past year, but as powerful as it seems, it is almost too deep and complex to quickly do the things that I need. ...

...For my money, I want technology to work for me quickly, efficiently and with a minimum learning curve. Agendus does this for me, Datebook does not.
    My experience was exactly the opposite. The Agendus screen was so cluttered and just plain unattractive that I couldn't make myself learn how to use it. DB5 slipped in easily, looked almost like the built in application and was a breeze to learn.
  6.    #6  
    Truly worth a look, regardless of one's preference. A very comprehensive side-by-side, but by no means difinitive.

Originally posted by elysian9
    Truly worth a look, regardless of one's preference. A very comprehensive side-by-side, but by no means difinitive.

I have gotten the Bandwith Limit Exceeded message every time I try to open that page. Can it be moved somewhere where we can read it?
  8.    #8  
    [deleted]
    Last edited by elysian9; 12/14/2003 at 12:54 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks to Herb for providing this link. The comparison has been updated and is a "work in progress." Check it out.

"Yep... got a little more exposure than I anticipated.
    For those who are interested, I've since moved it to:
    http://tech.hernandez5.net/html/datebk5_vs_agendus.html

It's still a work in progress, so constructive feedback is
    appreciated."
    The MAIN REASON I bought a T600 was so that I can have ONE Contact list on my home pc, office pc, PALM AND PHONE!

With a huge list of addresses, I want a PIM that makes it easy to find and dial anyone on my list. WHICH PIM IS THAT?
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    In my opinion...Agedus. I looked through the screen shots on the site posted above and have to say that side by side, Agendus looks a lot cleaner. Plus, there was an error on that page that says that you can't jump directly to a contacts details from the Calendar or To Do view...YES YOU CAN...Your contact information is never more than Two taps away. And with the newest version of Agendus, you can Dial your contacts from ANY view in the PIM.

The big negative still, however, is the lack of sufficient Dpad support, but apparently it will be here soon. That being said, I didn't think Dpad support was all that good when I was trying DB5 either, and their lack of tight integration between contacts/to do's/calendar kept me with Agendus.

Try them both and see what you thing...both are available for free use for at least 30 days.
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
    Originally posted by Architect
    The MAIN REASON I bought a T600 was so that I can have ONE Contact list on my home pc, office pc, PALM AND PHONE!

With a huge list of addresses, I want a PIM that makes it easy to find and dial anyone on my list. WHICH PIM IS THAT?
    the built in contacts can do that.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.