Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I figured out how to patch the Phone application to ignore the 3 special keys (space, backspace, and return) when the phone is handling an incoming call (ie ringing).

I'll be posting a message shortly with the whole story.

Bill S
    Originally posted by tvBilly
    I figured out how to patch the Phone application to ignore the 3 special keys (space, backspace, and return) when the phone is handling an incoming call (ie ringing).

I'll be posting a message shortly with the whole story.

Bill S
    I'm really anxious to know how to patch the 600 to ignore the 3 keys!! I just spent a good sum for the high quality Covertec side case (which was worth the one month wait, btw), only to find out about this MOST ANNOYING flaw! I think it's ONE area which HS engineers goofed (despite the many fine functionalities of the 600). NO ONE would like their phone to go on automatically due to these stupid phone answering keys. There should only be one button to answer incoming calls and it should not auto cut off the keylock function whatsoever until one presses the center button!! I've tried nearly all the avail. hacks and security software (incl. Disable Buttons 2.1) but all to no avail!

So, kindly post us the directions soonest, really appreciate it!
    Originally posted by bhleong
    So, kindly post us the directions soonest, really appreciate it!
    Keep an eye on this thread about the space key auto answer patch.
    Originally posted by fkendrick
    I've rigged my Vaja Case in the interim. I put a piece of heavy duty plastic in the credit card slot that faces the phone. The plastic works because the cover is more rigid and raises the leather away from the spacebar and return key, even with the cover snap closed. The key pad is slightly recessed relative to the top half of the phone. For at least the past day or so the dreaded auto-answer has not occurred. I'll keep it in this case for the time being.

Same story... stone-walled. Still looking for a fix.

i've just receive my Vaja 797 case for treo, unlucky i've the same problem like covertec
    case and the space bar key answering feature.
    I've just apply the "patch" from you with two
    credit card size plastic in the credit card slot
    and now my treo work correctly in the case.

many thank for this good idea.
    It's may be the best solution :-)

Best regard, Tony
  5.    #65  
    Originally posted by stuartr
    To quote from the Sprint Treo 600 manual:

Keyguard manually disables all buttons and the touchscreen to prevent accidental presses in your briefcase or pocket.

This is not the behavior that we're seeing. When the phone receives a call, pressing the spacebar (or an already depressed spacebar) bypasses Keyguard and will answer the phone.

This can be a major problem for those of us using cases. A lot of folks have already brought this issue up in these forums but I don't see any solution. One person said that Handspring told him that they considered it a "feature". If so, why isn't it documented in the manual?

Please join me in urging Handspring/Palmone to fix this bug.

(here)
    Another incredibly pleased customer. Thanks!!!!!!

It may be worth emailing Belagio (my case manufacturer that had this problem) and other case companies and tell them about your product. My guess is that they will advertise for you on their websites and perhaps make you a little dough for this little gem......
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234